STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yo, do you not have sense? Why the hell would you post a pro bber that juiced his *** off to back up your statement? And in a thread of people that will never touch steroids.
Basically what you said is, dont dead lift, but take steroids and you can have a back like Levrone.

If you gonna back up your statement, you post a back of an average joe that doesnt deadlift.

Does that make sense to you now?
I never made any statement of the kind
laugh.gif

Stop trying to twist my post and put words into my mouth.

Juice has got nothing to do with it, the muscles and mechanics of the human body are the same for pros as they are for average Joe, posting Levrone was simply to showcase an example of someone who still managed to develop and add mass over the years without one of those major movements.

It really was no more complicated than that, merely a counter to the NT bro's view that DLs and Squats are the only  possible way to progress, aesthetically or athletically, and that anyone who can't or doesn't do them should just stop whining and re-think their whole program.

The way some people talk in here is as if you don't Squat or Dead-lift you might as well just call it quits all together and  throw yourself off a bridge.

Let me make clear for the record before you twist this post ...Dead-lifts and Back Squats are the two best overall exercise movements there are, and they would be first on the list I'd recommend to anyone.

But it still doesn't make them essential ...optimal yes ...but not essential.

Just used a sample pack of razor8 i had lying around. :smokin never used a pre workout before and i absolutely blasted my arms using this stuff

feels superman

It really was no more complicated than that, merely a counter to the NT bro's view that DLs and Squats are the only  possible way to progress, aesthetically or athletically, and that anyone who can't or doesn't do them should just stop whining and re-think their whole program.
The way some people talk in here is as if you don't Squat or Dead-lift you might as well just call it quits all together and  throw yourself off a bridge.

Let me make clear for the record before you twist this post ...Dead-lifts and Back Squats are the two best overall exercise movements there are, and they would be first on the list I'd recommend to anyone.

But it still doesn't make them essential ...optimal yes ...but not essential.
Most "bros" dont squat or DL though.

How many people do you know that train for athletics that dont squat? I would say its a really low number. If you want to jump higher, run faster, be more explosive, and you dont squat, then yes you should rethink your program.

Just my .02

I never leave Deads and Squats but it's crazy how many bros at LA fitness I never see do either.

Last edited:
posting Levrone was simply to showcase an example of someone who still managed to develop and add mass over the years without one of those major movements.
Yo, levrone managed to develop his physique because of STEROIDS. He was a pro bber that used steroids so you have to compare him to other pro bbers who use steroids. And compared to other pro bbers, his back SUCKED, Point blank.

"juice has nothing to do with it" :lol:

looking to buy a foam roller soon, like today haha. any recommendations of sites that have good prices and/or which roller to buy? looking for an extra firm one to use after plyo/leg days. preferrably looking to keep it under $40 if possible but if i need to go over for a better product i will.

looking to buy a foam roller soon, like today haha. any recommendations of sites that have good prices and/or which roller to buy? looking for an extra firm one to use after plyo/leg days. preferrably looking to keep it under $40 if possible but if i need to go over for a better product i will.
I got a generic one on eBay last spring for like $20 shipped.

What workouts would yall suggest for legslegs that doesn't put pressure on the knees to much?

Deadlift and all it's variations
Good Mornings

In reality, the bad knee's excuse is extremely overblown. It's mental to most. If anything lower/scale the weight until you're comfortable and gain strength along with perfecting your form.

Athelete's blow out their knee's and part of their rehab is to squat in order to strengthen the leg/knee.

For the common Joe, the "I have bad knees or bad back" is just an excuse to ***** out. No other way to slice it. Scaling down is a huge shot to the ego, so most just avoid it completely.

Good Mornings

In reality, the bad knee's excuse is extremely overblown. It's mental to most. If anything lower/scale the weight until you're comfortable and gain strength along with perfecting your form.

Athelete's blow out their knee's and part of their rehab is to squat in order to strengthen the leg/knee.

For the common Joe, the "I have bad knees or bad back" is just an excuse to ***** out. No other way to slice it. Scaling down is a huge shot to the ego, so most just avoid it completely.

Dudes are so hurt if they can't squat 2xs their BW so they just push it to the side and start coming out with all types of excuses....dawgs, ya got bad knees, do some airsquats, boxjumps, squatholds, walking lunges with a plate, hell you can even do some dumbell DLs...so many variations of squats you can do...so yes to say you don't squat for X reason, is just a BS excuse...just keep
It real with yourself.

ooiron manoo ooiron manoo It's not that. I need to get my knee checked out but gotta wait till my benefits kick in. I hit it some months so and it hasn't healed yet. Been trying to squat And leg press but the pain is unbearable.

Serious post here... not trying to sound condescending at all. I have really sharp pains in my left knee whenever I squat over 155 lbs??? I used to squat 225-275 with no knee pain at all. I'm only 24 years old, any suggestions?

Also: Never had any serious knee injuries to my knowledge

Last edited:
I never leave Deads and Squats but it's crazy how many bros at LA fitness I never see do either.
Completely true. My LA fitness was pretty packed a few days ago, but the squat rack was completely empty. I don't understand why so many dudes don't squat.

Last edited:

Serious post here... not trying to sound condescending at all. I have really sharp pains in my left knee whenever I squat over 155 lbs??? I used to squat 225-275 with no knee pain at all. I'm only 24 years old, any suggestions?
Sharp pain? See doctor.

Sharp pain? See doctor.
Sharp pain on left side of knee in left knee cap... almost crippling at times. Also hurts when I walk up steps/jump/box jumps etc... Anything that requires my legs bending + applied force.

Sharp pain? See doctor.
Sharp pain on left side of knee in left knee cap... almost crippling at times. Also hurts when I walk up steps/jump/box jumps etc... Anything that requires my legs bending + applied force.

Mines is in my right knee under the top of my knee cap. Hurts when I walk down stairs and when it's bent for a moderate period of time i.e. sitting down

Good Mornings

Your opinion is only valid if you actually have had an injured knee.

My boy had the same mentality, "man up", "its all mental" etc etc.

Dude messed up his knee and totally changed his views. Once you have an injury, after going through everyday life activities you kinda get a bit nervous to hurt it again for convenience's sake.

Back
Top Bottom