STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

HEY NT FITFAMB

IF I DONT GET DA CHANCE I WANTED TO WISH YALL A GOOD WEEK

IM GOING TO DA DOMINICAN REPUBLIC FOR A WEEK TOMORROW.

LOL QUICKBULK

SEE YALL IN A FEW

TRAIN HARD!

Your opinion is only valid if you actually have had an injured knee.

My boy had the same mentality, "man up", "its all mental" etc etc.

Dude messed up his knee and totally changed his views. Once you have an injury, after going through everyday life activities you kinda get a bit nervous to hurt it again for convenience's sake.

So you're saying it's a mental hurdle?

It isn't about "manning up", but it is mental. It's also an ego thing, start with air squats, then progress slowly as you build your strength. Do rehab work with bands and plyo boxes. Nothing extreme.

Him not wanting to re-injure the area is... mental.

Completely agree with wrapping the knees, I mainly use McDavid compression sleeves, keeps my knees warm. Big difference when pushing weight.

Last edited:
Heard tons of top powerlifters say knee wraps aren't for health or knee protective reasons and only for lifting more weight. If anything they say there's evidence that they contribute to knee injury. Knee wraps cause the knee joint to grind together, causing wear and tear that normally wouldn't happen if you weren't wearing em. Dan green recently said at his seminar out here he trains most of the year without knee wraps to keep his knees healthy and only wears them close to meets.

Knee sleeves on the other hand are the opposite and do help protect your knees by keeping them warm and lubricated.

Last edited:
Knee wraps as well as belts and any other piece of equipment used to assist the lift hurts you more than helps in the long run.  When lifting maximal loads then they can be helpful but shouldn't be a daily accessory imo. 

So you're saying it's a mental hurdle?

It isn't about "manning up", but it is mental. It's also an ego thing, start with air squats, then progress slowly as you build your strength. Do rehab work with bands and plyo boxes. Nothing extreme.

Him not wanting to re-injure the area is... mental.

Completely agree with wrapping the knees, I mainly use McDavid compression sleeves, keeps my knees warm. Big difference when pushing weight.
But you were also saying just do it and progress, while true its sketchy for some.

When you injure something, gym isnt the only thing affected. Getting around the house to use the bathroom is a pain in the ***. You're asking them (not you, but in general) to perform movements that may aggravate the injury, its ehhh for some people.

But hey end of the day youre right, you dont do anything and youre gonna be stuck at nothing.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Knee wraps as well as belts and any other piece of equipment used to assist the lift hurts you more than helps in the long run.  When lifting maximal loads then they can be helpful but shouldn't be a daily accessory imo. 
Heard tons of top powerlifters say knee wraps aren't for health or knee protective reasons and only for lifting more weight. If anything they say there's evidence that they contribute to knee injury. Knee wraps cause the knee joint to grind together, causing wear and tear that normally wouldn't happen if you weren't wearing em. Dan green recently said at his seminar out here he trains most of the year without knee wraps to keep his knees healthy and only wears them close to meets.
Knee sleeves on the other hand are the opposite and do help protect your knees by keeping them warm and lubricated.
Agree with both these, wraps should only be used for max efforts, heavy attempts and adding weight to your total. I couldn't imagine having to wrap my knees up as early of a weight as 225. I bet most people don't even wrap them properly. Its funny when people talk about wrapping them for leg press lol.

Like its been said, knee sleeves are the way to go, they will keep your knees warm throughout your entire workout and give you some pop if you get nice ones.

For belts I have some days when I go heavy and use one, then other days I purposely do it without to strengthen the core.

Last edited:
I just started this low carb program. I talked to some guy at my gym I see often. He Was looking lean!!!! I eat eggs for bfast...Greek yogurt for snack. Peanut butter with protein powder mixed in it with bread or celery if I have it. Ground Turkey and somesort of meat for dinner . Its pretty boring. Not gonna lie. Any tips on how to spice it up. I suck at cooking. And I also have 2 protein shakes a day

throw some of that onion soup mix along with eggs or whatever else (chopped spinach, mushrooms etc) in with the ground turkey and fry up the patties. while still in the pan, melt a slice of cheese in the patty. or sub mrs dash, parsley flakes, garlic etc if you're worried about sodium levels. garlic turkey burger patties are a winner.

I just started this low carb program. I talked to some guy at my gym I see often. He Was looking lean!!!! I eat eggs for bfast...Greek yogurt for snack. Peanut butter with protein powder mixed in it with bread or celery if I have it. Ground Turkey and somesort of meat for dinner . Its pretty boring. Not gonna lie. Any tips on how to spice it up. I suck at cooking. And I also have 2 protein shakes a day

I'm A low carb diet for like 2-3 weeks away from being crazy lean but i just cant do it. I need carbs or i feel like crap. Ill just wait till summer comes around

throw some of that onion soup mix along with eggs or whatever else (chopped spinach, mushrooms etc) in with the ground turkey and fry up the patties. while still in the pan, melt a slice of cheese in the patty. or sub mrs dash, parsley flakes, garlic etc if you're worried about sodium levels. garlic turkey burger patties are a winner.
thanks broski...i jsut broke down and ate a :nerd:z bag of pop chips....i have 2 cheat meals a week...hard not to when u got lil kids tho

So I was curious if I should be drinking protein everyday.

According to bodybuilding.com they said I should, preferably 2 a day.

I also know bb is known for their bro-science so I come to you NT because I trust you guys much more.

Whats say you? Protein only after work out or protein every day? Perhaps multiple times a day?

telling someone that they should drink 2 protein shakes a day without knowing their stats, goals, daily cals expended and daily cals ingested, is stupid. you supplement with protein powder to help meet your macros if it's needed. when i'm maintaining, i shoot for about 125g+ protein a day and let the rest fall where they may while trying to keep carbs portioned reasonably. if i haven't taken in much protein by dinner, i'll down a few scoops of protein.

Back
Top Bottom