STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

From Bodybuilding.com

Since we're on the topic of cardio machines...

I kid you not.

10 minutes on this will kick your ***.

10 minutes on this>10 minutes on an elliptical or a treadmill for damn sure

I would rather run 1000 meters than row 1000 meters

I usually do 5 sets of 2min and in between 10 squats and 10 push-ups. **** will have you drenched..

What is this hmm? Aware me bro
Just hmm at some things lol

Went to the little gym here at the resort this morning, spotted this massive Island dude....

He threw 315 on no warm up and hit it for 10 easy 
sick.gif

I did some light work: 255x5x5,  275x5 dropset to 225x10 to 135x15

Had me a nice little pump when I was done.

Last edited:
Serious question for y'all:

Who in here struggled/s with consistency? Like what was the final breaking point in saying enough is enough, I want to get in shape for life?

I'm struggling with that now. I lost hella weight last year. Was around 299, 300 from 336 mid last year. Fell off for a week which turned into a year. I'm convinced I've surpassed the original 336 and the common factor for me is consistency.

I wrestled in HS, I know how to eat clean, exercise (mostly with DDP Yoga) but I can't keep a steady regimen of both together. Any help would be appreciated as I'm tired of being out of shape.

In case anyone asks, my goals are:

-Drop 50-60 lbs or reaching a goal weight of 250-260 then gaining 15-25 lbs of muscle
-Increase cardiovascular fitness
-gain definition that doesn't include ******* and a tire

*If anyone is in LA, I'm also considering a 24 hr membership and it would be beneficial for me to work out with folks :pimp:

Thanks!

Watching big people in person warm up on weights I may never touch makes me sad.

Consistency was never a problem for me until lately. But I was humbled today by a few ppl. I'm going to get my sleep on and reset for tomorrow.

was out of town for the last two weeks.  Unbelievable how much strength I lost while lifting this morning.  ugh.

Run 1000 m instead of row 1000 m? Helll no. Id much rather row.

It may take a minute longer but thats a fair trade for me.

I do a 4x500 warm up once or twice a week. 1 minute rest in between. Got to beat the time if the first row or 10 burpee penalty. I hover in the 1:50-2:00 per 500m mark. Damper on 3.5. Roughly 43 s/m.

I hate running but id rather run. It's easier. Takes less effort.

Last edited:
Consistency has never been an issue for me when I started seriously working out/dieting 2 years ago. I honestly feel dirty for taking days off when I should be lifting.

Serious question for y'all:

Who in here struggled/s with consistency? Like what was the final breaking point in saying enough is enough, I want to get in shape for life?

I'm struggling with that now. I lost hella weight last year. Was around 299, 300 from 336 mid last year. Fell off for a week which turned into a year. I'm convinced I've surpassed the original 336 and the common factor for me is consistency.

I wrestled in HS, I know how to eat clean, exercise (mostly with DDP Yoga) but I can't keep a steady regimen of both together. Any help would be appreciated as I'm tired of being out of shape.

In case anyone asks, my goals are:

-Drop 50-60 lbs or reaching a goal weight of 250-260 then gaining 15-25 lbs of muscle
-Increase cardiovascular fitness
-gain definition that doesn't include ******* and a tire

*If anyone is in LA, I'm also considering a 24 hr membership and it would be beneficial for me to work out with folks :pimp:

Thanks!

My inflection point was seeing progress. I've always been skinny, so seeing the changes in my body was mind blowing. Made me want to keep going and see how far I can push myself.

I've caught my second wind as of late after hitting a plateau. The folks here posting their numbers humbled me a lot, and that helped push me push myself.

Working out consistently has never been a problem for me. Diet is another story. The carne asada fries and beer here in SD will be the death of me.

If you guys have 24 hour fitness, I'm curious to see what you guys' visitation chart looks like. Mine (ignore the beginning and end):

First 2 years with the Costco membership:
24hrfit-visits1404757946.png

Current after renewal with Costco membership:
24hrfit-visits-21404757945.png

Last edited:
Has anyone checked this out? It's a show called American muscle..premiers Wednesday on discovery. Looks awesome and motivating. Reality show about an ex football coach who has a gym and trains everyone from disability patients to pro athletes.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/american-muscle

It's just weird that none of them are in great shape

Back
Top Bottom