STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yall buying gallons of water/bottles of water in bulk every week? or filtered?

Just adding up how much I spend on water .. that could pay a bill

water aint that expensive. you can buy good filtered gallon of water for $1 each probably at kroger, theyt have some gallons on sale for cheaper but its basically tap water. my mom bought me some earlier this week, i almost puked :x

or you could buy 40 bottles of 16oz water at sams club for $3.90

So i've dropped roughly 30 pounds now since June with a healthy diet and consistent cardio.  But i've hit that plateau where I can't burn that last 10
Things I've done:
-Made Quest Nutrition product
-Eating nothing after 7pm (except on the weekends im guilty of this)
-Drinking a ton of water daily.

1. Not eating after 7 pm to lose weight is a myth. Your body and metabolism still needs fuel so add in a casein protein shake before bed or chicken breast and veggies. Im assuming you wake up close to 6-7 am
So youre going 12 hours with out eating which puts your body back in starve mode.

2. If you dont want to do fat burners maybe switch up those coffees with green tea.

Casein protein is the myth.

So i've dropped roughly 30 pounds now since June with a healthy diet and consistent cardio.  But i've hit that plateau where I can't burn that last 10
Things I've done:
-Made Quest Nutrition product
-Eating nothing after 7pm (except on the weekends im guilty of this)
-Drinking a ton of water daily.

1. Not eating after 7 pm to lose weight is a myth. Your body and metabolism still needs fuel so add in a casein protein shake before bed or chicken breast and veggies. Im assuming you wake up close to 6-7 am
So youre going 12 hours with out eating which puts your body back in starve mode.

2. If you dont want to do fat burners maybe switch up those coffees with green tea.

:lol: exactly

Quick question y'all. Currently I'm sitting at 6'0 178lbs and looking to get up to 185ish by late January early February for the Semi-Pro football season. I'm an older cat (33), and haven't played any contact in 6-8 years. Played receiver my entire life & now that I'm getting to that point where it's time to face reality, I'd like to get a year or 2 in at DB. According to IIFYM, if I take in 2,600 calories I should slowly put on the weight needed. I only eat fish, no pork, beef or poultry whatsoever. I could care less to have a bodybuilders body, I just want a six pack with some added muscle.

1. LOVE oatmeal, especially with Brown Sugar. Will 8-12 grams a day hurt? Can I do oats 3x per day for my carb source?
2. Is fish cool to eat everyday? I know the mercury levels of fish can be a problem. I usually limit myself to 3-5 pieces a week.
3. Should I take in more calories?
4. Other protein sources you'd recommend? I'm currently on fish, greek yogurt, ON powder, PB, milk.

Like I said, I'm not looking to be at 8% body fat or anything of that nature. Just looking to get a 6 pack, build some muscle while getting ready for the season.

A good selection of proteins these days have a bit of Casein in.

Casein is more for the slow and steady flow of Amino acids

Either way He needs to fuel himself still past 7 p.m.

Last edited:
1. LOVE oatmeal, especially with Brown Sugar. Will 8-12 grams a day hurt? Can I do oats 3x per day for my carb source?
2. Is fish cool to eat everyday? I know the mercury levels of fish can be a problem. I usually limit myself to 3-5 pieces a week.
3. Should I take in more calories?
4. Other protein sources you'd recommend? I'm currently on fish, greek yogurt, ON powder, PB, milk.

Like I said, I'm not looking to be at 8% body fat or anything of that nature. Just looking to get a 6 pack, build some muscle while getting ready for the season.
1. yes, sometimes i don't feel like eating rice/potatoes, so i eat oats
2. Yes
3. at your height and trying to gain plus you work out. You could afford more calories.
4. (why don't you eat the other animal sources if I may ask?)

Last edited:
For everyone asking nutrition questions:

1. Calculate your macros for your goal (iifym.com)
2. Download myfitnesspal
3. Eat what you want
4. Track macros (hit protein and fiber meticulously)
5. Profit

Don't need to complicate it saying you can't eat this or that, or not eating after 7 lol I get the majority of my macros at night

Last edited:
My only problem is that I tend to eat most of my daily calorie allowance in the morning. Around 8pm I start to feel it :lol:

I need to do a better job at spacing out my meals. Ive been getting a good 130-150g of protein a day.

My only problem is that I tend to eat most of my daily calorie allowance in the morning. Around 8pm I start to feel it :lol:

I need to do a better job at spacing out my meals. Ive been getting a good 130-150g of protein a day.

if all that protein is from an actual food source... :pimp: im proud brah

Been training calves hard everyday brahs

I think I'm starting to see some results :')

We're all gonna make it, brahs

On the days it's 150ish then it's cause I had a scoop of protein (Dymatize Iso-100).

The days it's 130-140 it's regular food + Quest bar if that counts. Chicken is the GOAT. Low calories plus high protein count. :D

Hang power clean 3 rep max of 200 lbs. Went for 220lbs, but that second drop into the third rep got me. I know if i can catch it right, i can get it. Gonna try it again next week. 

if all that protein is from an actual food source...
pimp.gif
im proud brah
What fake food sources are there? Please aware me.

A good selection of proteins these days have a bit of Casein in.

Casein is more for the slow and steady flow of Amino acids

Either way He needs to fuel himself still past 7 p.m.

The crazy thing is that the "casein is for slow and steady flow of amino acids" is pretty much only accepted in the bodybuilding community.

Other than that, its total nonsense and really has little to no merit in reality.

to quote alan aragon:
"In all seriousness, whey vs casein might only matter to those who consume protein while training (ie, ultra-endurance athletes). Whey is a lot lighter in the stomach, whereas casein can tend to sit there like a brick in some folks - and this isn't the greatest for endurance competition. Aside from that, both proteins have different absorption kinetics & different appearance curves of blood amino acid levels, but ultimately, they're very similar in their effect on net muscle protein balance:

"In conclusion, whey and casein intake immediately after resistance exercise results in an overall equal MPS response despite temporal differences in insulin and amino acid concentrations and 4E-BP1."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21045172

"Acute ingestion of both WH and CS after exercise resulted in similar increases in muscle protein net balance, resulting in net muscle protein synthesis despite different patterns of blood amino acid responses."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15570142

^That's the long way of saying, as long as you nail your total protein intake for the day, whey vs casein does not fcking matter unless you're an endurance athlete who chooses to include protein in the during-exercise drink."

I dont use it anymore, just wondered what the science was.

So are isolate wheys a waste of money? I really like the Dymatize Iso 100 (taste good, mixed well, low carbs/cholesterol/carbs, doesnt mess with my stomach) im using now. Looking at going back to Cellucor or tryingn MP.

Last edited:
What exercises have you been doing?

Calf-raises on a box, going all the way down and all the way up, pausing at each part of the movement and making sure there is no bouncing.

I usually do anywhere from 80-120 reps of those, usually over 4 sets

Then heavy seated calf raises or calf presses on the leg press

I try to get an extra 30-50 reps depending on how many of the bodyweight ones I did - I usually do that in sets of 8-10 reps.

The crazy thing is that the "casein is for slow and steady flow of amino acids" is pretty much only accepted in the bodybuilding community.

Other than that, its total nonsense and really has little to no merit in reality.

sigh*** I really don't get why you guys make such a big deal about things.
Moral of the story "as you still quoted from me" is that it's ok to eat after 7p.m. no matter what the protein source is.

If you don't agree with me that he can have some protein source after 7, that's fine, but why hang up on the fact that I mentioned Casein??
It's not like Casein cost any more than regular protein.

intake another protein that you already have after 7,
Chicken, fish, beef, whatever.

What fake food sources are there? Please aware me.

protein shakes/bars

its ok to maybe take a shake post workout but some dudes are eating 1-2 bar and 3 shakes a day

which is what ive been preaching since forever, get protein from REAL food but a plastic tub

protein shakes/bars

its ok to maybe take a shake post workout but some dudes are eating 1-2 bar and 3 shakes a day

which is what ive been preaching since forever, get protein from REAL food but a plastic tub

bars I can understand, but nothing wrong with powders

protein shakes/bars

bars I can understand, but nothing wrong with powders

powder is fine if you are having 1 shake.

dudes OD and get all their protein from a tub instead of real food these days, thats just stupid IMO

Back
Top Bottom