STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone use elbow sleeves? Are they a good investment? My right elbow has been popping when I go heavy on bench press (happens at the bottom of the movement). Doesn't happen when I use dumbbells, but I'd prefer to go back to using the barbell.

Anyone use elbow sleeves? Are they a good investment? My right elbow has been popping when I go heavy on bench press (happens at the bottom of the movement). Doesn't happen when I use dumbbells, but I'd prefer to go back to using the barbell.
I use the SBD elbow sleeves and they do great. I could have ordered a smaller size but I wanted them to go on and off easy. They are hot though so that takes some time to get used to.

Some people like Mark Bells slingshot cuffs but Im not sold on the quality of his stuff though.

Can anyone recommend any good dieting books for strength training? I've read the Carb Nite Solution and its a great book, but it's more for cutting then for increasing strength. I learned some good stuff about carbs and I dropped my body fat down to 9% from 17. I like the way I look, but I'm also doing 5/3/1 and I've noticed that I'm not getting stronger(getting weaker actually) and its probably because of my diet. I've decided that I would rather get stronger then look cut so I'm gonna stop doing the carb nite and look into a more appropriate diet for strength training.

I use the SBD elbow sleeves and they do great. I could have ordered a smaller size but I wanted them to go on and off easy. They are hot though so that takes some time to get used to.

Some people like Mark Bells slingshot cuffs but Im not sold on the quality of his stuff though.
Thanks, I'll check out the SBDs. What size did you go with? (although I'm sure your arm is bigger than mine :lol:)

Thanks, I'll check out the SBDs. What size did you go with? (although I'm sure your arm is bigger than mine
laugh.gif
)
lol I went with XL I believe, I didn't want them too tight because they might give some "pop" when you start to press and they aren't allowed in competition.

Do you wear your belt during push movements ?
Yep, I look like I'm going to war
laugh.gif
  belt, wraps, sleeves **** it I can lift it without it but my joints hate me then.

It also gives me something to push my stomach against and help me stay tight.

Last edited:
Man losing weight again after you've regained almost all of it is a lot harder the second time around. Shouldn't have let myself go but I'm gonna get back to where I was just gotta focus and get the damn job done! Done it before so I know I can avajn.

Not really, this is my second time around, got to the point I was last year sooner. Second time around you know what to do and how to do it. Feels so much easier, already 10lbs under my previous weight.

Just lazy bruh

Last edited:
So what's the consensus in here on lifting belts? I've been considering getting a belt for a while, but I don't wanna drop the cash if it's not worth it.

A belt to a serious lifter is like his best friend.

Havent been using one lately even though I should. Havent squatted in a while and my lower back has been bothering me.

Can anyone recommend any good dieting books for strength training? I've read the Carb Nite Solution and its a great book, but it's more for cutting then for increasing strength. I learned some good stuff about carbs and I dropped my body fat down to 9% from 17. I like the way I look, but I'm also doing 5/3/1 and I've noticed that I'm not getting stronger(getting weaker actually) and its probably because of my diet. I've decided that I would rather get stronger then look cut so I'm gonna stop doing the carb nite and look into a more appropriate diet for strength training.

No Cheats Needed Amazon product ASIN 0990834409
I love this book so much tasty dishes and it lists the macros. Go check his channel out FITMENCOOK

I have used a belt all of twice in the past year or so. I'm sure it doesn't hurt, but I just feel better without it now.

Back
Top Bottom