STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

thank you...its kinda depressing knowing you have to watch it now for the rest of your life...

like i mentioned, I got two herniated discs and its caused spinal stenonsis...

were you told that you had any sort of condition? doc said its probably its degenerate disc disease which is contributing to it all...

thank you...its kinda depressing knowing you have to watch it now for the rest of your life...

like i mentioned, I got two herniated discs and its caused spinal stenonsis...

were you told that you had any sort of condition? doc said its probably its degenerate disc disease which is contributing to it all...

You should watch this (it's only 13 mins long) and it could open up a new world of thinking about lower back pain. It has helped me a lot regarding the mental side of how to handle pain, exercise, flexibility, etc. It's well worth the watch.

I've been trying to work around this lower back soreness for a while. I still hit squat PR's, but I think today was the message that I need to take at least all of next week off. Fuuuuuuu. I deadlifted 430 last week on an empty stomach and limited sleep, yet I struggled a bit even unracking 225 to warm-up today.

You should watch this (it's only 13 mins long) and it could open up a new world of thinking about lower back pain. It has helped me a lot regarding the mental side of how to handle pain, exercise, flexibility, etc. It's well worth the watch.

#GypsyMagic

He's got some valid points though. The mind is a powerful thing.

A lot of people though don't realize that their lower back pain comes from tight hips and/or hamstrings.

An inury/pain/soreness to X is often because of something happening/not happening with Y.

Though I love that video/and what they say/TMS cure thought process/ I think it is a little oversimplified. I believe more of a what he says (Dr. John Sarno) + keeping your body active in natural ways.

I practice/revolve my physical well being life around the critical four human positions:

1. Stand
2. Walk/Run
3. Sleep
4. Sit

It amazes me that the world has evolved to where we sit wrong. It is a basic fundamental human rest position. Our bodies were designed to sit in the full squat. If you can't sit in a full squat comfortably there is something wrong with your body somewhere (some sort of imbalance/tightness) regardless of your overall athletic ability or ability to bench 300+.

I don't preach this to others because no one really takes advice that well when it comes to working out/eating/etc/people make their own unshakeable beliefs, but those are mine. It has worked for me and that is the best evidence I can give myself.

Last edited:
Man "dealing" with lower back pain and all others is relatively easy while we are younger, but when you get older the story won't be the same. Take care of yourself now or you'll defiantly pay for it later. Feeling like you're the man for 3-5 years isn't worth the beating you put on yourself especially if you aren't even getting payed for it in some way. If you're hurt, WAIT, heal up, take your time, stop doing what you're doing :lol:

Just my advice.

Last edited:
Was reading that 50 page sample for Supple Leopard.

In it, myofascial release, or foam rolling, is called Smash and Floss (trademark pending). Def sounds like a gym dude trying to find the words to articulate movements. It's a fun read from the looks of it, just based off some of the silliness.

But the pictures look so saccharine and kinda boring. Maybe needed a dude with some visual charisma. Like the Rock.

Anyway, preordered the book need something to read post-college. Haven't turned too many pages in 4 years.

Print it at the library....(DJM It's been done)

I need to switch up my routine. tried OHP for the first time Thursday. liked it

but i need to get more shoulders and chest in..

anyone got a new plan to share. ?
(not big lifts)
was thinking of doing the Kris Gethin one again.

With all this chatter in this thread I wonder who has time to actually lift.

Stop arguing and crying like betas.

Go lift something.

Two pretty general questions.

1. Was doing Seated Overhead Presses today and started feeling a sharp, pinching type pain in my left elbow on the way down. Basically anytime I brought the bar down near my chest. Any thoughts on what it could be? Felt no pain at all when I pushed or on the way up - felt perfect while benching and doing dips too. I was going pretty light too so it's not like I was over exerting myself.

2. Been training with a beginner - teaching him everything I know. The only thing that worries me is squat technique. Right now he's okay - def not good form wise yet - but passable. One of the issues I'm having is that we have completely different body types. I'm like 5'7 175 all muscle baby (nah jk). He's like 6'2 160 with that KD body type. Lanky as hell - long arms and legs. Is there anything I should specifically be watching for with squats + that body type? Any advice on what to tell beginners?

Right now I'm focused on getting him to go lower, stay balanced, not round his back out and keeping his chest up. Any other leg workouts I can do to improve his flexibility or help his squat increase?

Workout gurus.. need some insights. I have a co-worker who is asking me for tips on how to lose weight, but I dont workout regularly.. so no idea.  Her case is an odd one though, as shes a thicker girl(think Mindy Kaling build); she worksout and runs daily, and eats nothing but vegetarian everything(shes not a vegetarian, just very few meats).

Yet, she can never drop much weight. Is there just no hope for some girls? Ive seen pics of her sister, who also shares a similar build, and so obviously the genetics play a factor as well.  But, I also think she may be working out wrong? Because as much as she is in the gym.. i'm assuming things she be alot tighter, than they appear to be. 

tell her to try out the ketogenic diet. it Forces your body to adapt to burning fat for energy. it worked for me and my sister who struggles to lose weight.

Workout gurus.. need some insights. I have a co-worker who is asking me for tips on how to lose weight, but I dont workout regularly.. so no idea.  Her case is an odd one though, as shes a thicker girl(think
Mindy Kaling​
build); she worksout and runs daily, and eats nothing but vegetarian everything(shes not a vegetarian, just very few meats).

Yet, she can never drop much weight. Is there just no hope for some girls? Ive seen pics of her sister, who also shares a similar build, and so obviously the genetics play a factor as well.  But, I also think she may be working out wrong? Because as much as she is in the gym.. i'm assuming things she be alot tighter, than they appear to be. 

She's probably eating more than she thinks and going soft at the gym. Being Vegeterian doesn't really mean much. If anything, I'd be concerned about her not getting enough protein - but I doubt she's just crushing healthy stuff all day. If she was burning more calories than she consumed, she'd be losing weight.

Also a lot of girls go to the gym and don't want to 'get too big by lifting weights'. Hit the elliptical, do 40 minutes of low intensity cardio which burns like 180 calories and come out feeling accomplished.

This isn't an odd case at all btw.

l(think
Mindy Kaling​
build);

I love Mindy's body, just hate her...

it's more than likely lack fo protein. women need to realize Muscle burns fat 24 hours a day.
tell her pick up some weights add protein to that diet.

Vegetarian-esque diets never really have as much protein as people tend to think. Bean, lentils, veggie, protein just isn't the same as animal protein (including milk/whey)

Back
Top Bottom