STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Workout gurus.. need some insights. I have a co-worker who is asking me for tips on how to lose weight, but I dont workout regularly.. so no idea.  Her case is an odd one though, as shes a thicker girl(think
Mindy Kaling​
build); she worksout and runs daily, and eats nothing but vegetarian everything(shes not a vegetarian, just very few meats).

Yet, she can never drop much weight. Is there just no hope for some girls? Ive seen pics of her sister, who also shares a similar build, and so obviously the genetics play a factor as well.  But, I also think she may be working out wrong? Because as much as she is in the gym.. i'm assuming things she be alot tighter, than they appear to be. 

She's probably eating more than she thinks and going soft at the gym. Being Vegeterian doesn't really mean much. If anything, I'd be concerned about her not getting enough protein - but I doubt she's just crushing healthy stuff all day. If she was burning more calories than she consumed, she'd be losing weight.

Also a lot of girls go to the gym and don't want to 'get too big by lifting weights'. Hit the elliptical, do 40 minutes of low intensity cardio which burns like 180 calories and come out feeling accomplished.

This isn't an odd case at all btw.

Good advice here.

I hate people that say stuff like this some times though. I work out and eat right but can't lose weight. That can't be the case. Calories in vs Calories out. Right up there with the "you can eat whatever you want and not gain weight" nope, im in the gym 4 times a week and on my off days im playing soccer.

I remember when me and my ex first started dating prob around month 3 her mom asked her if she had been working out but in reality she had just been doing high intensity training 2 or so times a day :lol:

I need to put on 15-20 lbs. I need help.

What weight gain products you guys using now?

I need to start cooking my lean meats too.

Guys who aren't chefs, what you making yourselves to eat?

I just want to get this muscle mass going. I'm slim and have the physical stature to look great. Broad shoulders and flat chest...

Need to cut up and bulk up.

Also, has anyone experienced more rapid hair loss with more exercise?

My hair is thinning but I don't want to accelerate it with my testosterone pumping more and more. Advice would be great guys.

I need to put on 15-20 lbs. I need help.

What weight gain products you guys using now?

I need to start cooking my lean meats too.

Guys who aren't chefs, what you making yourselves to eat?
No need for weight gain products, you're better off spending that money on food. Eat more to gain weight. And you answered your own question, start cooking meats. A lot of them. Meat rice beans vegs potatoes are all easy to cook. Almonds peanut butter yogurt cottage cheese milk and eggs too.

Last edited:
What do you guys do to work your forearms/grip? Went bouldering on Saturday and I still feel it in my forearms. My grip's pathetic. I have a Captains of Crush 1.5, but I still can't close it with the left. I've been thinking about buying a lower level, but just don't wanna shell out money lol

What do you guys do to work your forearms/grip? Went bouldering on Saturday and I still feel it in my forearms. My grip's pathetic. I have a Captains of Crush 1.5, but I still can't close it with the left. I've been thinking about buying a lower level, but just don't wanna shell out money lol
I use fat grips on almost all pressing movements and curls.

I also do one arm deadlifts and plate flips.

Early morning workouts are so refreshing it's the perfect way to get the day started! Once I get the grogginess out of my system I'm ready for battle! Haha

Deadlift without gloves at a weight you can do 7 to 10 reps without a mixed grip. Worked for me.

Deadlift without gloves at a weight you can do 7 to 10 reps without a mixed grip. Worked for me.

When I was in highschool lifting for football. I didn't even know mixed grip existed lmao. Our strength coach made us double overhand it. One day somebody came back with it errybodys Max instantly went up by 50+ pounds [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]. Ish was amazing at the time. Soon after coach dreaded all and made us continue using the double overhand.

When I was in highschool lifting for football. I didn't even know mixed grip existed lmao. Our strength coach made us double overhand it. One day somebody came back with it errybodys Max instantly went up by 50+ pounds [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]. Ish was amazing at the time. Soon after coach dreaded all and made us continue using the double overhand.

:lol: for me it was the opposite. I thought mix grip was how to do it. I plateaued on my deadlifts at 315 for like 2 months and the old man who has been lifting for 30 years(there is one in every gym) came up to me and lectured me for 30 mins on the benefits. I could barely do 5 reps of 225 with the double overhand. I felt so weak afterwards. after a couple of weeks my grip was way stronger tho. :pimp:

i've always done double overhand, I just started using mixed grip but it still doesn't feel right.

Double over hand >>>>>>>.

I typically use that for my warm up sets till I can't carry the weight and switch to reverse for working sets. It builds your forearms a LOT more than reverse. Get the best of both worlds

Last edited:
NT it's time for me to step it up. Im shooting for 2 weeks.
I'm in decent shape already but I want to cut down on this stomach.

I want a lean midsection (not there yet) and a big upper body (already there)

I need to change my diet so I can cut fats and carbs (those are bad right?) but still put on additional muscle on my body.

Any diet tips? What foods should I stick to?

*i know 2 weeks isn't ****, but I know Ill be able to see SOME results*

Right now I have creatine, 100% whey, and some caffeine filled pre-workout called stimul8

NT it's time for me to step it up. Im shooting for 2 weeks.
I'm in decent shape already but I want to cut down on this stomach.

I want a lean midsection (not there yet) and a big upper body (already there)

I need to change my diet so I can cut fats and carbs (those are bad right?) but still put on additional muscle on my body.

Any diet tips? What foods should I stick to?

*i know 2 weeks isn't ****, but I know Ill be able to see SOME results*

Right now I have creatine, 100% whey, and some caffeine filled pre-workout called stimul8

If I was you I'd do what I'm doing right now which is carb cycle. I've been losing weight steadily and not just water weight. Just cut out most carbs for three to five days than have a refeed day.

DOH and mixed grip build your forearms pretty much the same. It's not like mixed grip defies the laws of physics.

Back
Top Bottom