STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Do you guys count your macros or just eat bro food (chicken, brown rice, ground turkey and veggies)?

It really depends on your body type.
a little of what you're trying to achieve.

you dudes who always say just eat, bodies are different (which is said in here ALL the time, but never in relation to food)

There are foods that people react differently to.

Do you guys count your macros or just eat bro food (chicken, brown rice, ground turkey and veggies)?
Just eat

What are your goals? When bulking i just eat all day everyday bro food (as you call it). 5 meals a day with a shake or 2 thrown in there. I really don't count when bulking just try to eat. When cutting i tend to count calories and just try to eat clean.

When bulking i just eat all day everyday bro food (as you call it). 5 meals a day with a shake or 2 thrown in there. I really don't count when bulking just try to eat. When cutting i tend to count calories and just try to eat clean.
Dead on for everyone asking. This is about as complicated as it needs to be unless you're shooting for sub 10% body fat or prepping for a show or something of that nature.

No they dont.

One relies solely on grip strength and the other one doesnt.
I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that if you take a similar intensity and load with either your forearms will get about the same amount of work. E.g. If you can DOH 315x1 and mixed grip 405x1, that's roughly the same in terms of what it does for your grip/forearms. The difference being 405x1 is also more of a load on your back and posterior chain.

In my opinion you should just doh until you can't, then used mix grip. I've seen people say don't use mix grip because you'll get a weaker grip and that's just categorically false. 

Yeah i agree that DOH should be done until its the limiting factor in the lift.

I personally wouldnt get into the habit of continually doing a mixed grip. If you start lifting a weight your hands cant handle the next thing you know your shoulders are in a bad position and there goes your back. Thats just me though.

I say this everytime grip comes up as a discussion..... Just hang from a bar. Its as simple as that. It provides the most benefits with the least amount of work.

You're not making BYU look good. Just stop.

laugh.gif
sorry how much did you deadlift again?

I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that if you take a similar intensity and load with either your forearms will get about the same amount of work. E.g. If you can DOH 315x1 and mixed grip 405x1, that's roughly the same in terms of what it does for your grip/forearms. The difference being 405x1 is also more of a load on your back and posterior chain.

In my opinion you should just doh until you can't, then used mix grip. I've seen people say don't use mix grip because you'll get a weaker grip and that's just categorically false. 

I'm not really sure what you're saying in paragraph 1, but I agree with paragraph 2

besides putting on this little bit of fat and dropping back down to my natural weight it's like it never even happened. However I felt some pressure at 405 and had to drop it.

Blitzed at the gym and hit a 585 squat 335 bench and 545 deadlift within 40 minutes of eachother. Really ashamed of the bench and deadlift- relative to what they should be.

Should be better- I've been stuck around 600 for a long time because of inconsistent training- holidays, summer breaks, field camps, etc. 

crazy numbers .. what's your height and weight? how relative it is to your lifting weight.

That is a lot of weight to carry around bro everybody is going to do what they're going to do but I hope your mentality changes a bit towards that aspect. I wish you the best regardless

...how do you know what my mentality towards my weight is?

Back
Top Bottom