STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm supposed to stick to a schedule of weightlifting wed Fri and Sunday and some crossfit in between..

But all the drinking I did last night might make it a bit hard..

Not exactly hung over but don't feel ready to work out lol

Last edited:
I'm actually just looking to maintain. I started at 177 and I'm somewhere around 188-189 looking to reach 190. I'm training more so for Basketball than aesthetics. I'm 6 foot looking to play more of a guard role so I wasn't sure how big I wanted to get even though you got dudes like Eric Bledsoe running the point at 6'1" 195 with a ton of muscle on him. I just want to see where I can get with 190 and if need be go up from there. Once I crack that 190 I'm just gonna clean up some of the junk I've been using as filler and eat leaner like I was prior. I'll miss the muffins. :wow:

Whole process was stressful because I was the fat kid from like 4th grade till my senior year so I have that constant fear of ballooning back to the "blubber nugget" I used to be...according to one kid. :lol:  
Oh gotcha is this for college ball or just a league or just for fun? I used to hoop(retired now haha) I never wanted to get big tho just wanted to add muscle and jump higher be more athletic and faster. what's your workout routine right now?

I'm supposed to stick to a schedule of weightlifting wed Fri and Sunday and some crossfit in between..

Gotta sweat out all the alcohol man lol

Man I got hammered last Saturday (picked up a chick too, so hammered I didnt even think about smashing AND we were in her hotel room :lol:) I missed out on my shoulder/leg day on Sunday. Literally spent the whole day recovering, still kinda feel it and its Friday. :lol:

Oh gotcha is this for college ball or just a league or just for fun? I used to hoop(retired now haha) I never wanted to get big tho just wanted to add muscle and jump higher be more athletic and faster. what's your workout routine right now?
Just fun. My ultimate hoop dream is to win a rec league title, preferably with some friends. I just really enjoy the sport, love playing and wanna get better. Finishing up a program called Position of Power that runs four days week:

Day 1: Chest/Triceps/core

Day 2: Biceps/Back/Core

Day 3: Shoulders/Plyometrics

Day 4: Legs/Core

And then this last week is all kinds of crazy mixes. After this I'm starting Jump Manual. Guaranteed 10" vertical increase or your money back. I feel like I could have made bigger gains over the last 10 weeks if I was hitting heavier lifts, but that's not the goal of the program. Lots of bands, medicine balls, repeated exercises...last leg day had EIGHT different lunge variations. If I have to do one more damn lunge...
mad.gif

But I've been tracking everything and I've seen great improvements in my body and my numbers. Bench went up 40lbs, squats went up like 65lbs.

I can do triangle push ups now. 

Man I got hammered last Saturday (picked up a chick too, so hammered I didnt even think about smashing AND we were in her hotel room :lol:) I missed out on my shoulder/leg day on Sunday. Literally spent the whole day recovering, still kinda feel it and its Friday. :lol:
damn almost a whole week tho lol did she drug you haha. Did you smash tho? If you did then it's ok that you missed a workout you can always make those up haha

I've woken up drunk, gone to work, and lifted on my lunch break while still drunk. Luckily it was only chest day, doubt I could pull off back or leg day in that state.

Why doesn't it make sense?
Because youre putting on weight, and to be honest about it its highly unlikely its actual muscle, with the end goal of dropping weight once youve put on weight.

If you need to add weight for a reason, bulk up. If its for the purposes of adding muscle mass youre wasting your time. Its not healthy or productive from a physical standpoint.

Its a bodybuilding term thats made its way i to the mainstream and the vast majority of people have no need to do it. Its an excuse to eat **** food for a little bit. If thats the reason thats fine, but it serves no purpose from a muscle building perspective.

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Because youre putting on weight, and to be honest about it its highly unlikely its actual muscle, with the end goal of dropping weight once youve put on weight.

If you need to add weight for a reason, bulk up. If its for the purposes of adding muscle mass youre wasting your time. Its not healthy or productive from a physical standpoint.

Its a bodybuilding term thats made its way i to the mainstream and the vast majority of people have no need to do it. Its an excuse to eat **** food for a little bit. If thats the reason thats fine, but it serves no purpose from a muscle building perspective.

So how do I put on muscle? Just eat enough protein and keep pushin these heavy *** weights?

Last edited:
So how do I put on muscle? Just eat enough protein and keep pushin these heavy *** weights?

was going to ask the same thing ^^

Druden your statement made it seem like the people who are "Bulking and Cutting" aren't doing it for the very reason to.............Bulk and gain and then cut and trim.

A lot of people aren't doing shows but we want the same results

It's like saying why go out and shoot basketball if you're not going to play for the NBA

(this is at least how I interpreted your words)

Yeah. Do it frequently and consistently. Bulking for a few weeks/months isnt going to build an amount of noteworthy muscle.

I think Durden is coming from more of the athletic performance and general health perspective then body building and power lifting.

Back
Top Bottom