STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I used to IF couple years back(on my last cut). I actually loved it! Didn't have to worry about eating all the time. And I feel better throughout the day not as hungry. 
I can't do it man....
were you still taking in 400 grams of carbs

ive been doing this for half a year now . my eating hours are from  12pm to 8 pm though.

I thought the purpose of IF was to only have like 4-6 hours

I can't do it man....
were you still taking in 400 grams of carbs
I thought the purpose of IF was to only have like 4-6 hours
thought it was a 16 hour fast then 8 hour window of eating.guess ive been doing it wrong. 

Last edited:
Really tried working the bar down on my back last night while squatting. I feel like i have always done high bar or slightly lower then high but never actually a low bar squat. I don't know what it feels like but people just say oh find your shelf under your traps.

So question for you guys how low is low? I was playing yesterday and at one point was holding the bar up basically with my wings if you can imagine having your arms pinned back and elbows under the bar. I am not sure how anyone would do it with a lot of weight since i thought i was going to rip my thumbs off my hands with how they were torqued.

But any advice?

Really tried working the bar down on my back last night while squatting. I feel like i have always done high bar or slightly lower then high but never actually a low bar squat. I don't know what it feels like but people just say oh find your shelf under your traps.

So question for you guys how low is low? I was playing yesterday and at one point was holding the bar up basically with my wings if you can imagine having your arms pinned back and elbows under the bar. I am not sure how anyone would do it with a lot of weight since i thought i was going to rip my thumbs off my hands with how they were torqued.

But any advice?
Squeeze your shoulders blades together, activate your lats by ripping the bar apart, and then slide the bar down your traps until it falls on the shelf created by your rear delts. Pull the bar down on your back and point your elbows the the ground. It might take a while to find the "sweet spot", just keep squatting and you'll find it.

For the thumb/wrist advice. Use a "thumbless" grip. This will make sure your wrist is not caught under the bar.

Last edited:

But any advice?
Squeeze your shoulders blades together, activate your lats by ripping the bar apart, and then slide the bar down your traps until it falls on the shelf created by your rear delts. Pull the bar down on your back and point your elbows the the ground. It might take a while to find the "sweet spot", just keep squatting and you'll find it.
For the thumb/wrist advice. Use a "thumbless" grip. This will make sure your wrist is not caught under the bar.

repped.

I just need to find the right spot i am just not sure how low one can get. At no point did it feel comfortable for the bar to be that low. I felt like it was going to fall off my back :lol: but i normally bottom out on my squats more if that makes sense. But when i lowered the bar on my back it seemed to keep my squats a little lower then parallel as opposed to ATG like i would normally do.

Despite the bar feeling uncomfortable on my back my actual reps felt good.

repped.

I just need to find the right spot i am just not sure how low one can get. At no point did it feel comfortable for the bar to be that low. I felt like it was going to fall off my back
laugh.gif
but i normally bottom out on my squats more if that makes sense. But when i lowered the bar on my back it seemed to keep my squats a little lower then parallel as opposed to ATG like i would normally do.

Just stick to high bar squats then lol Plus its safer for your low back why the change bro?

I tried low bar squat first on the smith machine to get comfortable, then in the rack.

I dont like them. and doesn't hit anything more significantly than high bar so I don't bother

repped.

I just need to find the right spot i am just not sure how low one can get. At no point did it feel comfortable for the bar to be that low. I felt like it was going to fall off my back :lol: but i normally bottom out on my squats more if that makes sense. But when i lowered the bar on my back it seemed to keep my squats a little lower then parallel as opposed to ATG like i would normally do.

Just stick to high bar squats then lol Plus its safer for your low back why the change bro?

Only changing to see if i can move more weight. And just for a change. Started playing around with sumo deads too just for fun. Been watching too many power lifting IGers my size squatting 500+lbs and i can't even get to 405

Only changing to see if i can move more weight. And just for a change. Started playing around with sumo deads too just for fun. Been watching too many power lifting IGers my size squatting 500+lbs and i can't even get to 405
You should be able to move more weight, that's the general point of low bar. It uses bigger muscles than high bar, as long as you aren't a dive bomb type squatter you will move more weight once you get the bar placement down.

If you don't train for strength you wont get stronger.

i like sumos.

I have legs tonight. going to do a ton of squats and deads. can't wait.
I just hired a coach and he is doing a high volume phase right now during my offseason and he kicked my *** last night.

It went like this:

Squats 5x10 - beltless

SLD 3x10

Leg press 5x15

Ham curl 5x15

Leg ext 10x15

Man it was brutal
laugh.gif

Here he is totaling 2100

Last edited:
i gotta remember to do some sld's tonight. i love them from a deficit position.

i want to do more front squats, i just cant find a position that makes it comfortable for heavy weight. Don't have the flexbility for the front delt/finger tip way and the crossed arms, anything over 45s kills my arms. i love the movement though. with a narrow stance it works the outer sweep so well.

i gotta remember to do some sld's tonight. i love them from a deficit position.

i want to do more front squats, i just cant find a position that makes it comfortable for heavy weight. Don't have the flexbility for the front delt/finger tip way and the crossed arms, anything over 45s kills my arms. i love the movement though. with a narrow stance it works the outer sweep so well.

Use some straps for front squats

50 ring pullups
50 regular pushups
50 hanging rows
1000 skips on the jump rope
50 air squats
50 box jumps
50 hanging knee tucks
50 situs

#jailHouse

Back
Top Bottom