STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

REMEMBER, it is those days that you don't feel like getting your workout in or u feel like cheating on your diet and you DON'T. Those are the days that will matter and make you better for sticking to it. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Slow and steady is the best way.

If you want something you've never had before, you have to be willing to do what you've never done before. 

I used to drink only water but now it's always something diet but flavored, ej. crystal light, diet pepsi, etc. I will try drinking just water from now on, just for experimentation's sake.

I think the answer is always:

Everything in moderation
I disagree because there isn't a definition of what moderation is.

Moderation for me might be 1 soda per month.

Moderation for you might be 3 per week.

" IN Moderation" never accomplishes anything because nobody knows what that even means

Man why is it so hard to cook brown rice..?

My ex girl used to make it with chicken broth..

Every time I try its a fail.. Rice still be hard and ish 
mean.gif

I know one of you guys got that brown rice recipe 
nerd.gif
"Sautee" the rice in a deep pan. Use a little oil or butter.

Stir constantly. You want to cook out the starch

Add whatever liquid you will use. (I use a 2.5 / 1 ratio) (Liquid/RIce)

Cover / Season, turn fire down LOW. 

Let it cook. DO NOT STIR.

As the last bits of water is still in the pan, take top off.

I disagree because there isn't a definition of what moderation is.

Moderation for me might be 1 soda per month.

Moderation for you might be 3 per week.

" IN Moderation" never accomplishes anything because nobody knows what that even means
Hmm. You do have a point. But everyone's different, therefore, specifying a "Don't drink more/less than X amount" is also inaccurate

My bench press pisses me off. I pull my shoulders back and bring the bar down in  45 degrees but feel most of it in my shoulders 
mean.gif
mad.gif

People want to bash diet drinks but turn around and smoke and drink on the weekends lol. ****

Comparing drinking a 2 liter of diet soda everyday to drinking on weekends? Lmao man bye

And please I hope you mean smoking cigs and not weed lmao

When regarding to food or beverages, moderation can mean sparingly/once in a while.

Every person has to gauge the amount of food or drinks that will leave him/her satisfied, and also try not to go overboard. In moderation is a way to treat yourself to make you happy and sane. Being overly restricting can lead to worse health problems

Hmm. You do have a point. But everyone's different, therefore, specifying a "Don't drink more/less than X amount" is also inaccurate
Nah, what I am saying is this.

If your DR tells you, "Allen, you have to keep your soda intake down. Keep it in moderation. Don't overdo it."

How much soda are you allowed to drink?

Nah, what I am saying is this.

If your DR tells you, "Allen, you have to keep your soda intake down. Keep it in moderation. Don't overdo it."

How much soda are you allowed to drink?
Most people have common sense. If Allen drinks a 2 liter of Coke a day and the DR says that, then common sense tells you you need to space that out. Instead of a 2 liter a day have a can a day until you can get yourself to one a week...month...year...etc.

Problem is, most people lie to themselves and they ACCEPT the lies and rationalizations and allow their bad habits to consume them. If you put a gun to Allen's head and ask him what he should do when given that advice, I bet you he gets the right answer.

Rogue doesn't make that, probably sells it but that's Pit Shark.

Love belt squats for ppl who "don't squat" lol
Yeah that's where the owner said he got it from...

And I know right lol I know some chicks that workout here that solely do this and the hammer strength hack squat machine. Both are nice accessory machines tho

Most people have common sense. If Allen drinks a 2 liter of Coke a day and the DR says that, then common sense tells you you need to space that out. Instead of a 2 liter a day have a can a day until you can get yourself to one a week...month...year...etc.

Problem is, most people lie to themselves and they ACCEPT the lies and rationalizations and allow their bad habits to consume them. If you put a gun to Allen's head and ask him what he should do when given that advice, I bet you he gets the right answer.
By you saying, "Common Sense" tells me that you are missing my point.

We can drop it.

Because I still think the can a day is still ALOT and not moderation.

But yea we can drop it because it is just proving my point that moderation has no definition

Man why is it so hard to cook brown rice..?

My ex girl used to make it with chicken broth..

Every time I try its a fail.. Rice still be hard and ish 
mean.gif

I know one of you guys got that brown rice recipe 
nerd.gif
"Sautee" the rice in a deep pan. Use a little oil or butter.

Stir constantly. You want to cook out the starch

Add whatever liquid you will use. (I use a 2.5 / 1 ratio) (Liquid/RIce)

Cover / Season, turn fire down LOW. 

Let it cook. DO NOT STIR.

As the last bits of water is still in the pan, take top off.
+1

Back
Top Bottom