STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Can anyone point me in the direction of some wrist straps for pulling exercises namely deadlift and rackpulls 

What can I do to get my lats stronger with dumbbell or barbell..... Can't do pull ups good and need to get the lats stronger

God dam auto correct

Last edited:
What can I do to get my last stronger with dumbbell or barbell..... Can't do pull ups good and need to get the late stronger
Lat pull downs with multiple grips and bars ie normal shoulder width, close underhand grip 

You can also never go wrong with heavy rowing motions 

Bad guy routines*

What can I do to get my lats stronger with dumbbell or barbell..... Can't do pull ups good and need to get the lats stronger

God dam auto correct

Not to be a smartass but the best way to get good at pullups is just doing more pullups. Set a rep goal and get to that goal no matter how many sets, doesnt matter if you aim for 20 and you do 2 at a time.

If its that hard do negatives or whatever its called, jump up and lower yourself down very slowly. Then hit the pulldown machine and really tear yourself down.

Last edited:
I can confirm/agree with above statement. 7 years ago i couldn't even do a pull up. Alot of begatives and practice. Perfect military pull ups i can now do about 10-15 before they get sloppy. I dont do them often but hes right. If you can do a straight bar pull down on a machine of your weight. U can do a pull up (more than likely )

Cool thanx a lot fellas imma work on those I am greatful for everyone input thank you all very much [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last year I was terrible at pullups also but I do them at the beginning of every back workout as my warmup/first heavy workout. I do weighted pullups now, I can do a 45 and 25lb plate for 5 reps, fairly confident I can do 2 45lb plates for one good rep on a good day.

Key for me that has helped a lot is definately focusing those back muscles. Between rows and pull ups I have gotten much better when I keep the back muscles squeezed and bring those elbows in. It has taken a lot of stress of the shoulders. I used to be weak at pull ups too. Now it's my strong point and my form is awesome. Practice doesn't make perfect but perfect form practice makes perfect. Assisted pull ups have helped me as well

I can confirm/agree with above statement. 7 years ago i couldn't even do a pull up. Alot of begatives and practice. Perfect military pull ups i can now do about 10-15 before they get sloppy. I dont do them often but hes right. If you can do a straight bar pull down on a machine of your weight. U can do a pull up (more than likely )

Ehhhhh just because you can do a pulldown with your bodyweight doesnt mean you can do a pullup

Theyre actually two very different movements when you start to compare them. The pulley system really changes things on a pulldown

Ehhhhh just because you can do a pulldown with your bodyweight doesnt mean you can do a pullup

Theyre actually two very different movements when you start to compare them. The pulley system really changes things on a pulldown
Yup... most people I see at the gym don't even do pullups/chinups correctly. They use their arms too much and don't get the full ROM that starts with a dead hang

Definitely recommend this mobility routine if you sit down a lot at work/during the day.. I've been doing it for a few weeks now and feel the difference in my lower back and hips.

Damn! Son got hella fat! I thought he just got out of shape, but damn.
That's an astonishing transformation.

Really wondering how he tackled the diet aspect of that program though...

From what I've read, Body Beast's nutritional plan isn't for people that want to get lean.

Could he have just adjusted the calorie intake suggested to fit his goals? 

Last edited:
Fousey's transformation is crazy and I wish him the best - I just hope he keeps it up because his overall mentality is really unhealthy. He means well though.

Back
Top Bottom