STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How often you boys deadlifting? I go once a week, since I'm so wiped and sore after. Might step it up to twice a week if I can do it without dropping the weight.

Since I started going heavier I go 2x. Unless I hit a new PR cuz I always end up banging out more reps of slightly lighter weight. I'll be too sore to go twice

I just started so I'm just trying to figure the best method. I'm at 225 now and do 3x8. You think I should lower the reps?

I just started so I'm just trying to figure the best method. I'm at 225 now and do 3x8. You think I should lower the reps?
It depends what you're training for.  People have told me that you don't need to deadlift to build a nice back and I've seen dudes at the gym that are jacked who never do.

If you're blasting thru 3x8 at least once a week I'd say go up in weight!

I try to deadlift twice a week but sometimes it just doesnt work.  Set a working goal for yourself and finish your workouts.  The biggest issue I have is going too hard 1 day, grinding out every set, then frying my CNS for the rest of the week.  I'm learning to drop the ego and weight, finish my weeks strong with gas left for the next week.

That said, I split my deadlift days into 2 types of days.

heavy day - I build to my 1 rep max. then drop off to 80% of that max and do working sets, 5x5 - I'm generally gassed by the last 80% set.

moderate day - 60% of my 1 rep max and I do 5x5 then I do 2 deadlift variations for 3x5, generally deficit and double pause. I'll drop the weight even more if I need to.

Definitely not the most efficient buuuut it works for me.

I don't really have a goal besides bigger. I just like compound lifts vs isolating. I've done 5x5 too and 3x8 and like you said. You phiysically can't do them for a few days.

:lol: yeah that's a lot of setting up and work. First I'd have to figure out what my max is. Probably around 250-275 then go from there. Sounds like a pyramid set with a 5x5 tacked on after. :x I'll try it out.

My grip runs out before my legs and back. I might switch it up now. It feels a little awkward since I'm used to regular grip but I might as well get used to it.

Last edited:
I HATE deadlifting but I've convinced myself to do it because I feel weak as hell.

I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 so I deadlift every other workout.

2 to 3 for me... on one of my leg days (ppl/ppl/off routine) I do sumo max effort

Trap bar max effort on one of the pull days...

Then Romanians on both leg days and sometimes deficit conventional pulls on the 2nd leg day (depends how fried j am after front squats, don't back squat that much anymore)

Oh yeah I forgot all about that. I was wondering why his triceps were flapping in the wind.

I think I'm just going to keep the deadlifts to once a week and just go hard, I raise it weekly.

Gonna add front squats to the rotation instead. I forgot about those.

Last edited:
For anyone that's in the Atlanta area, whether you into crossfit or just fitness, come check out the Super Team competition today.

It's going to be at the Croasfit North Atlanta (Biggest Box in Metro Atlanta) and starts at 9am. It'll probably be over around 3-4pm.

My team is "We Blew Our WODs on Snatches" - crossfit downtown atlanta. I'll be partaking in this competition, too.

Happy Sunday fellas!

Last edited:
DAMMIT BROS.

Think I strained my upper hip? Its the area right on too of the leg, to te left of the groin/bladder area. It doesnt feel like its in my abdomen or lower abdomen, best way to describe is where the leg and body connect but moreso on the "top of the leg".

I remember last squat day it was a bit sore but powered through it, doesnt hurt day to day activities or walking but when I tried to squat literally 5 min ago I coudnt do it. I think I jumped jnto back squats too fast since I JUST started doing it again a week and a half or so ago.

Any idea what it could be? Minor strain? Was so hyped to do squats, next time imma take it slow.

DAMMIT BROS.

Think I strained my upper hip? Its the area right on too of the leg, to te left of the groin/bladder area. It doesnt feel like its in my abdomen or lower abdomen, best way to describe is where the leg and body connect but moreso on the "top of the leg".

I remember last squat day it was a bit sore but powered through it, doesnt hurt day to day activities or walking but when I tried to squat literally 5 min ago I coudnt do it. I think I jumped jnto back squats too fast since I JUST started doing it again a week and a half or so ago.

Any idea what it could be? Minor strain? Was so hyped to do squats, next time imma take it slow.
Did you try rolling the area out? Idk exactly what you're feeling but that same area that my chiro calls (front points?) After massaging the area there and rolling it out later it feels better

So today I did a little jog/run while at work. Re considering this 5k I might do lol. I HATE running in the cold. Mucos, headache, lungs hurt for me.

Last edited:
Warm up is key breh

10 min cardio on 5 incline, 2 speed
Various stretches
Body weight squats
Bar squats
Then warm up weights

Did you try rolling the area out? Idk exactly what you're feeling but that same area that my chiro calls (front points?) After massaging the area there and rolling it out later it feels better

So today I did a little jog/run while at work. Re considering this 5k I might do lol. I HATE running in the cold. Mucos, headache, lungs hurt for me.

Running in the cold sucks but you'll get used to it after a couple of running sessions. 5K is really manageable even if you're not much of a runner. Signing up for a 5K is a good way to force yourself to run a bit. I'm assuming you're like me and rarely run lol

this was ok. flavor was decent. kinda chalky. the lemon cake and birthday cake one bars are still my favorite.

Running in the cold sucks but you'll get used to it after a couple of running sessions. 5K is really manageable even if you're not much of a runner. Signing up for a 5K is a good way to force yourself to run a bit. I'm assuming you're like me and rarely run lol
That's why I'm considering doing it. I may get that motivational push. And yea man I'm no runner. Just tryin to build up that necessary endurance though

Dudes in here that use knee wraps, do you have to redo them every set?

I was watching this guy squatting this morning and he would completely remove his knee wraps after every set, even warmups. Seemed a bit excessive to me but then again I don't know **** about wraps.

Back
Top Bottom