STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just dropped a lot on supplement re-up.... I swear I need to make friends with a GNC employee or something
You gotta find the right one. One in the mall by me the dudes are always pushing gnc products and bs supplements you don't need. I can't believe I got sold on some Pink Magic years ago when I didn't know any better. No matter what they'll steer you back to gnc

But another one in my town all the dudes are mad cool and will discount you on ANYTHING. They'll recommend good stuff and tell you not to worry about the gold card. They usually throw in a bottle of sports vitamins for free too

Last edited:
Just started going to this new 24 around my way. They got these machines when you move the bar or whatever the whole seat rises up and moves when u do the motion. It's weird. But I'm sore as hell. I kinda like it

I keep going on the balls on my feet when squatting. Any tips or tricks to keep all pressure on heels?

Counter balance air squat. Grab a 10-25 pound plate. Hold it in front of you and sit. Vertical torso, braced core, shift your weight to your midfoot/heal (wiggle toes)

Goblet squat w/kb works like a charm too.

Just dropped a lot on supplement re-up.... I swear I need to make friends with a GNC employee or something

It won't do you any good. My dude is a manager at one and he can only change the price on sale items. I still pay full price. Kind of sucks.

I need to get one something to gain weight. **** is pissing me off. I sky rocketed to 150 and now I can't push past that. It's really annoying. I got to 160 on creatine but I don't count that. I'm getting way stronger so I'm hoping it just comes with time I guess.

2 double cheeseburgers, 8 egg scramble with lamb and peppers, a whole fried chicken (6 pc). Quinoa salad, random fruits. Wtf am I doing wrong? Thats like everyday for me too.

Last edited:
How much of your best squat should you be able to pause squat, percentage wise?

I'm just curious.

In my new strength program I am doing a lot of pause tempo squats movements. He just wants me to go heavy, no percentage.

However my Coach gave me a lecture last week about percentage difference from body building and weightlifting. That in weightlifting you always want to go 90%-100%.

Examples from these two weeks:

OHS with tempo, 5 sec down and 3 sec hold then explode. 55kg (4x3)

Snatch knee pull tempo. From the floor Pull directly above the knee then hold for 3 secs then explode the rest of the pull. 80kg (3x2)

Back squat tempo, 5 secs down and 3 secs hold then up - 100kg. (5x5)

Last edited:
What about the bodybuilding pauses?
Same tempo, just starting off more sets/reps with lower percentage.

I'll give you an example

Week 1 -5x5 (65% - 75%) (5 down, 3 pause, explode) - then 1 set - max reps @ 50-60% of 1 Rep Max

Week 2 - 5x4 (75-85%) (5 down, 3 pause, explode) - then 1 set - max reps @ 80% of 1 Rep Max

Week 3 - 4x4 (75-85%) (5 down, 3 pause, explode) - then 1 set - max reps @ 90% of 1 Rep Max

Week 4 - 1 Max Rep

GNC 10 off 20 for December. Works on all bars and protein. Feast fam :nthat:

Got back from my nurse appt at the gym. Since 07/28/15 I've gained 10lbs of lean muscle and dropped 2.3% body fat.

1" up on both biceps

.25" up on both forearms

1.5" up on both thighs

178lbs 10.4% BF. 12 pounds away from my goal 
pimp.gif

^thats tight
pimp.gif
good work
Whats that look like for overall weight change? Losing 2.3% bf and adding 10 lb lean muscle
Thanks man. Most of it went to my neglected thighs 
laugh.gif
. But I've noticed that my overall body especially back is much more defined.

Welp first pics of me on NT. Just a progress comparison. This is my first time comparing the pics also. Excuse the paleness in the last set. I was depleted of the pool and beach last summer
laugh.gif

March 21st 2015

June 13th 2015

Dec. 22nd 2015

I've come a long way from my chunky days and I still got work to do. 

Keep pushing yall. No excuses and make time.

Welp first pics of me on NT. Just a progress comparison. This is my first time comparing the pics also. Excuse the paleness in the last set. I was depleted of the pool and beach last summer:lol:

I've come a long way from my chunky days and I still got work to do. 
Keep pushing yall. No excuses and make time.

Nice bro! Keep it up. Those back gains are a plus. Traps on fleek.

Looking good retro!!!!

I've been losing more weight so I'll post a progress pic later.

I think I can get leaner by april.

super excited!

Happy holidays too guys 

Back
Top Bottom