STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

if you've been pretty dialed in and training for more than a few years, 10# of muscle mass in a year will not happen without anabolics.

I need to get back into it BADLY...

My 2 biggest factors on why I havenʻt got serious about weights:

1) Time - work/husband/father - tough to break away to the gym and not mess our carpooling routine. I do have TRX, adjustable dumbbells, bench, a good hill at home to do stuff here but...

2) Supplement dependent - I have taken so many sups in my lifetime that I almost canʻt get the motivation to work out unless I have a pre workout bottle, creatine, proteins, etc. Basically a strict rotation of supplements to keep me in the game and give me energy and recovery equally.

PLEASE HELP GUYS...

Check out Tactical Barbell Conditioning (kindle). Read it yesterday. Really good stuff and not time or resource intensive at all. I'm trying a template soon.

Thanks for the keto rec everyone. Gonna have to do more research.

My long term goals for this year are 1200 total and sub 12:00 two mile (~1230 right now). I'm 5'11, 178lbs. Ideally would like to be 185, 9% bf or so. Gonna have to get really serious about my calorie intake. Doubled my quinoa and oats portions so far. More peanut butter too.

How about you guys?

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend ankle mobility exercises, specifically for squats?

I know oly shoes would help, but I don't wanna splurge on Romaleos just yet lol.

if you've been pretty dialed in and training for more than a few years, 10# of muscle mass in a year will not happen without anabolics.
You can put on about 10lb/yr max your first few years of working out if you're dialed in.

I assume majority in this thread fall in the range of 1-3 years.

Do I cut after my ideal weight or every so often. I'm on a plateau in my numbers I lift

Last edited:
Guys any advice on preventing shin splints? I would like to implement a lil cardio in my routine but every time I run (especially on the treadmill) my shins are on FIRE after about 5mins.

Any advice?

There are some 20$ dr. Scholls insoles you can get at walmart. The ones labeled athletic are the ones you want. They cured my shin splints

I know oly shoes would help, but I don't wanna splurge on Romaleos just yet lol.

Honestly, Romaleos aren't a splurge, and can be had for 100 to 130. But I still stretch my ankles even though my romaleos basically "fix" my ankles. Putting a band around your foot and moving your foot in every direction against resistance feels good.

Honestly, Romaleos aren't a splurge, and can be had for 100 to 130. But I still stretch my ankles even though my romaleos basically "fix" my ankles. Putting a band around your foot and moving your foot in every direction against resistance feels good.

Hmm, gotta get my bands up...thanks.

And Romaleos for ≤$130?? [emoji]128064[/emoji] where they at bruh?

But honestly I consider them a splurge because I'll probably only squat in them and I don't plan on ever competing. At least I can wear my ball kicks casually lol.

I've had the flu which has kept me out of the gym for damn near a week smh. Gonna go back tomorrow the struggle will be real

Do any of yall use apps for training?

Mainly I'm looking for something where I can log how much i'm lifting each day. Old school pen and paper will get lost :smh:

Appreciate that brotha! Glad it come in handy for ya! Did you check out my dynamic warm up? It will help big time

I will look at it when I get time. 

Man I open up my hips whenever I am just sitting her watching TV. I want to become more flexible as an athlete this year man. I already think I am a Ninja and this is what is holding me back.

I also do Yoga 2x a week. Thanks for everything man

I know this helps me with shin and ankle flexibility/stiffness

Just sit here for a while. Do it while watching TV. You can set a box or something underneath you if you aren't THAT flexible

Vajrasana - Kneeling Pose | LexiYoga http://www.lexiyoga.com/vajrasana

Last edited:
I take a dump before going to the gym, that along with drinking 2-3 glasses of water.....pre-workout ritual :smokin

And Romaleos for ≤$130?? [emoji]128064[/emoji] where they at bruh?

But honestly I consider them a splurge because I'll probably only squat in them and I don't plan on ever competing. At least I can wear my ball kicks casually lol.[/quote]

^^^get em on ebay

Back
Top Bottom