STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I need to get back into it BADLY...
don't you work at the school on the hill? can you use their facilities on campus during lunch or something?

my supplement use is sparse nowadays and especially since the strongest preworkouts nowadays usually contain something that makes me crash afterwards and i can't do that with a wife and son to go home to. you just gotta tough it out man. if you inisist on taking a preworkout, look at aps mesomorph.

Started 2016 by picking up where I left off in mid 2015, weighed in at 119, but now I'm at 125. I'm a pretty frail dude but I've been trying my best to keep my caloric intake at 3-3500 daily. Counting the calories from my dinner is thought since I'm not cooking it, protein I'm cheating horribly by going to McDonald's and getting 2 double cheeseburgers about 2x a week. I'm buying my mass gainer that I bought from GMC tomorrow (packed about 50-60 grams of protein with 5-600 calories). I don't OD on the scoops since 2 is sufficient for my weight right now even though they recommend 4. I seriously need to learn how to cook though. Usually what I do is eat left over dinner for breakfast, then for lunch at work I eat dinner again, then once I get home I eat dinner. Of course in between I'm eating snacks like granola bars or some snack to keep up with every two hours. As far as workouts I'm only at 20 lbs for curls, lifting the weight up my sides to work my traps, and laying down on my back then bringing the weight up and down to work my bird chest :lol: but I feel as if I need 25 since I'm able to go through my first two sets with ease (12 reps first two, then 15 on the last). For abs upper and lower I'm doing 80 for now, next month I'm hitting 100 reps each day I workout. Guide me NT fam, my goal is 150.

Started 2016 by picking up where I left off in mid 2015, weighed in at 119, but now I'm at 125. I'm a pretty frail dude but I've been trying my best to keep my caloric intake at 3-3500 daily. Counting the calories from my dinner is thought since I'm not cooking it, protein I'm cheating horribly by going to McDonald's and getting 2 double cheeseburgers about 2x a week. I'm buying my mass gainer that I bought from GMC tomorrow (packed about 50-60 grams of protein with 5-600 calories). I don't OD on the scoops since 2 is sufficient for my weight right now even though they recommend 4. I seriously need to learn how to cook though. Usually what I do is eat left over dinner for breakfast, then for lunch at work I eat dinner again, then once I get home I eat dinner. Of course in between I'm eating snacks like granola bars or some snack to keep up with every two hours. As far as workouts I'm only at 20 lbs for curls, lifting the weight up my sides to work my traps, and laying down on my back then bringing the weight up and down to work my bird chest
laugh.gif
but I feel as if I need 25 since I'm able to go through my first two sets with ease (12 reps first two, then 15 on the last). For abs upper and lower I'm doing 80 for now, next month I'm hitting 100 reps each day I workout. Guide me NT fam, my goal is 150.
What's your goal besides just the weight? Are you following any sort of routine or does your exercises just consist mostly of abs and biceps?

If you have a gym membership, I would suggest doing some sort of routine as it will get you into the habit of working out every week. Gaining weight is easy but I'm assuming you want to gain muscle also, not just fat.

A program that helped me get the basics down on dieting and gaining weight/muscle was Shortcut to Size. 

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html

Last edited:
don't you work at the school on the hill? can you use their facilities on campus during lunch or something?

my supplement use is sparse nowadays and especially since the strongest preworkouts nowadays usually contain something that makes me crash afterwards and i can't do that with a wife and son to go home to. you just gotta tough it out man. if you inisist on taking a preworkout, look at aps mesomorph.
another recommendation is pre-jym. but if you're super caffeine sensitive it can keep you from sleeping if you take it.

if I take it anytime after 3 then i'll have a hard time sleeping lol

Started 2016 by picking up where I left off in mid 2015, weighed in at 119, but now I'm at 125. I'm a pretty frail dude but I've been trying my best to keep my caloric intake at 3-3500 daily. Counting the calories from my dinner is thought since I'm not cooking it, protein I'm cheating horribly by going to McDonald's and getting 2 double cheeseburgers about 2x a week. I'm buying my mass gainer that I bought from GMC tomorrow (packed about 50-60 grams of protein with 5-600 calories). I don't OD on the scoops since 2 is sufficient for my weight right now even though they recommend 4. I seriously need to learn how to cook though. Usually what I do is eat left over dinner for breakfast, then for lunch at work I eat dinner again, then once I get home I eat dinner. Of course in between I'm eating snacks like granola bars or some snack to keep up with every two hours. As far as workouts I'm only at 20 lbs for curls, lifting the weight up my sides to work my traps, and laying down on my back then bringing the weight up and down to work my bird chest :lol: but I feel as if I need 25 since I'm able to go through my first two sets with ease (12 reps first two, then 15 on the last). For abs upper and lower I'm doing 80 for now, next month I'm hitting 100 reps each day I workout. Guide me NT fam, my goal is 150.

What's your goal besides just the weight? Are you following any sort of routine or does your exercises just consist mostly of abs and biceps?
If you have a gym membership, I would suggest doing some sort of routine as it will get you into the habit of working out every week. Gaining weight is easy but I'm assuming you want to gain muscle also, not just fat.

A program that helped me get the basics down on dieting and gaining weight/muscle was Shortcut to Size. 
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html

It's really just a routine I've made up that consists of biceps, chest, and abs. Every two days I workout from home (workout, rest, workout, etc). Weight gain is the goal but at the same time I'm definitely trying to get definition with muscle gains. I'm going to read up on the article you just posted, actually wrote my original post while finishing my seconds from dinner with milk lmao

It's really just a routine I've made up that consists of biceps, chest, and abs. Every two days I workout from home (workout, rest, workout, etc). Weight gain is the goal but at the same time I'm definitely trying to get definition with muscle gains. I'm going to read up on the article you just posted, actually wrote my original post while finishing my seconds from dinner with milk lmao
Just need to add legs into that routine. Squatting/Deadlifting/Benching are major keys in gaining strength and size 
laugh.gif

Can anyone recommend some good ab workouts?
I've been neglecting them. I want to hit have hard at least 2x a week. I know diet plays a part into it but my diet usually consists of (in any random order throughout the week)

Potatoes (both white and sweet)
Chicken (breast thighs legs)
Red meat (beef)'
Salmon and tuna
Veggies (kale, broccoli and beets)
Fruits (banana, kiwi, Green apple are my fave)
0% fat milk, whey protein
Peanut butter and whole grain Bread
Whole eggs
Coconut water
Turkey bacon/sausage

Anything I should add or cut out of my diet?
And also what's some good ab workouts?
I HATE cardio, but I've been making some progress on the stair master, gonna try and do 20 mins a day now.(10 mind pre lifting and 10 mins post lifting)

Any advice?

You guys ever feel that the same weight feels "heavier" at a different gym? Got a one day pass to go to another gym cause mine was closed today. Was supposed to deadlift but 80% felt like 95%. I'm pretty sure it was the bar since it was exteremly stiff but I never thought it would make that much of a difference.

rare rare

If you're anything like me and have a raging fast metabolism up your calories a lot. Like 5k a day or more if you can eat that much, you will pack on weight super fast and won't get fat.

Get a gym membership and focus on the main lifts and you won't be frail in 2 months if you go 5x a week and eat a ton. Bench, squat, deadlift, military press and pull ups and dips.

I'd start there and just worry about curls and isolation stuff when you're burnt out after deadlifts and bench and the big lifts.

I used to be 110 pounds man. I know how it goes. :lol:

You guys ever feel that the same weight feels "heavier" at a different gym? Got a one day pass to go to another gym cause mine was closed today. Was supposed to deadlift but 80% felt like 95%. I'm pretty sure it was the bar since it was exteremly stiff but I never thought it would make that much of a difference.

Yeah on dl the bar matters to me a lot. I need a round bar for sure. Not one of those octagonal ones. Those slip super fast with me. I'm fine with a regular bar or a hex bar obviously but I want to try one of those Texas bars. There is some insane gym here I think that is all focused on powerlifting I'd like to check out but I go to the gym at midnight so that's a no go. The owner is supposed to be the deadlift wizard.

I've been neglecting them. I want to hit have hard at least 2x a week. I know diet plays a part into it but my diet usually consists of (in any random order throughout the week)

Red meat (beef)'
Salmon and tuna
Whole eggs
Coconut water
Turkey bacon/sausage

I HATE cardio, but I've been making some progress on the stair master, gonna try and do 20 mins a day now.(10 mind pre lifting and 10 mins post lifting)

Any advice?

Ab rollers always give me the best workout

Also do Russian twists with a heavy plate.

Diet plays an important key in seeing abs but you need 1)muscle 2)lack of fat around that area. You may need to cut

Red meat (beef)'
Salmon and tuna
Whole eggs
Coconut water
Turkey bacon/sausage

Any advice?

Ab rollers always give me the best workout

Also do Russian twists with a heavy plate.

Diet plays an important key in seeing abs but you need 1)muscle 2)lack of fat around that area. You may need to cut
The second is incredibly true. I've got this fatty deposit on my lower stomach area that I have to cut, I'm a thin guy like stated before but it's slowly coming down. Upper abs can be seen, but the lower are incredibly hard.

If anyone has trouble sticking to a routine - I highly recommend the Big Lifts app. Makes it so much easier to just go in and lift vs. deciding what to do and how much weight to lift. It uses percentages of your 1RM so your being challenged everytime too.

Just had someone tell me that getting a massage is basically the same as exercising...

I didn't even bother arguing.

Happy endings are a must.

It's the equivalent of not having a protein shake within 30 minutes of working out. All gains will be lost.

You want to focus more on building the larger muscles on your body (legs, back, chest), that's how you will gain mass and put on more size.

On your working sets, try to keep your working set rep range from 6-8. Strength is probably more important for you right now so you could build a better foundation.

Instead of eating McD everyday, try going to Waba Grill or Flame Broiler. Usually the Hawaiian BBQ spots have somewhat 'healthy' things on their menu now also.

Back
Top Bottom