STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I don't know why I'm even about to go to the gym. I could just get a message.

Last edited:
how often ya'll going to the gym? I was doing 5 days, recently cutting down to 4 and liking the output more 

Big, beefy muscle-heads are demoralizing to talk to

He says 'You lift?'

I say 'Yes.'

'Are you sure? Where are the muscles?'

|I

I got 5x. It's just a habit at this point. The whole crew rolls after work together. We all do our own thing most the time since everyone has different goals. Two are trying to lose weight and me and another dude just lift. I started running before I lift now so I don't have a heart attack from my eating.

Sounds like a clown amel. Should have asked him to see you in some power cleans. All the big guys at my gym are super chill.

He's actually a very cool, very nice guy. He was just honestly surprised that I lift. Lol.

He's a very big guy. Probably the biggest guy I know personally, muscle wise. 6'3. 260 pounds I'd wager. Always claims that he's actually very small now and back in the day, he used to be bigger

I'm sure he didn't mean to insult me, but demoralizing anyway :lol:

Last edited:
Shoot. :lol: I always wonder how big you can really get after years of lifting. You got to reach a limit at some point.

how often ya'll going to the gym? I was doing 5 days, recently cutting down to 4 and liking the output more 
Heavy compound lifts MWF

Core and accessory work on Tues/Thurs

Active Recovery (Sauna, light jogging, stretching) on Saturdays

Depends on your body. Everyone's will be different based off strength and experience. 

Big, beefy muscle-heads are demoralizing to talk to

He says 'You lift?'

I say 'Yes.'

'Are you sure? Where are the muscles?'

tired.gif
Damn son
laugh.gif

But crossfitters aren't supposed to be jacked right? Besides the ones you see on tv, I don't think many of them are "big".

I wouldn't take it personally, a few of my gym buddies give me **** for only doing 3 reps per set and taking long rest breaks and it doesn't really bother me. They might break if they tried to squat their body weight to depth anyway
laugh.gif

I would comment on CR but I don't want to start a war. Dude could have a dad bod and still slay poonanie with those facial genetics and bank account.

Last edited:
You guys ever tried Greens Superfood?

Supposed to give you 7 servings of Fruits and Veggies per scoop.

I read 90% of us don't eat the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies

It's really just a routine I've made up that consists of biceps, chest, and abs. Every two days I workout from home (workout, rest, workout, etc). Weight gain is the goal but at the same time I'm definitely trying to get definition with muscle gains. I'm going to read up on the article you just posted, actually wrote my original post while finishing my seconds from dinner with milk lmao
You want to focus more on building the larger muscles on your body (legs, back, chest), that's how you will gain mass and put on more size.
On your working sets, try to keep your working set rep range from 6-8. Strength is probably more important for you right now so you could build a better foundation.

Instead of eating McD everyday, try going to Waba Grill or Flame Broiler. Usually the Hawaiian BBQ spots have somewhat 'healthy' things on their menu now also.
Yeah, 20lbs isn't cutting it for me anymore so I'm probably moving to 25 lbs. The 12 week program that another user suggested in this thread is something I actually want to look into, the whole micro cycles thing seems dope. I really need to get a gym membership though since I don't have the equipment at home.

For the Keto guys, some websites are saying to eat organic meat only, but some are saying to avoid processed meats (sausage, some cuts of pork, etc.). For the ones that have been on it for awhile, what's your take? Thanks in advance.

For the Keto guys, some websites are saying to eat organic meat only, but some are saying to avoid processed meats (sausage, some cuts of pork, etc.). For the ones that have been on it for awhile, what's your take? Thanks in advance.
I make sure I buy organic and grass fed beef, also grass fed butter.  However, if I'm out to eat or I'm somewhere where organic isn't being served, I really don't worry about it.

It's no secret that processed meats aren't the best for you, and that's def not just bro-science.

Last edited by a moderator:
I make sure I buy organic and grass fed beef, also grass fed butter.  However, if I'm out to eat or I'm somewhere where organic isn't being served, I really don't worry about it.

It's no secret that processed meats aren't the best for you, and that's def not just bro-science.
Yeah I'm not too concerned on the beef side of things, I'm gonna eat more chicken and fish. Thanks. Repped.

Back
Top Bottom