STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Looking for good resources on the keto diet. Especially food sources. I've never tried it before and would like to for the next month or two.

There's plenty of literature over at BB.com

The general idea is to have a low carb, high fat diet. Your body always wants to maintain equilibrium. If you have an excess of fat, it will begin targeting fat cells for energy. Especially with the carb shortage

You always want to have a ton of protein to help preserve any muscle. You're most likely going to be eating a lot of red meat with mayo. Things along those lines.

I'll probably try keto for a few weeks when I cut, I've always been interested in it

Looking for good resources on the keto diet. Especially food sources. I've never tried it before and would like to for the next month or two.
i've been doing keto since last march.  Reddit has a nice Keto forum that is very active, i've gotten a lot of recipes/tips from there.  I've fallen into a really nice, consistent routine complete with a re-feed every seventh day.  Despite what you may read, a re-feed is necessary otherwise your muscles look depleted.  Overall, keto was the best decision i've ever made and I don't think I will go back to the traditional american diet ever again.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the diet, I have done hours upon hours of reading over the last year.

i've been doing keto since last march.  Reddit has a nice Keto forum that is very active, i've gotten a lot of recipes/tips from there.  I've fallen into a really nice, consistent routine complete with a re-feed every seventh day.  Despite what you may read, a re-feed is necessary otherwise your muscles look depleted.  Overall, keto was the best decision i've ever made and I don't think I will go back to the traditional american diet ever again.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the diet, I have done hours upon hours of reading over the last year.
A lost a lot of weight basically doing Keto. When i tell you that at times it looked like I didnt even lift 
sick.gif
. Also in the beginning i was groggy AF but my body eventually got use to it.

If you're doing keto check out CavemanKeto.com for recipes

And also genaw.com

Good recipes on both sites and they track macros

Lazy keto chicken is :pimp:

I'd recommend a hip circle and these mobility exercises to everyone 

It is also possible to screw up your hips by initiating the lift sitting too far back without opening your knees. 

The tip that has worked best for me is actually opening your groin to push to force you knees out.

Going to invest in a hip circle this week. Been getting adductor discomfort the past 3 squat sessions. Unsure if it's pain from being hurt or just having weak adductors.

Switched up to a wider stance and started feeling it on the right side...i can't seem to figure out how to pop it to relieve pressure lol, such a nagging feeling.

Last edited:
I was reading about Keto x IF, seems :pimp: for those that wanna strictly lose body fat and worry about muscle later.

205 squats couple weeks ago felt too heavy.

took a 2 week break from squats and now that 205 feels like feathers b  
pimp.gif

Terrible day at the gym today. Just felt completely off. Couldn't get that mind to muscle connection so all my lifts felt horrible. My body felt like a soup sandwich

But some good came of it. This trainer who I've yet to see is a true power lifter. He DLs 600 easy. He saw me and gave me huge pointers. He taught me how to pull sumo. Man the whole motion felt awkward from setup to pull but that lockout felt 
pimp.gif
. Trainer said that my sumo looked really good though. And I def felt more muscle involvement in the hams and glutes. I spent half my workout today just trying to focus on the motion and see what I have to adjust.

didn't workout in the gym today. worked out at the table with my hands and fork instead. in-laws cooked up a mountain of smoked meat. had that with some steak and a little bit of rice. now i'm laying down [emoji]128564[/emoji]

Last edited:
What's good everyone I been laying low. I'm still on my cut I took a little bit of time off after my cruise and for the holiday's. I finally got back into the 180s. I weighed in at 186 this morning. I'm going to get back to the 180 I was before my cruise in November. For the past 3 weeks I been eating the same thing during the day and doing a low carb high protein dinner and been getting good results
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20160118_055450.jpg.html

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20160111_185217.jpg.html

Hear is my chicken cooking in the crock pot for my dinner Tues - Thurs
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20160118_173343.jpg.html

Those Rockin Refule's were clutch at Kroger on sale at 4 for $5, now they're back at regular price smh.

I been getting them from food lion grocery store for 1.49. I like to drink one with my quest bar while at work during the week, and one post workout after my fasted morning workout and cardio on the weekend.

I need to get back into it BADLY...

My 2 biggest factors on why I havenʻt got serious about weights:

1) Time - work/husband/father - tough to break away to the gym and not mess our carpooling routine. I do have TRX, adjustable dumbbells, bench, a good hill at home to do stuff here but...

2) Supplement dependent - I have taken so many sups in my lifetime that I almost canʻt get the motivation to work out unless I have a pre workout bottle, creatine, proteins, etc. Basically a strict rotation of supplements to keep me in the game and give me energy and recovery equally.

PLEASE HELP GUYS...

Guys any advice on preventing shin splints? I would like to implement a lil cardio in my routine but every time I run (especially on the treadmill) my shins are on FIRE after about 5mins.

Any advice?

Guys any advice on preventing shin splints? I would like to implement a lil cardio in my routine but every time I run (especially on the treadmill) my shins are on FIRE after about 5mins.

Any advice?
It is possible that the mm drop of your shoe is to high!

Might need to change shoes it worked for me got a shoe with a lower mm drop!!!!!

No shin splints since!!!!!

Any advice?

Go to a proper running store.. Let them look at your arches, the way you walk and run.. Not like a footlocker or champs or whatever

Like a place that is going to put you on a treadmill and actually see how your feet land when you run.. Then they'll let you know if you over or under pronate

They'll let you know the right type of running shoes for you, then you shop in that category

Roadrunnersports has good deals when you sign up for their yearly membership for 1.99.. Just cancel after they ask to renew.. You can re sign back up for the same 1.99

Back
Top Bottom