STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How much weight do y'all think is too much for a bar at a regular commercial gym? 

At what point do you really need a specialty bar? 

In HS, the bars we had looked like they were about to snap when 4 plates were on there 
laugh.gif

How much weight do y'all think is too much for a bar at a regular commercial gym? 

At what point do you really need a specialty bar? 

In HS, the bars we had looked like they were about to snap when 4 plates were on there 
laugh.gif
I've seen a kid deadlifting 6 plates and change each side at my college gym. Bar bend for sure, but I don't know if it was close to the breaking point, so to speak.

Birthday today and I feel m body fighting a cold or something.

Going to the gym regardless.

#sweatitout

that was enjoyable watching those #squatfail vids on IG.

one thing kind of got me rustled is when women have "fit" in their IG name but they're flabby fat. get outta here with that nonsense. change it when you stop being a whale.

Dude was shaking and barely stable coming off the rack. Smh

He didn't even have a spotter. :lol:

Trollin' on a trillion thousand

he was just hitting up a dropset

I see what you did there. :nerd:

got my romaleos in and squatted in em yesterday. the feel during squats is ridiculous. for anyone on the fence, just do it. doesnt matter what weight you're squatting, this changes everything :x

Last edited:
That squat fail vid has spread outside the gym bros. some dude at work was super pumped to show me that and he doesn't hit the gym. :lol: dude will forever be clowned.

Any validation on this??

5 Supplements to help you improve strength:

Creatine Monohydrate: you can dose at 5 g/day consistently. A loading phase is not necessary, unless you are preparing to compete soon.

Beta Alanine: dose at 2.6g before you workout. A lot of pre-workout supplements have Beta Alanine, but you never know if they does is enough. Buy it separate, and ensure you are getting enough

Phosphatidic Acid (PA) - 750 mg/day (Commercial form: Phospha Muslce). Study by the University of Tampa showed great results on strength and mass gains in subjects who took this supplements.

Beta-Hydroxy-methyl-Butrate (HMB) -  3/g day - tons of research to support its positive effect in muscle mass, strength, and even fat loss.

Adenosine 5'Triphosphate (ATP) - 400mg/day. Still skeptical about this supplement but one well-controlled study in 2013 saw crazy gains with subjects who took it.

Only supplement I have had that works besides protein is creatine. BCAAs and glutamine didn't do **** for me that I noticed

I don't like pissig every twenty minutes so I stopped the creatine

Last edited:
idk I take creatine but yeah I never loaded it. Just 5g a day. It doesn't make or break me. I just feel like I'm a little less sore after. I just like the thot of keeping water in me for recovery. I don't know if it makes me stronger or if I'm just getting stronger. Might go off it when I'm done with it just to see.

Last edited:
That much weight would break his wrist trying to roll and drop it standing up. Or squat it and leave it on the safety bar

Either way...failure

Oh true, even at 225 I feel my wrist a little sore after. Btw, hip flexor is feeling nice. 225 for 2 the other day. :pimp:

Any validation on this??

5 Supplements to help you improve strength:

Creatine Monohydrate: you can dose at 5 g/day consistently. A loading phase is not necessary, unless you are preparing to compete soon.

Beta Alanine: dose at 2.6g before you workout. A lot of pre-workout supplements have Beta Alanine, but you never know if they does is enough. Buy it separate, and ensure you are getting enough

Phosphatidic Acid (PA) - 750 mg/day (Commercial form: Phospha Muslce). Study by the University of Tampa showed great results on strength and mass gains in subjects who took this supplements.

Beta-Hydroxy-methyl-Butrate (HMB) -  3/g day - tons of research to support its positive effect in muscle mass, strength, and even fat loss.

Adenosine 5'Triphosphate (ATP) - 400mg/day. Still skeptical about this supplement but one well-controlled study in 2013 saw crazy gains with subjects who took it.

Creatine is good , definitely works. Beta alanine is awesomeee. Highly underrated.

No idea on the next 2 but ATP is garbage.

So at the gym today I'm doing some arm workouts. I'm doing tri pullldowns with a short EZ bar type thing. Love the thing. This guy is standing next to me at the Lat pull downs. He leaves gets a bar and comes back. Its a long EZ bar type thing idk.

In between my set he gets my attention......asks hey can we switch because( he had some accent and couldn't even get out what he was trying to say) I think I looked at him like are you serious? I told him straight. I'm using it...... He said oh ok. And used that bar for reverse pull downs. I wasn't a d*** to him but really?

January is officially here 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom