STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Was at LA fitness yesterday watching a dad train his kid. He was alternating squats and dealifts. Dad was loading the bars with weights the kid had no reason to be attempting. Spotting your kid while he quarter squats 295lbs for 2 reps lookin like he was going to crumble. Then walking him over the the DL bar that has the same amount on it and watching him fail to pull 1 rep...then you add weight to it :smh:

And the dad was walking around like he was a tough guy which made it even worse. I was deadlifting 225 at a two plate deficit and i had two 45s on my rack...Dude walks into my rack mid set grabs the two 45s and puts it on his kids bar....mind you there is a smith machine right behind me with 6 45s...so when i went to pull 315 i turned around and grabbed them off the smith. But dude was right in my rack literally like a foot from me while i was pulling. It really isn't that big of a deal but like...wait til im done? Get the weights from behind me?

Was at LA fitness yesterday watching a dad train his kid. He was alternating squats and dealifts. Dad was loading the bars with weights the kid had no reason to be attempting. Spotting your kid while he quarter squats 295lbs for 2 reps lookin like he was going to crumble. Then walking him over the the DL bar that has the same amount on it and watching him fail to pull 1 rep...then you add weight to it :smh:

And the dad was walking around like he was a tough guy which made it even worse. I was deadlifting 225 at a two plate deficit and i had two 45s on my rack...Dude walks into my rack mid set grabs the two 45s and puts it on his kids bar....mind you there is a smith machine right behind me with 6 45s...so when i went to pull 315 i turned around and grabbed them off the smith. But dude was right in my rack literally like a foot from me while i was pulling. It really isn't that big of a deal but like...wait til im done? Get the weights from behind me?

I think it is a big deal. Lack of gym etiquette really irks me. It's not like it's a secret list of rules that only regulars would know. It stems from common sense and general consideration for others.

Snowed in today so I'm working from home. Legit may take a Uber to the gym :lol: i hate being locked in my place

For those that don't know, not saying you bro ^

But, pull-ups are used for strength training. Don't get it twisted the "butterfly" or kipping pull-ups are metabolic conditioning. You still need the same amount of power, although you may not use your last and biceps as much as strict.

Basically that's like sprinting and jogging.

You basically as it is said that sprinting is a cheating version of jogging.

P.S. Don't ever think Crossfit does not incorporate strict pull ups in its workout. It does including L-sits pull-ups. Just when ppl google it, jokly images (like above) gives a misconception.
Let me write down my notes...
Kipping pullups is like sprinting
Standard pullups is like jogging

Got it, thanks!

Thats a horrible comparison 
laugh.gif

Kipping is just a way to cheat on the pull up by using momentum, just like swinging your back during heavy curls. 

I think it is a big deal. Lack of gym etiquette really irks me. It's not like it's a secret list of rules that only regulars would know. It stems from common sense and general consideration for others.
Noticed this has been happening a lot. My buddy and I were benching and some chapstick walks up and takes a 35 from our rack when there were two open benches to grab plates from
mean.gif

If I take plates from another rack or bench that is being used, I always ask first. Simple as that. 

Wait, WHILE?

Like you are mid press and someone takes a plate off???

That **** happens? Haha that would never slide...

Last edited:
I'm not speaking of off the bar. But off the weight rack that's usually right at your head. All that banging around and all in your space..

Gym etiquette is getting terrible.

Just about 2 weeks ago, or maybe 4 or 5, I was squatting in the squat rack, big boy weight. I had my phone, hoody, and towel right there too. I just left for less than 30 seconds to get a drink cause the water fountain is really close by. When I returned this dweeb decided to do pull ups at my rack. I had to stand there and wait till he was done. I know he saw me too, cause I was watching him watching me watching him in the mirror doing his shrugs just before that behind me.

Gym etiquette is getting terrible.

Just about 2 weeks ago, or maybe 4 or 5, I was squatting in the squat rack, big boy weight. I had my phone, hoody, and towel right there too. I just left for less than 30 seconds to get a drink cause the water fountain is really close by. When I returned this dweeb decided to do pull ups at my rack. I had to stand there and wait till he was done. I know he saw me too, cause I was watching him watching me watching him in the mirror doing his shrugs just before that behind me.
My gym has been pretty good other then my encounter yesterday 
laugh.gif

More yambs than usual tho 
nerd.gif
. This one hispanic chick is a regular now and she gives me the look. I'm tryin to stay outta trouble tho 
laugh.gif

People just gotta learn how to ask and communicate. I always pause and look around before I use a bench or rack to make sure no one was using it. Just gotta be mindful of others.

People just gotta learn how to ask and communicate. I always pause and look around before I use a bench or rack to make sure no one was using it. Just gotta be mindful of others.

exactly. january brings in so many noobs, it's tiring to be annoyed all the time so I just zone em out.

for now I just do my best to lead by example. let them watch me rerack my weights, wipe down benches, ask if anyone's using this etc. most of em will never come back tho which is coo with me.

the ones that get me are the hella loud highschool / college kids that don't know what they're doing and stay cussing all day. dropping f bombs every 3rd word lol, grow up.

Pullups at your station isnt that bad, as long as he moved and let you use your space cause its at your pace since youre using it. I would personally ask if its cool first.

Seen 3 18-19 year old teens "doing" squats at 315. Besides taking 10 minutes between each set, well you know how that went. :lol: Probably went down 2 inches.

and you didn't say anything? what type of street cat are you?

Back
Top Bottom