STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So at the gym today I'm doing some arm workouts. I'm doing tri pullldowns with a short EZ bar type thing. Love the thing. This guy is standing next to me at the Lat pull downs. He leaves gets a bar and comes back. Its a long EZ bar type thing idk.

In between my set he gets my attention......asks hey can we switch because( he had some accent and couldn't even get out what he was trying to say) I think I looked at him like are you serious? I told him straight. I'm using it...... He said oh ok. And used that bar for reverse pull downs. I wasn't a d*** to him but really?

January is officially here 
laugh.gif

So you mean squatting in the Smith Machine then asking to trade with the guy in the squat rack isn't proper gym etiquette?? 

/sarcasm

So at the gym today I'm doing some arm workouts. I'm doing tri pullldowns with a short EZ bar type thing. Love the thing. This guy is standing next to me at the Lat pull downs. He leaves gets a bar and comes back. Its a long EZ bar type thing idk.

In between my set he gets my attention......asks hey can we switch because( he had some accent and couldn't even get out what he was trying to say) I think I looked at him like are you serious? I told him straight. I'm using it...... He said oh ok. And used that bar for reverse pull downs. I wasn't a d*** to him but really?

January is officially here :lol:  
im confused. Were you doing tricep pushdowns in the lat pulldown machine?

What do you do when someone gets right in front of you.

Here's the scenario.

I was doing lat raises with dumpbells holding onto my bench, alternating sides. To my left was this HBB with man arms and a Robocop hairline, but she has dat mass. This dweeb that has to always say "hi" to everyone in the gym proceeds to get in front of me and then walks right into the dumpbell when I was raising it. People around were all looking at me but was I at fault? He saw me doing my lat raises right there and then proceeded to just walk right into it.

BTW, he could've just walked around her as well or to my right but he choose the area that I was already standing in. I wasn't going to move either cause I wanted to smell dat angus when she got up.

Last edited:

Here's the scenario.

I was doing lat raises with dumpbells holding onto my bench, alternating sides. To my left was this HBB with man arms and a Robocop hairline, but she has dat mass. This dweeb that has to always say "hi" to everyone in the gym proceeds to get in front of me and then walks right into the dumpbell when I was raising it. People around were all looking at me but was I at fault? He saw me doing my lat raises right there and then proceeded to just walk right into it.

I would freak out if I was lifting a heavy weight and someone put themselves in a position to bump the weights

I remember I was benching one time and dude tried squeezing in between the racks. He bumped into the end of the bar and I was LIVID.

lol that PA, HMB and (-)-epicatechin are being wildly hyped by the supp companies right now. HMB has been around for a long time (and supposedly doesn't really work) and there's even a transdermal version of epicatechin being sold :lol:

i stopped taking beta alanine when i started doing lower rep ranges and taking long rests in-between sets. i've always thought it was better for more endurance-types of training.

i think if the supp is cheap and is proven (BA and creatine) then go for it. other than that, the negligible gains you may or may not see just isn't worth it. you're much better off working on your diet and programming or doing a real cycle of horsemeat instead. at least you'll see some real gains for your money.

Here's the scenario.

BTW, he could've just walked around her as well or to my right but he choose the area that I was already standing in. I wasn't going to move either cause I wanted to smell dat angus when she got up.

Shoudda given a firm "Cmon bro". Woudve gotten the point across, dont care whos looking.

I started using the Greens SuperFoods Orignal like 3 days ago.

Haven't noticed anything yet except it's messy af :lol:

But 7 servings of veggies/fruits per scoop sold me

Saw this on Reddit 

Crossfitter attempts 100 pullups:
loljk no hate, this just made me laugh

Man my boss had the nerve to say he could do 15 pull ups but after 4 he starts kipping. Me and my boy just started clowning him to his face because that's how we operate. :lol: so much trash talk.

A little over half way through the 21 day fix program. Feeling pretty good.

Im skinny as hell but i have a gut. I gained like 20 pounds in the last 6 months or so.

My question on the butterfly pull-upis have some you guys actually try doing them? It's not as easy as it.

Of course youre gonna get some type of workout doing them but it isnt nearly as efficient as a full traditional pullup.

If it aint broke...

Of course youre gonna get some type of workout doing them but it isnt nearly as efficient as a full traditional pullup.

If it aint broke...

For those that don't know, not saying you bro ^

But, pull-ups are used for strength training. Don't get it twisted the "butterfly" or kipping pull-ups are metabolic conditioning. You still need the same amount of power, although you may not use your last and biceps as much as strict.

Basically that's like sprinting and jogging.

You basically as it is said that sprinting is a cheating version of jogging.

P.S. Don't ever think Crossfit does not incorporate strict pull ups in its workout. It does including L-sits pull-ups. Just when ppl google it, jokly images (like above) gives a misconception.

Back
Top Bottom