STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Looked like Buddy spit on the other dude after he grabbed the DBs. So I don't completely blame dude for swinging if that was the case. I was surprised dude didn't swing when he got spit on in the first place. Still clowns but if a dude purposely spits on me I'm throwing hands no matter what. Ultimate disrespect

Yo, if someone spits on you, somebody's gotta die.

2 people aren't walking away from that situation

I think one of the 2 guys spit first and then the guy in the tank spit (stupidly) when he had dumbbells in his hands.

All it takes is one punch and someone fall and hit their head on something and boom you're lookin at 15 years.

Last edited:
Nah dude who had DB spit first in the video.

All three of them are clowns

Down to 323 from 345 a month ago. First stop: under 300. Then on down to about 250 and we'll re-evaluate when I get there!
That's great! Keep setting short term goals for yourself, stepping stones, to help build toward the big ones and you'll be on your way in no time.

Nah dude who had DB spit first in the video.

All three of them are clowns
Oh really? I didn't notice.

They're all losers. The 2 are newbs who think they're tough since they started lifting and the other guy is your typical mid 30s guy who only does arms and chest and wears gloves
laugh.gif

Down to 323 from 345 a month ago. First stop: under 300. Then on down to about 250 and we'll re-evaluate when I get there!
wow damn! you just shooting for the lowest weight class possible or is this for health reasons. you dropping strength yet? good luck man!

Any boxers/martial artists on NT?

Thinking about stopping by the UFC gym tomorrow and checking it out.

Retired from competition since 2011, but spent 3 years training and fighting Muay Thai in Thailand. Prior to that I did about a couple lazy years of BJJ/CSW/Muay Thai and had a single amateur MMA fight that I won quickly by choke. Abandoned BJJ after that and school put things on hold til I left for Thailand.

Got that strong desire to fight again, but I haven't trained consistently in years. Last decent training I did was 2 weeks at my friends gym in Japan in August.

No BS, without weights I was in the best shape of my life that last year of training and fighting in Thailand.

Oh really? I didn't notice.

They're all losers. The 2 are newbs who think they're tough since they started lifting and the other guy is your typical mid 30s guy who only does arms and chest and wears gloves
laugh.gif
guys IDK what to do. Kanye stan here and he told me to eat all veggies no eggs. and all chest no legs.

do i even lift bro?

I think one of the 2 guys spit first and then the guy in the tank spit (stupidly) when he had dumbbells in his hands.

All it takes is one punch and someone fall and hit their head on something and boom you're lookin at 15 years.

And a paycheck for me :pimp:

guys IDK what to do. Kanye stan here and he told me to eat all veggies no eggs. and all chest no legs.

do i even lift bro?

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Any boxers/martial artists on NT?

Thinking about stopping by the UFC gym tomorrow and checking it out.

Retired from competition since 2011, but spent 3 years training and fighting Muay Thai in Thailand. Prior to that I did about a couple lazy years of BJJ/CSW/Muay Thai and had a single amateur MMA fight that I won quickly by choke. Abandoned BJJ after that and school put things on hold til I left for Thailand.

Got that strong desire to fight again, but I haven't trained consistently in years. Last decent training I did was 2 weeks at my friends gym in Japan in August.

No BS, without weights I was in the best shape of my life that last year of training and fighting in Thailand.

I want to get into Muy Thai so bad. I had a little stint growing up in TKD, but I never took it as serious as my other sports (basketball, football) so I dropped out. But its something I've always wanted to get back into.

Couldn't juggle all 3 as a kid/teenager so I went with the more popular option (basketball) and ran that though HS. But now that I'm older, still pretty fit, and I have a genuine interest in fighting, I want to pick up either going back into TKD, or going Muy Thai or boxing. I just don't know which to commit to.

I'm nowhere as flexible as I was as a kid. So aside from me still knowing the basics of stance and the proper movements, TKD would more than likely be back to square 1 for me :lol:

But I want something with my hands more involved. So MT/boxing are a little more attractive to me at this point.

Would you suggest UFC gym? Whats the ideal price range for a months worth of training/classes that I should look at?

I want to get into Muy Thai so bad. I had a little stint growing up in TKD, but I never took it as serious as my other sports (basketball, football) so I dropped out. But its something I've always wanted to get back into.

Couldn't juggle all 3 as a kid/teenager so I went with the more popular option (basketball) and ran that though HS. But now that I'm older, still pretty fit, and I have a genuine interest in fighting, I want to pick up either going back into TKD, or going Muy Thai or boxing. I just don't know which to commit to.

I'm nowhere as flexible as I was as a kid. So aside from me still knowing the basics of stance and the proper movements, TKD would more than likely be back to square 1 for me :lol:

But I want something with my hands more involved. So MT/boxing are a little more attractive to me at this point.

Would you suggest UFC gym? Whats the ideal price range for a months worth of training/classes that I should look at?
I did the exact same thing when I was in middle school, chose football over boxing, would've liked to gain good experience and tried amateur. I'll be hitting up my area boxing gym, better late than never.

Word, most definitely better late than never. Thats exactly how I've been thinking.

UFC Gyn just hit my phone asking when I wanted to come in for a free class an hour ago. I might stop through this weekend

PRIME PRIME where are you located?

The main thing to look for in any gym is really the backgrounds of who they have instructing. If they don't have legit backgrounds from real qualified coaches/fighters, it's tough to justify paying much.

Seems like the going rates for most places range from $100-150 a month with different rates applying to number of classes you can take a week and whether you sign a contract or not.

If you have an idea of what you're doing, a basic boxing gym would be ideal if you can find one that's traditional. Rates are anywhere from $30-$50 a month, but there typically isn't any instruction. They can change if you show dedication and express a desire to compete.

I'm in DC. Theres a few MMA gyms around here and a few boxing gyms scattered around.

I've been trying to research prices the last couple nights and everything looks like its around the $100-150 like you said. I guess I would start off in a proper instruction setting paying a little more, getting my foundation, and then moving on and going to a basic gym.

This is the gym though - https://ufcgym.com

I'm not sure about their instructors as of yet. I'll definitely be sure to ask when I go up there

Last edited:
I'm in DC. Theres a few MMA gyms around here and a few boxing gyms scattered around.

I've been trying to research prices the last couple nights and everything looks like its around the $100-150 like you said. I guess I would start off in a proper instruction setting paying a little more, getting my foundation, and then moving on and going to a basic gym.

This is the gym though - https://ufcgym.com

I'm originally from Arlington, VA and the first place I ever trained at for Muay Thai was out in Woodbridge when I was in high school.

I can look into it a bit and reach out to my cousin that I started out with back in the day. Should be more options there nowadays then black when I was starting out.

I'm originally from Arlington, VA and the first place I ever trained at for Muay Thai was out in Woodbridge when I was in high school.

I can look into it a bit and reach out to my cousin that I started out with back in the day. Should be more options there nowadays then black when I was starting out.

what high school did you go to?
I went to Gar-field
(did we talk about this before)

I went to H-B Woodlawn (class of 2001), it's an alternative program in Arlington.

And nah, we never talked about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom