STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I work out in big *** Studio Wireless everyday and love them, have 2 pairs I switch between cause I sweat boyyyyy 
laugh.gif

for yall 2 that said kai shouldn't have won, i dont know wth yall were watching but his physique tapered down alot from past years... he's ready to compete with phil this year for that Olympia spot

I gotta ask where y'all live that are loving Taco Bell. Maybe my perspective is skewed by living in Texas, but I wouldn't hit Taco Bell if it were the only place open. I don't recall it being that cheap comparatively either to be honest.

If I need a cheap cheat meal, I'm hitting P. Terry's (local fast food burger spot in Austin). It's cheaper than the big names and like Five Guys and all those other spots, they let folks know where the ingredients come from and keep a limited menu.

I used to grab a don juan.... aint been in forever

does anyone know what exercise this is called? and what muscle it hits? the lats? traps?

thanks in advance

What's good fellas,

I'm looking to mix up my stack as I commit myself more to a diet. Heading to Vegas in June.

I generally took whey, casien, and then got into Cell-Tech that was a combination of creatine with BCAAs.

I'm thinking about purchasing creatine mono and BCAA on its own along with CLAs and L-Carnitine.

What do you guys think? How do you guys go about selecting creatine from so many brands?

I use the Con-Cret CREATINE HYDROCHLORIDE (HCL) and love it.

I didn't see much results from the monohydrate. The cycling and loading was annoying.

How is the Cell- Tech? I am going to try their Creacore HCL next.

What's good fellas,

I'm looking to mix up my stack as I commit myself more to a diet. Heading to Vegas in June.

I generally took whey, casien, and then got into Cell-Tech that was a combination of creatine with BCAAs.

I'm thinking about purchasing creatine mono and BCAA on its own along with CLAs and L-Carnitine.

What do you guys think? How do you guys go about selecting creatine from so many brands?
how many days a week do you work oit

Alright guys so I was in the gym this morning, and a personal trainer came up to me while I was squatting, and he was giving me tips on improving my form (said I had too much forward lean). Then he asks what program am I following, and I told him Stronglifts. He asked if I wanted to get stronger or lose weight. I told him both, then he said that only doing 5x5 wasn't gonna help burn fat and I should do about 4x15 with 30-60 seconds rest and that will help burn the fat. Is there any truth to what he was saying? If so, can someone point me in the direction of a better program than Stronglifts?

I kind of want to stick to it since I've lost 21 pounds since January 21st. But if there's something that would be more beneficial right now, I'm willing to try it out. As always thanks in advance.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :nerd:

Started up German volume training again. Boring as all hell but it's quick and I've gotten great results with it :pimp:

back locked in on the diet. About 2330 cals a day. about to get nasty. Anybody else cutting?

Alright guys so I was in the gym this morning, and a personal trainer came up to me while I was squatting, and he was giving me tips on improving my form (said I had too much forward lean). Then he asks what program am I following, and I told him Stronglifts. He asked if I wanted to get stronger or lose weight. I told him both, then he said that only doing 5x5 wasn't gonna help burn fat and I should do about 4x15 with 30-60 seconds rest and that will help burn the fat. Is there any truth to what he was saying? If so, can someone point me in the direction of a better program than Stronglifts?

I kind of want to stick to it since I've lost 21 pounds since January 21st. But if there's something that would be more beneficial right now, I'm willing to try it out. As always thanks in advance.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
nerd.gif
This is something I would like to know more about too. According to some of the bro science I've heard/read doing higher reps with shorter rest periods in between can raise your heart rate and burn more calories, but I guess it won't get your numbers up.

I've read an article debunking the theory that cardio prevents muscle growth, so I guess work in some cardio into your Stronglifts.

Someone recommended 5/3/1 to me in this thread and I've been doing it for a while. I definitely was getting strong, but I've reached a point in my bench,squat,dl, and mp that I'm struggling to get over.

back locked in on the diet. About 2330 cals a day. about to get nasty. Anybody else cutting?
Traveling first week of April for work. Can't resist going ham on the food with the provided per diem. 

Going to cut after that before #BeachSeason

I've read an article debunking the theory that cardio prevents muscle growth, so I guess work in some cardio into your Stronglifts
I usually do twenty minutes on the stairs after lifting and do HIIT on the weekends, but now I'm second guessing everything.

I usually do twenty minutes on the stairs after lifting and do HIIT on the weekends, but now I'm second guessing everything.
But before the trainer nosed his way into your workout. Where you seeing results? Are you not getting stronger or are you not losing weight. Also the obvious first step is to make sure you're eating enough and the right stuff.

how many days a week do you work oit

I'm at the gym 5-6 times a week.

3-4 days lift; moderately heavy, full-body.

2-3 days cardio; including basketball, 5K running, pylometrics, or some combo of run/bike/row.

I'm entering the second month of a 3 month plan.
---

I ended up just getting the creatine and BCAAs individually.

Last edited:
Dawg Efron out here man. That Hollywood roids diet gotta be nice!

Last edited:
But before the trainer nosed his way into your workout. Where you seeing results? Are you not getting stronger or are you not losing weight. Also the obvious first step is to make sure you're eating enough and the right stuff.
Yeah my diet is pretty good right now. I feel like I'm getting stronger and I have been losing weight.

Back
Top Bottom