STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No romo, but that may be the best body a member has posted of themselves on here. Good job mate. Quite jelly

thanks for all the advice fellas. got back from working out, mom bought popeyes. smdh. walked right passed it and made my meal.

keep up the good work everyone!

Rest day for me today.

I might go for a jog outside if the rain lets up a little here in MD.
But hopefully legs tomorrow night. Chest on friday, rest on saturday, deadlift sunday.

I've heard mixed things about doing Chest and Tri's on the same day. I usually do Bis/tris on same day but switched it up yesterday and did Bi's and back. Did shoulders the day before. Do you guys who do chest/tri's day do all chest then finish with tri's? My tri's get a tough work out on chest day as is but ive heard people do chest and kill tris at the end. Maybe i could throw some close-grip bench sets in at the end or something.

Have you taken creatine? BB.com isnt some sort of great source of knowledge. Do you have aspirations to be a bodybuilder?

So then he just should exercise. Exercise isnt put into two categories of either "bulk" or "cut". Those are niche terms in bodybuilding. They dont relate to the common exercisers. One can still put on muscle without "bulking". Its how most people do it actually. Part of the problem is that all of "your" (not meaning you exactly) information and ideologies comes from a small, niche community which doesnt translate into the masses.

If you want a great way to really **** up your metabolism, continually switch back an forth between gaining weight and losing weight.

I've been on creatine for 5 months, never loaded, still results. And I`m speaking of the BB.com forum thousands of threads with thousands of topics and people giving insight on these same topics. You should vist there, people post articles and things too. I've seen to many people and articles stating loading is unneeded. If you want to load thats fine, but you do what you do I do what I do, I give my advice you give yours at the end of the day its up to the individual to decide what they want to listen too. You cant tell someone how something works for them because there was no test done to that specific person to say this will happen.

And My information comes from the Pinnacle of Bodybuilding the largest online community in the world, so like I said I would more than likely take the info many people say on a site dedicated to the lifestyle than to listen to one poster on a sneaker sites general forum. the stuff from here I take with a grain of salt and see what others have to say about it and go from there.

I never said that taking 5 mg a day wouldnt work. I was only refuting your comment that the loading phase is some sort of conspiracy made up by the supplement companies to get someone through their product quicker. Thats the only thing I was negating.

Are you about the bodybuilding lifestyle? You never answered my previous question, do you want to be a bodybuilder?

Damn this thread moves fast after I go to bed 
laugh.gif

I think Durden hates the word "bulk" 
laugh.gif

Getting back in there today, had a good rest day with a bit of cardio. Going to put a hurtin on my shoulders/traps and finish up with forearms. 

Man some of you dudes postin pics have NO body hair, man it must be nice, unless you shave it all no romo 
nerd.gif

Goin hit legs right now. Gonna post my workout when I'm done and ill try to post pics this weekend..... Alter ego done got me motivated.

Goin hit legs right now. Gonna post my workout when I'm done and ill try to post pics this weekend..... Alter ego done got me motivated.

Around 208.

And yes, consistency is key. Just give it time. You seem very dedicated. You'll get there.
How tall are you?  Definitely doing work.

Gonna do pullups and cardio later.

Leg day though...weights will be used.  I refuse to skip out on that.
laugh.gif

Next week I should be refreshed and ready to tackle something new.  Really trying hard to practice some restraint, been running on empty lately with work, family, fitness, and life in general.  Since everyone around me is noticing that I'm not myself, I have to address it head on.

iLLest, your posts are some of my favorites.
laugh.gif

People in my gym used to ask me all the time what I'm taking.  The questions have stopped since I'm in there 5 - 6 days busting my ***.  Some people aren't willing to make lifestyle changes in order to achieve their goals.  That's fine.  Don't ever feel like you have to feed into the BS.  Brush that **** off.  That's exactly what people want.  There's always that person out there who's going to try and cut you down in order to make up for their own insecurities.  Take it as a compliment that they envy you that much.

Rest day for me today.

I might go for a jog outside if the rain lets up a little here in MD.
But hopefully legs tomorrow night. Chest on friday, rest on saturday, deadlift sunday.

I've heard mixed things about doing Chest and Tri's on the same day. I usually do Bis/tris on same day but switched it up yesterday and did Bi's and back. Did shoulders the day before. Do you guys who do chest/tri's day do all chest then finish with tri's? My tri's get a tough work out on chest day as is but ive heard people do chest and kill tris at the end. Maybe i could throw some close-grip bench sets in at the end or something.

I prefer the separate day. chest....back....then a day of bis & tris and forearms. My tris dont get as much of a workout on chest day because my angles are such that the majority of the stress is put on the chest and taken off of the tris and delts. same with back day. I mean the bi's get hit, but nowhere near as much if I were to isolate them separately.

thanks for all the advice fellas. got back from working out, mom bought popeyes. smdh. walked right passed it and made my meal.

keep up the good work everyone!

That's what it takes, when you have that power of will you good. I have done the same so many times but when you are motivated it doesn't even phase me. Good job!

Around 208.

And yes, consistency is key. Just give it time. You seem very dedicated. You'll get there.

Leg day though...weights will be used.  I refuse to skip out on that. :lol:

Next week I should be refreshed and ready to tackle something new.  Really trying hard to practice some restraint, been running on empty lately with work, family, fitness, and life in general.  Since everyone around me is noticing that I'm not myself, I have to address it head on.

iLLest, your posts are some of my favorites. :lol:

People in my gym used to ask me all the time what I'm taking.  The questions have stopped since I'm in there 5 - 6 days busting my ***.  Some people aren't willing to make lifestyle changes in order to achieve their goals.  That's fine.  Don't ever feel like you have to feed into the BS.  Brush that **** off.  That's exactly what people want.  There's always that person out there who's going to try and cut you down in order to make up for their own insecurities.  Take it as a compliment that they envy you that much.

This. People used to bug me with that bs all the time. Or they'd hit me with stuff like 'How'd you get so big all of a sudden?" WTFudge? All of a sudden? Shiiiid I wish it was all of a sudden lol, I wish I could've skipped out on those countless hours and days I sacrificed to this goal when I could've been doing something much easier and potentially more fun. I wish I skipped all that soreness. I wish I could always eat the things I want instead of having discipline and determination all the time. I wish I could just have the Stephon Urkell machine and just hop in and slide out muscular. Like, when you see me...my progress only seems 'ALL OF A SUDDEN' because you're only in here once a week...but I'm in here 5. Now when people ask me what am I taking, I hit them with the stale face and tellem "I'm taking my *** to the gym son".

Mirin homies chest, nh.
laugh.gif

I did shoulders yesterday, I have little nagging shoulder injury that prevented me from benching before and going heavy on dumbell/barbell presses. It went away and ive been benching and whatnot the past few weeks but it happened to bother me a little yesterday on shoulder day. I lifted light, just a lot of reps. I dont really feel it in my triceps today, and even when I combined chest/shoulders my triceps would never feel it. That being said, im hitting chest and triceps today.
pimp.gif

Really focused on that stretch/contract concept in the gym today. I dropped 20-30 lbs off most of my lifts and focused on slow motions, and I really felt it. Decided that I needed to focus more on that than weight.

Had a huge workload today as well. Squats, bench, and deadlifts since I'm still following Starting Strength. Once I master this stretch/contract concept a bit more, I may do a 3-4 day split. Thinking something along:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back/Bis
Wednesday: Shoulders/Tris
Thursday: Legs
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Rest.

Could definitely use some revision, but I'm not planning to put it into action for at least a couple months.

As for diet...it's going to be bad today, but I'm going to resume tomorrow. Cooking 2 more bags of beans since I didn't know I'd go through them like that. I measure em by grams and I go through 300-400g of beans/day. Been eating my vegetables though...had to go to the store and grab 3 more bags to last me till next paycheck :lol:.

/Diary

:smh:

3 x 5 Squats
3 x 5 Press (Shoulders)

4 x 3min Burpee Ball Slams with 2min rest between sets. (some guys are hitting 50+- a set, I was hitting early 30's)

Y. Close grip should be separate. Get the most out of it by doing it on shoulder day. Shoulders n tris. Do close grip n skullcrushers the same day n watch how u feel next day.

Around 208.

Leg day though...weights will be used.  I refuse to skip out on that.
laugh.gif

iLLest, your posts are some of my favorites.
laugh.gif

This. People used to bug me with that bs all the time. Or they'd hit me with stuff like 'How'd you get so big all of a sudden?" WTFudge? All of a sudden? Shiiiid I wish it was all of a sudden lol, I wish I could've skipped out on those countless hours and days I sacrificed to this goal when I could've been doing something much easier and potentially more fun. I wish I skipped all that soreness. I wish I could always eat the things I want instead of having discipline and determination all the time. I wish I could just have the Stephon Urkell machine and just hop in and slide out muscular. Like, when you see me...my progress only seems 'ALL OF A SUDDEN' because you're only in here once a week...but I'm in here 5. Now when people ask me what am I taking, I hit them with the stale face and tellem "I'm taking my *** to the gym son".
Exactly, lol.  People at work always joke about me having every meal prepared in containers.  Calling me a robot and **** haha.  It really is a lifestyle.  As much as pigging out every second would be nice, that short-term satisfaction quickly evaporates.  That's what I tell myself everytime I have a craving.  I've given into them in the past (mostly during the winter as there's not as much to keep you occupied), but lately I've just been plugging away, especially since my calorie intake is typically higher in the winter anyways.  Don't want to screw it up by consuming unneeded stuff.

Other than a few people in my family and a few of my homeboys/homegirls, not many really grasp the point of the sacrifices we make for fitness.  Glad I found this thread.
nthat.gif

Really focused on that stretch/contract concept in the gym today. I dropped 20-30 lbs off most of my lifts and focused on slow motions, and I really felt it. Decided that I needed to focus more on that than weight.

Had a huge workload today as well. Squats, bench, and deadlifts since I'm still following Starting Strength. Once I master this stretch/contract concept a bit more, I may do a 3-4 day split. Thinking something along:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back/Bis
Wednesday: Shoulders/Tris
Thursday: Legs
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Rest.

Could definitely use some revision, but I'm not planning to put it into action for at least a couple months.

As for diet...it's going to be bad today, but I'm going to resume tomorrow. Cooking 2 more bags of beans since I didn't know I'd go through them like that. I measure em by grams and I go through 300-400g of beans/day. Been eating my vegetables though...had to go to the store and grab 3 more bags to last me till next paycheck
laugh.gif

/Diary
I plan to really zero in and focus hard on that when I jump back into hitting the weights next week.  Finish out the month strong getting that mind/muscle connection on point.

iLLest, what do you do for calves and how often do you train them?  Give this a read: http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/legs/calves-cows

Got leg day today. I use to hate leg day. But since I'm consistent I'm more excited for it.

Squats
Lunges
Seated calf raise
Standing calf raise

Can't even do leg press cuz I get pain in my ribs or something. Anyone experience this?

I might do some rdl too

Back
Top Bottom