STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man i hate that. It was our big bosses bday monday and they brought cake and cupcakes in. I didn't have any and all my co-workers are like "ohhh jking0821's trying to watch his figure he can't eat cake lolololoolol"

I understand its funny but i always turn down snacks at work and the comment gets made a lot. Or they always ask if i am on a diet. I don't care what you eat or how you look. But when some dude who is 5 foot 7 and 330lbs is trying to make fun of me for watching what i eat, it really makes me want to say something.

Man i hate that. It was our big bosses bday monday and they brought cake and cupcakes in. I didn't have any and all my co-workers are like "ohhh jking0821's trying to watch his figure he can't eat cake lolololoolol"

I understand its funny but i always turn down snacks at work and the comment gets made a lot. Or they always ask if i am on a diet. I don't care what you eat or how you look. But when some dude who is 5 foot 7 and 330lbs is trying to make fun of me for watching what i eat, it really makes me want to say something.

Trust you aren't the only one who gets those types of comments. Sometimes I want to say something but I feel like they won't understand. I'm making a sacrifice, it's me so leave me the f*** alone.. thanks.

Got leg day today. I use to hate leg day. But since I'm consistent I'm more excited for it.

Squats
Lunges
Seated calf raise
Standing calf raise

Can't even do leg press cuz I get pain in my ribs or something. Anyone experience this?

I might do some rdl too

pain under the ribs?? how is the seat position on your leg press machine? Is it a traditional horizontal press, or the vertical press where the seat is lower than the platform?

Quick forearm workout at home :smokin

Really focused on that stretch/contract concept in the gym today. I dropped 20-30 lbs off most of my lifts and focused on slow motions, and I really felt it. Decided that I needed to focus more on that than weight.

Had a huge workload today as well. Squats, bench, and deadlifts since I'm still following Starting Strength. Once I master this stretch/contract concept a bit more, I may do a 3-4 day split. Thinking something along:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back/Bis
Wednesday: Shoulders/Tris
Thursday: Legs
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Rest.

Could definitely use some revision, but I'm not planning to put it into action for at least a couple months.

THIS... almost exactly THIS

the stretch contract theory absolutely destroyed my lats today... I am doing this routine for this week
Monday: Shoulders/Bis
Tuesday: Chest Tris
Wednesday: Back/legs
Thursday: Cardio (Basketball)
Friday: Shoulders/Bis
Saturday, Sunday: Rest. w light walks around my hills

Next week I plan on making M and F chest days, the next week M and F back/legs days, etc... basically rotate to hit two muscle groups per week.

As for diet I am on day 3 of IF and I can already feel a difference. I added weighted abs to my routine on M and T and they are already starting to pop now that my fast goes from 7pm to 12pm...

Couldn't and wouldn't have made any changes to my routine if it wasn't for this thread... much love guys :smokin

Going to work on biceps only today. Gonna try out the stretch/contract and really focus in on that.

trust it is going to burn bro. but it will feel great. I did bi's on monday, i still feel it. Just really focus on that squeeze, it is amazing. The pump gets so big it hurts. hit them from all angles, palms up, palms down and hammers. another variation and to stay in the hammer position for 95% of the movement, then at the very top turn your palm up. guaranteed effects.

Lol whole thread doing IF.

So too the dudes lowering weights to get nice slow perfect reps, how low are you all going? I think I might try this today not sure

Jp it's calf. Yo y I get pain in my ribs though on leg press??

Lucky 25 is fine.

I been doing the stretch n contrast for years now. I always curl slow n do tri work the same. And when I do db shrugs.

Quick forearm workout at home :smokin

I thought it was your leg for a second..

wait what?? how is this not a calve? lmao/ my world just changed.

Thought the same thing.

Lucky 25 is fine.

I been doing the stretch n contrast for years now. I always curl slow n do tri work the same. And when I do db shrugs.

Knew it. Was just shaped too weird to be a forearm.

Lucky 25 is fine.

25 reps? How many sets? My lifts are dropping since I'm losing weight (and a little muscle which is part of it) so this may be a good alternative. Instead of trying to up weight and suffer from form beig bad when I get weaker. I'm gonna still do my dead lifts like normal though

I'm thinking 3 sets of 15 when I do these?

25 reps? How many sets? My lifts are dropping since I'm losing weight (and a little muscle which is part of it) so this may be a good alternative. Instead of trying to up weight and suffer from form beig bad when I get weaker. I'm gonna still do my dead lifts like normal though

I'm thinking 3 sets of 15 when I do these?
I think he meant 25lbs not reps, it should be a weight were 10-12 reps max and you feel like your arm is about to explode.

So too the dudes lowering weights to get nice slow perfect reps, how low are you all going? I think I might try this today not sure

low to where you can maintain perfect form throughout 100% of the movement. to where no other muscles are really incorporated to help in the lift, no swaying, no rocking. There's no set amount to drop, just until you get to that zone. I've been doing curls with 25s-30s feeling more burn that when i was curling 55s-60s and it feels a hell of alot more effective too as I'm not using the rest of my body to leverage. Of course you can progressively go higher, but the key is to be as close to perfection as possible and that starts with light weight,, burnouts.

It's not about the weight, at all. It's not about that. It's not about personal records or any of that other stuff. It's not about the weight, it's just about how you lift it.
Took me forever to learn that, but once that clicked, and I literally stopped caring what anybody thought in regards to the weight I'm lifting, once I focused on the exercise and not the adoring fans, all of my gains went through the roof. I'm not a weightlifter, I'm a body sculptor.

low to where you can maintain perfect form throughout 100% of the movement. to where no other muscles are really incorporated to help in the lift, no swaying, no rocking. There's no set amount to drop, just until you get to that zone. I've been doing curls with 25s-30s feeling more burn that when i was curling 55s-60s and it feels a hell of alot more effective too as I'm not using the rest of my body to leverage. Of course you can progressively go higher, but the key is to be as close to perfection as possible and that starts with light weight,, burnouts.

It's not about the weight, at all. It's not about that. It's not about personal records or any of that other stuff. It's not about the weight, it's just about how you lift it.
Took me forever to learn that, but once that clicked, and I literally stopped caring what anybody thought in regards to the weight I'm lifting, once I focused on the exercise and not the adoring fans, all of my gains went through the roof. I'm not a weightlifter, I'm a body sculptor.

repped :smokin

Srsly Freeze, last line was on point :smokin I need to continue adopting this mentality.

Props to you illest, looks like you did some serious work.

^ lol.

good cut iLL. You looking good man! IF seems to be working wonders for ya, keep up the great work!

I would be lying if I said my biceps don't feel like they're going to explode! Whoever brought this up in this thread is a genius! It completely changes the way I look at lifting weights in the gym. So does this apply to everything else as well?

Just killed my shoulders and did some good core work. Threw some squats in with one of the trainers at my gym, still getting my form down but I can't seem to get the bar on a spot that doesn't kill the bottom of my neck/top of my back. 

Im about 6'2, 146...im cut, but i cant gain weight regardless of what i lift....i lift 4 x6 ....i eat but i have a fast metabolism....any suggestions??? Oh and I dont have one of my thyroids.

Back
Top Bottom