STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It might be a pectoral injury. I'm certainly no doctor, but I recently had the same injury from dips. I thought it was a shoulder/clavicle issue due to the pain/symptoms I was describing to my doctor when in fact it was from a strained/pulled pec muscle.
Hmm now that I think about it I did try doing dips a few weeks ago.

Damn I just caught up on like 3 weeks of posts

#FreeSoundview :nerd:

Or maybe I missed a bunch of deleted posts :nerd:

Last edited:
I really miss my garage setup... there's something to be said about music blaring no headphones and going till failure just dumping weights on the ground.

Can you just get swole off of what you eat and no supplements,powder and all that Jazz?

Absolutely. Supplementation is pretty much a giant waste of money. You can get all the protein you need from normal foods, but consuming it in whey form is sometimes easier for people. Creatine can help with recovery, but is not greatly needed. Pre-workout can be replaced with coffee if you really need CNS stimulant. Other than that, if you have energy issues its your diet(macros) and hydration that's is the factor. Everything else legal is a complete sham and not backed by science. BCAA's are a joke. 1 turkey sandwich has more BCAA's than an entire bottle from your favorite nutrition store. But also there is not good evidence for BCAA supplementation even working soooo.

TL;DR Yes, getting swole from diet is just fine unless you feel like literally pissing your money away, then go talk to your local Max Muscle supplement sales rep, and he'll hook you up with all the bro science and take all your monies

Anybody follows this guy? Insane

http://instagram.com/diamondcut_fitness

Also, 

How much water are you guys drinking a day?

I try to do a gallon and a half.

My goal is over a 100 ounces but anything over 60 I'm gucci.

Keep a 40 ounce Hydro Flask in the whip and an 80 ounce Klean Kanteen at my office.

Goal is always to murk both by the end of the day, rarely happens but again if I drink at least half of each I'm good.

Last edited:
Can you just get swole off of what you eat and no supplements,powder and all that Jazz?

Absolutely. Supplementation is pretty much a giant waste of money. You can get all the protein you need from normal foods, but consuming it in whey form is sometimes easier for people. Creatine can help with recovery, but is not greatly needed. Pre-workout can be replaced with coffee if you really need CNS stimulant. Other than that, if you have energy issues its your diet(macros) and hydration that's is the factor. Everything else legal is a complete sham and not backed by science. BCAA's are a joke. 1 turkey sandwich has more BCAA's than an entire bottle from your favorite nutrition store. But also there is not good evidence for BCAA supplementation even working soooo.

TL;DR Yes, getting swole from diet is just fine unless you feel like literally pissing your money away, then go talk to your local Max Muscle supplement sales rep, and he'll hook you up with all the bro science and take all your monies

Yes and don't ever let anyone tell you different.
Ah ok. Cool. I thought about trying some of that stuff out but it's damn expensive.

I agree with what calibeebee calibeebee said but i dont really think eating real food instead of whey is a cheaper alternative... real food adds up quick AF and as you mentioned one of the big advantages of drinking some whey is convenience...which is money too in my world. Who has time to buy bulk and food prep.

does a racehorse piss more than a plain ol' horsey horse?

U know i never knew the origin of that term so i decided to google it based off ur question.

"Racehorses are commonly given Lasix (aka Salix) which is a powerful diuretic. They pee a lot right before they race, we're talking gallons and gallons. The medication is thought to help prevent nasal bleeding, which sometimes happens when racehorses supremely over-exert themselves."

:lol: They do

Those pop chips are money. Discovered them by accident at some hippie grocery store when I was studying for the bar exam :lol:

Yup. But there'll be days when it'll be hard to get your protein in depending on what you eat. Supplements are just there to help you.

Gotta disagree with you there to a point. You'll eventually build a tolerance to caffeine. Same with pre workouts but there are other ingredients in pre workouts that'll give you a jump.

I've drank coffee everyday in the AM for over 7 years. Hardly notice a tolerance at all.

A double shot of espresso still the perfect preworkout for me.

Man I dirty bulked 40 lbs when I first started lifting.. so much milk, hot dogs, anything in sight. If you attempt the GOMAD pissing frequently is the last of your worries. Pissing frequently out of your *** is the first of them.

Back
Top Bottom