STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Can you just get swole off of what you eat and no supplements,powder and all that Jazz?

Yup. But there'll be days when it'll be hard to get your protein in depending on what you eat. Supplements are just there to help you.

Absolutely. Supplementation is pretty much a giant waste of money. You can get all the protein you need from normal foods, but consuming it in whey form is sometimes easier for people. Creatine can help with recovery, but is not greatly needed. Pre-workout can be replaced with coffee if you really need CNS stimulant. Other than that, if you have energy issues its your diet(macros) and hydration that's is the factor. Everything else legal is a complete sham and not backed by science. BCAA's are a joke. 1 turkey sandwich has more BCAA's than an entire bottle from your favorite nutrition store. But also there is not good evidence for BCAA supplementation even working soooo.

TL;DR Yes, getting swole from diet is just fine unless you feel like literally pissing your money away, then go talk to your local Max Muscle supplement sales rep, and he'll hook you up with all the bro science and take all your monies

Gotta disagree with you there to a point. You'll eventually build a tolerance to caffeine. Same with pre workouts but there are other ingredients in pre workouts that'll give you a jump.

Yeah. It's called caffeine :lol:

But for real maybe taurine? Most of the ingredients added have no effect on "energy" level. Typically those ingredients are labeled as "advanced pump complex" or "explosion blend" they don't mean anything. Just caffeine, vitamin c, taurine, and random made up powder ingredients. You want energy, eat the right amount of carbs for what you're puttin your body through. Need that pick me up? Get enough ******* sleep at night. Or drink some coffee to stimulate whatever needs simulating. Most PWOs are like $30 for 10 scoops man. People pay that because the bottle says " supports extreme energy, explosive muscle pumps, fuels muscle growth and performance." Non of which has to be true, due to it being a dietary supplement not regulated by the FDA.

Yes and very strong.

Drink a gallon of milk a day, lift heavy and you will succeed.

I might try this lol.....the second part is truth!!

If you attempt the GOMAD pissing frequently is the last of your worries. Pissing frequently out of your *** is the first of them.

This literally made me laugh out loud! Ahhh....take this rep

calibeebee calibeebee I have to agree with you. All I drink is coffee anymore, sometimes some preworkout before big lifting days but that is to get an extra rush fast.

Some of them may have a place depending on the lifestyle people live as far as not having time to prep a ton of meals/amount of food to eat. Still 4 yeras later and I prep 3-4 meals for a day. I used to (and not to sound like "that guy") eat like the same 6-7 meals a day....a chocolate shake was welcomed from the same d@mn chicken and oatmeal lol. Its a "supplement" because it is supposed to "supplement" a diet of as many whole foods as possible.

Yeah. It's called caffeine :lol:
try taking a preworkout with a heavy dose of amp citrate or 1,3 and plenty of caffeine 8)

last time i took mesomorph i felt like punching a puppy :lol:

but i agree. most people will not get any significant, tangible benefits from most of the OTC supplements available. stimulants are one thing that you can actually feel though and the effects are definitely real. RIP OG craze. wish that the secret ingredient wasn't illegal. had best workouts of my life on that crap.

Last edited:
try taking a preworkout with a heavy dose of amp citrate or 1,3 and plenty of caffeine 8)

last time i took mesomorph i felt like punching a puppy :lol:

but i agree. most people will not get any significant, tangible benefits from most of the OTC supplements available. stimulants are one thing that you can actually feel though and the effects are definitely real. RIP OG craze. wish that the secret ingredient wasn't illegal. had best workouts of my life on that crap.

I'm not a scientist, but was it the DMAA-3 or whatever? Same stuff in Jack3d and stuff? I think the original original 1MR has it and I loved that stuff......the good ole days

homie got dudes in here drinking a gallon of milk everyday now :lol:

get dem gainz :pimp:

Last edited:
Oh **** what did I start 
laugh.gif

I was kidding bros, but I have heard people do that and you will definitely get big and strong if you lift right. Also your bones will be strong as ****, Im a big advocate of trying to get some milk in everyday just for that.
Man I dirty bulked 40 lbs when I first started lifting.. so much milk, hot dogs, anything in sight. If you attempt the GOMAD pissing frequently is the last of your worries. Pissing frequently out of your *** is the first of them.
Thats how I went from 195 to damn near 265. I remember days where I put like 4 scoops in a shake word to Rich Paina 
laugh.gif
 I also remember I never measured out creatine, I would be dumping scoops in that *****. 

My bench sky rocketed though, I hit 275 at my first meet June 2014 and by August I was 215 and hit 315.

Last edited:
So the one trainer at my gym who's starting become like a gym bud, asked if I could sign up for a evaluation session with him. It comes free with my membership for a session every 6 weeks. But he always helps me out whenever we're both working out around the same time so its another plus.  

He set a goal for me to get up to 210 
eek.gif
 and then cut. Bulk is working them gainz good but man. I looked at myself today at the gym and could see some gut under the T-shirt 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I HATE it fellas. So discouraging for the bulk even though that's supposed to happen. If you guys know my story I used to be kinda chunky so its def a head thing.

Any tips on how you guys deal with it if you can relate? Tips? Best thing is probably to just except it. I'm still doing cardio every now and then. 

Last edited:
You don't want my advice there 
laugh.gif

I just said **** it and what everyone else thinks I'm getting as big and strong as possible.

You don't want my advice there :lol:

I just said **** it and what everyone else thinks I'm getting as big and strong as possible.

Straight. Who cares what someone else says when u out here benching 2 of em lol. 3 of em in ur case

You don't want my advice there :lol:

I like your style....I lost a ton of weight and then said I wanted to be strong as crap.......here we are lol

Straight. Who cares what someone else says when u out here benching 2 of em lol. 3 of em in ur case
I just don't give a damn what people say when it comes to MY body, especially on the ******* internet. Like I never once had someone walk up to me and say damn bro you're strong but what about abs or some **** like that 
laugh.gif

People that get tunnel vision about reaching a goal know what it feels like to not let anything get in your way.

I say this now while Im cutting trying to get smaller 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I would never eat them unless I was cutting :lol:

They are very macro friendly though, the sour cream and cheddar aren't very good but the salt n vinegar are edible. I haven tried the other flavors.

I think these are 100 times better with the same amount of total calories just not the protein obviously

I smash on these things man One bad isn't enough. Gotta work on that self control

Someone has to do the Kermit meme about those:

Me: I'm only going to eat a few of these to satify a craving.

Inner Me: F*** self control, eat the whole bag.

So the one trainer at my gym who's starting become like a gym bud, asked if I could sign up for a evaluation session with him. It comes free with my membership for a session every 6 weeks. But he always helps me out whenever we're both working out around the same time so its another plus.  

He set a goal for me to get up to 210 
eek.gif
 and then cut. Bulk is working them gainz good but man. I looked at myself today at the gym and could see some gut under the T-shirt 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I HATE it fellas. So discouraging for the bulk even though that's supposed to happen. If you guys know my story I used to be kinda chunky so its def a head thing.

Any tips on how you guys deal with it if you can relate? Tips? Best thing is probably to just except it. I'm still doing cardio every now and then. 
It's not going to go away until you hit 210, cut, and hit your cut weight.

I grew up a fat kid. Ages 8-18. I went through it all. Finally dropped 45lbs senior year of HS. I wouldn't say underweight, but I was real skinny. Few years later I hit the weights for real, put some weight on, made gains, put more weight on, made more gains, cut back down from 18% bf to a shade under 10% (one of my goals) and now the scale is going back up.

I say all that not to impress you but to impress upon you this: everything I've been through and done has helped me prove to myself that I can do whatever I want to do with my body as long as I'm putting in the work. I used to be petrified of gaining a pound and going "back". It's why I don't have problems cutting weight. But my life experiences have taught me that I'm in control of everything (most things at least) about my body. I don't fear fat because I know it's temporary because I know I can take it off just as well as I put it on.

The confidence that comes with actually DOING it is second to none. Hang in there brother. You're in control of this ride, get to where you wanna be and don't be worried about the small things in the short term. Look ahead.

You don't want my advice there 
laugh.gif

Also, this would suffice. ^^^^

It's not going to go away until you hit 210, cut, and hit your cut weight.

I grew up a fat kid. Ages 8-18. I went through it all. Finally dropped 45lbs senior year of HS. I wouldn't say underweight, but I was real skinny. Few years later I hit the weights for real, put some weight on, made gains, put more weight on, made more gains, cut back down from 18% bf to a shade under 10% (one of my goals) and now the scale is going back up.

I say all that not to impress you but to impress upon you this: everything I've been through and done has helped me prove to myself that I can do whatever I want to do with my body as long as I'm putting in the work. I used to be petrified of gaining a pound and going "back". It's why I don't have problems cutting weight. But my life experiences have taught me that I'm in control of everything (most things at least) about my body. I don't fear fat because I know it's temporary because I know I can take it off just as well as I put it on.

The confidence that comes with actually DOING it is second to none. Hang in there brother. You're in control of this ride, get to where you wanna be and don't be worried about the small things in the short term. Look ahead.

Also, this would suffice. ^^^^

:smokin

When cutting i stay away from chips/cookies/etc at all cost :lol: Even tho the popchips are macro friendly i just know ill be driving to the nearrest 711 to get more, i just wont stop smh

I'm not a scientist, but was it the DMAA-3 or whatever? Same stuff in Jack3d and stuff? I think the original original 1MR has it and I loved that stuff......the good ole days
that's the stuff. it's back in quite a few preworkouts. mesomorph is one of the better ones.

On the topic of cutting and losing strength, earlier this year I had a buddy who was 5'10 that went from around 225 to 190ish in like 3-4 months without losing any strength. I'll just assume he was taking something without telling me.

Yeap.

Shoulder been iffy all week. Coach had schedule jerk pause and pause press pause, holding weights over head for 3-4 sec, 8x4. A lot of strain.

Yesterday I go in and do a 235lbs push press. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom