STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I think he meant hurting yourself because of bad shoes and doing certain lifts. I kinda agree with the people above. Its their muscles I guess.....and their shoes haha. Realistically, most people aren't moving a crap ton of weight. What don't most girls just do like a leg curl, leg extension and hip thing and the adductor/abductor machine? That's all I ever see. Whatever **shrug**. Their muscles not mine

Im one of the biggest Boost fanboys around and I would agree that they suck for any real lifting, not surprised since they aren't made for that...

Did my elf get his stuff? 
nerd.gif

Did my elf get his stuff? :nerd:

Yessir! Literally made my Christmas. Thank you so much. When I saw a big *** box next to my door I was like what da hell is this [emoji]128514[/emoji] I was seriously expecting someone to send some protein bars and that's it lmao.
Hopefully your strength was imbued on some of these items so that I can become as strong as you. Again thank you so much BB.

P. S. not eem gonna lie I've never had some of this stuff so I had to get Google poppin lol. Your knowledge would be appreciated [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
i wear boosts for days i know I'm not gonna do any heavy squat/dl

but lettuce be serious, most average gym goers aren't pushing numbers like that to the point were boost will affect them.

:wow: Just got convinced that Boss is really Santa, and he just lifts weights during the other eleven months of the year. :lol: :smokin

So you just walk around the gym pissed watching people instead of minding your business doing your sets? You know something the engineers of the shoes don't?

Oh come on man, don't act like you've never seen stupid **** in the gym and just kind of stared/wondered why...

Do you wear boosts when you squat? Might explain your sensitivity to someone asking why on earth people would use such an unstable, cushioned shoe for any type of leg pressing motion, like the one pictured. Plus, the boast material, like Lunarlon or most other softer sole material gets permanently flattened and loses its bounce the more you subject it to high pressure.

All I'm saying is that I see a good amount of girls (and the occasional guy) at my gym and on IG trying to flex in their UBs and NMDs while doing squats/leg press/DL, etc. and wonder why someone would use that shoe for something it's obviously not designed for. I doubt the "engineers" of the Boost/NMD were like "yeah, let's make this shoe specifically for weighted exercise and give it none of the characteristics of a conventional weightlifting shoe or cross trainer!"

I get wanting to look good and all that, I just cringe every time I see someone overload the bar and quarter squat while their hips/knees buckle from the overloaded weight and instability of their footwear choice, whether it's boosts or super supportive running shoes like Brooks/Saucony/etc.

Last edited:
Weightlifting shoes are not a necessity to lift weights bro. I've seen guys in the gym straight from the job site squatting in timbs. I've seen guys that workout in flip flops....

I dont bother anyone in the gym...if they break their leg thats on them....only speak when spoken to. A lot of crap gets on my last nerve... Im attention to detail type of person...it would have to really bother me for me to call someone out on it..

Shoes naa....whatever is comfortable and convient for you...i worked out in some church shoes one rip lol

How many of you have certs/education in fitness/nutrition?

Last edited:
Weightlifting shoes are not a necessity to lift weights bro. I've seen guys in the gym straight from the job site squatting in timbs. I've seen guys that workout in flip flops....

Both of which have harder soles and less cushion... So my initial question stands; why would you squat in something that reduces stability, increases your risk of injury, and permanently ruins the main selling point (comfort) of your shoe?

The people who squat in timberlands and flip flops are not the same people who buy $150+ running shoes to flex in the gym/on IG. They use what they have and get work done regardless.

Last edited:
Lol what people do to themselves in the gym dont anger me. Its what affects me like leaving weights laying around or not picki g up after yourself

Last edited:
I dont bother anyone in the gym...if they break their leg thats on them....only speak when spoken to. A lot of crap gets on my last nerve... Im attention to detail type of person...it would have to really bother me for me to call someone out on it..

Shoes naa....whatever is comfortable and convient for you...i worked out in some church shoes one rip lol

How many of you have certs/education in fitness/nutrition?

Mannnn n

I go to the gym straight after work. One in a while I'll forget my sneakers or pants and I have to work out in casual professional clothes and shoes [emoji]128514[/emoji] I think I have a pic lol

people put too much thought into what others are doing.

when I'm at the gym. i let the music ride and just work out. 

got to many other worries and stress in life to let something as petty as what others are wearing at the gym to affect my workout.

What people do or wear when they come in the gym is their own thing. Of they hurt themselves, then they will learn their lesson (I hope lol). Its their body, let them destroy it the way they feel necessary. The only thing I've ever said something to anyone about was some punks that would leave weights laying around or misplacing them in the rack (setting them out of order or putting like a 25 with a 40 and the other 25 or 40 by the 60 smh).

Both of which have harder soles and less cushion... So my initial question stands; why would you squat in something that reduces stability, increases your risk of injury, and permanently ruins the main selling point (comfort) of your shoe?

The people who squat in timberlands and flip flops are not the same people who buy $150+ running shoes to flex in the gym/on IG. They use what they have and get work done regardless.
I'm not really sure why this bothers you. A lot of people workout in whatever they wear the rest of the time. There's not even a remotely decent looking lifting shoe so I think that's why you see a lot of ig people working out in Js or whatever else looks good. To keep it real though I want to put hands on anyone wearing those shoes with the toes cut out.

Cosign the people leaving weights and not picking up after themselves. Pisses me off the most, i start calling people out like "yo yo my man u done with that? So u just gonna leave it there and not put the plates back?"

As for footwear.... No shoes for squat and DL

Mannnn n

I go to the gym straight after work. One in a while I'll forget my sneakers or pants and I have to work out in casual professional clothes and shoes [emoji]128514[/emoji] I think I have a pic lol

Them loaf gains lmao.....you cant let your attire stop your motivation/work ethic..

Usually when i workout i claim an area...put all my weights that im be using for my supersets and what not....

Now if your bish *** come in my zone with some weights or try to take my weights....automatic death stare b..

Last edited:
:lol: @ there being no "good looking" lifting shoes, come on.

Wearing improper footwear for squats/DL is dangerous once you handling real weight.

I could give a damn about the cardio/machine bunnies wearing Rosche's/UMD's on the leg press.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ there being no "good looking" lifting shoes, come on.

Wearing improper footwear for squats/DL is dangerous once you handling real weight.

I could give a damn about the cardio/machine bunnies wearing Rosche's/UMD's on the leg press.
unless you squatting 500 and above who cares 

So you just walk around the gym pissed watching people instead of minding your business doing your sets? You know something the engineers of the shoes don't?

Oh come on man, don't act like you've never seen stupid **** in the gym and just kind of stared/wondered why...

Do you wear boosts when you squat? Might explain your sensitivity to someone asking why on earth people would use such an unstable, cushioned shoe for any type of leg pressing motion, like the one pictured. Plus, the boast material, like Lunarlon or most other softer sole material gets permanently flattened and loses its bounce the more you subject it to high pressure.

All I'm saying is that I see a good amount of girls (and the occasional guy) at my gym and on IG trying to flex in their UBs and NMDs while doing squats/leg press/DL, etc. and wonder why someone would use that shoe for something it's obviously not designed for. I doubt the "engineers" of the Boost/NMD were like "yeah, let's make this shoe specifically for weighted exercise and give it none of the characteristics of a conventional weightlifting shoe or cross trainer!"

I get wanting to look good and all that, I just cringe every time I see someone overload the bar and quarter squat while their hips/knees buckle from the overloaded weight and instability of their footwear choice, whether it's boosts or super supportive running shoes like Brooks/Saucony/etc.

Stop being weird *****.

And with that SS I think Boss tryna ****.

jp, just jealous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom