STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I never understood how some people just show up and start lifting, no stretching nothing. Dude shows up and off rip grabs 50s and starts pressing em. Boggles my mind.
The guy I lift with walks in cold and benches 315x10 all the time, literally just takes his jacket off and lays on the bench 
laugh.gif

I never understood how some people just show up and start lifting, no stretching nothing. Dude shows up and off rip grabs 50s and starts pressing em. Boggles my mind.

"Raises hand" I just got in and get to work. What I will do is do 1 or 2 sets of just a plate on compound lifts like bench and squat.

Orthopedic said it doesn't look major. Might be my soft tissue between my bicep and upper rotator cuff.

X-ray looks "perfect" as he said.

We're doing a MRI today to just make sure at 3pm.

If anything, he said I may just leave with a shot.

Ah good thing you're going for an mri

If your problem is a tendon ligament or muscle the x ray was never going to find it

Ah good thing you're going for an mri

If your problem is a tendon ligament or muscle the x ray was never going to find it
Yeah. I'm glad we ruled out that it wasn't a joint or bone issue.

Couldn't be when I did 3 sets 30 butterfly pull-ups unbroken.
laugh.gif

I'm just out here wreckless with the shoulders. No Pain...What a Shame.

Violent criminals have much higher testosterone levels than non violent criminals. It would be like competing against someone on test. They definitely need to be stockpiling that milk tho

I'm not a very flexible person at all. When I'm not warmed up, I can't touch my toes after bending at the waist.

I spend twenty minutes in the gym doing dynamic and static stretching before I even touch a weight. I never rush this process. Especially at my age.

After doing light sets of weightlifting I can get near my toes. I'm always stretching or doing something between early sets until I feel good. By the time I'm going for heavy sets, if I can't touch my toes and other stuff something is wrong

Do you give or receive with your boyfriend?

Pm me :nerd:

How old are you Amel? :lol:

I'm 36 and take about 10 mins to warmup. I go light for the first 3 sets then it's on from there...

I'm 31.

Physical wise you might have a younger body than me. :lol:
. Outside of oly 3x a week I don't do anything else.

I need to have two active recovery days to keep my body loose if I'm being honest.

I was always taught no need to do a bunch of stretching (granted I have always followed the bodybuilding style work outs.) . Was always taught warm up the body do a few light weight warm up sets then get in to it.

Over stretching before lifting makes you a bit weaker with your lifts. (it may be a bit different for legs) I can't really contest to it since i dont really over stretch it.

It may be to each their own.

Last edited:
"Granite" :lol:

I generally stretch and foam roll, then warm up with a couple sets of dips/pull ups/body weight or bar squats, and then get into my lift.

I was taught:

Stretching when you're cold. No/no.

Stretching after you get warmed up. Yes.

That's why most of my initial stretching is dynamic stretching. Then I move on to static stretching in between light sets.

I do dynamic stretching before cuz i gotta buncha fked up injuries. My walk (jog when its not winter) to the gym has me warmed up by the time im there. I need to stretch more so when the weathers cold cuz my right arms completely fked when its cold and rains. Static stretching after my workout.

Did shoulders and legs today. S/O boss for the rep scheme for OHP.

Bar x2x10
95x5
135x3
165x1
185x1
195x1

Went for 205 after couldnt lock out. Soon come. On the chase for BW ohp.

Did squats and shoulder and leg accessories.

Squats
135x5
225x5
250x2x8

Never do static stretching before my work out. Dont see how that could make sense, i feel my muscle get tight when doing static streches. So always like cardio for 6 to 8 mins and then resistance band work for my warm up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom