STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i really want to try the Lever one day.
Decided to go run yesterday since it was a rest day and i was just eating all day anyway. Geez i fell off. im not a runner but i was going out there when i was cutting in the summer, got to a 7:38 mile (remember im not a runner so i know thats snail pace slow by some standards)
went out in the cole and 10lbs heavier. took me 10:26 to run the mile ( I did 2 miles) still felt good to go out there. I still had the stamina just not the speed. can't wait to start running a bit again on my off days. best thing about running it forces me to stretch before and after which i typically wasn't doing daily, which will help me open my hips for a deeper squat before Grine Grine scolds me for not going parallel without weight or block under my feet

:lol:

Bro, it'll be better for you in the long run. I'm not even the most flexible person either but I mobilize before and after just so I can get better.

Practice makes perfect. 10,000 hours

I did want to say yesterday though, because im not going ATG or barely parallel (I do hit parallel at least with the 2.5 under my foot and i think im hitting it with weight on my back flat) but that doesn't mean my legs still arent getting that work. my legs are still sore as heck after a good squat session.

:lol:

Someone at my gym lifting 415lbs but his knees be almost touching each other. I want to tell him to be mindful of keeping your knees bow style. It will help prevent those knees replacements and you can be more efficient in moving the weights.

But it's not my place. :lol:

Last edited:
It isyour place.

If you can arrest someone with citizens arrest you can tell someone theyre heading to snap city..
*word to CT fletcher

I'm not a very flexible person at all. When I'm not warmed up, I can't touch my toes after bending at the waist.

I spend twenty minutes in the gym doing dynamic and static stretching before I even touch a weight. I never rush this process. Especially at my age.

After doing light sets of weightlifting I can get near my toes. I'm always stretching or doing something between early sets until I feel good. By the time I'm going for heavy sets, if I can't touch my toes and other stuff something is wrong

Last edited:
Team ATG checking in. I like to think that i am pretty flexible. My wrists could use some work though. 

My wrists aren't all they flexible either. I don't do anything special for my wrists. It just seems the more weight I put on the bar the more my wrist stretches.

When I'm cold and the bar is empty it's hard to keep my elbows up and the bar on my delts as I descend. It seems easier to do it as the bar gets heavier.

Maybe the key for some if you non mobile guys is just going up in weight slowly until you feel ready to go, then start taking 20 pound jumps or so from there.

Last edited:
I take bigger jumps early on. I feel it's a waste of energy to hit the lightweight multiple times. I do agree that my wrists warm up as i get reps in.

I'm not a very flexible person at all. When I'm not warmed up, I can't touch my toes after bending at the waist.

I spend twenty minutes in the gym doing dynamic and static stretching before I even touch a weight. I never rush this process. Especially at my age.

After doing light sets of weightlifting I can get near my toes. I'm always stretching or doing something between early sets until I feel good. By the time I'm going for heavy sets, if I can't touch my toes and other stuff something is wrong
Do you give or receive with your boyfriend?

Last edited:
my right wrist has been hurting for weeks now.... just bought some wrist wraps.. hopefully they help. 

How old are you Amel? :lol:

I'm 36 and take about 10 mins to warmup. I go light for the first 3 sets then it's on from there...

Last edited:
To my SS: I got your package. I'll open it later tonight.

To my Elf: Check your mailbox fam!

I never understood how some people just show up and start lifting, no stretching nothing. Dude shows up and off rip grabs 50s and starts pressing em. Boggles my mind.

I never understood how some people just show up and start lifting, no stretching nothing. Dude shows up and off rip grabs 50s and starts pressing em. Boggles my mind.

My only warm up is 2 sets of 10 pull-ups/dips.

I like to warm up with weight, just feels weird otherwise.

Last edited:
I used to come in and do no kind of stretching at first. Coach made me stop doing that lol

My only warm up is 2 sets of 10 pull-ups/dips.

I like to warm up with weight, just feels weird otherwise.

I feel u with the dips but i mean i seen people just hop into working sets right away. I gotta stretch, esp my back and legs. I feel cold otherwise

I have a routine that i hit for my warm up. If i don't, i feel off. A little cardio, some pvc work, lacrosse ball to the glutes and shoulders, and a lower back stretch. 

Back
Top Bottom