STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Y'all lucky haven't done dumbells since I started yankin the 90s in my commercial gym for 15 since that's the highest they go to.

Y'all lucky haven't done dumbells since I started yankin the 90s in my commercial gym for 15 since that's the highest they go to.

I been doin 21s and floor press after the homie @suavament3 posted some vids a while back. 21s are a lot more challenging. I have the same issue at my gym, the dbs dont go high enough

Declines feel the best for me its awkwardnat my gym since i have to set up a bench and put a stepoer underneath . But i love that feeling if decline i feel its really helping completely round my chest up

Finally got 495 on DL :pimp:

Warmed up on the hex bar then jumped to the Olympic bar

315 x 10
405 x 5
455 x 5
475 x 5
495 x 1

495 went up much easier than I thought, probably could've hit it for at least 3 reps but I was just too happy to get it once :lol:

Good job man. Dl game is strong in here.

Got a pull-up bar for the crib just now. My goal is to have my house so bro'd out. Got some holographic wolf pictures frames on my wall too from a truck stop. :pimp:

Anyways I'm gonna try for 100 pull-ups tomorrow. Just cranked out a bunch by just hitting them when I was watching tv.

Finally got 495 on DL
pimp.gif

315 x 10
405 x 5
455 x 5
475 x 5
495 x 1

495 went up much easier than I thought, probably could've hit it for at least 3 reps but I was just too happy to get it once
laugh.gif
damn good stuff man!

this weekend im going to go try out for the 1000 lb club at 160 lb.

my current 1 rep max are:

DL: 415

Bench: 225 (this was back in Dec.)

Squat: not sure.. never attempted a 1 rep max... but i can hit 315 for 5-6 reps on a good day.

I wanna hit 365 on the squat because that'll auto. put me in the 1000 club...

if i get this, im buying myself a 1000 club shirt lol

Finally got 495 on DL :pimp:

315 x 10
405 x 5
455 x 5
475 x 5
495 x 1

495 went up much easier than I thought, probably could've hit it for at least 3 reps but I was just too happy to get it once :lol:

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] bruh your max is 525 at least.

Last edited:
Thanks bros. Yeah I should've gone for more but I was too giddy getting 5 plates up. I'll max out again in about a month.

Now I have to work on this chest-easily my weakness. Working on arms as well but 315 is not in the foreseeable future right now. 275 gives me hell for one rep.

I always get mixed reviews from the fam in here. My last 4 I've waited five days. Mainly Bc they're fine line tattoos.If it matters: one in shoulder, trap, thigh, and inner ankle

Did legs yesterday and tried back squatting for the first time since I've been doing box squats and other accessory work to assist with this foot collapsing issue. Kept having to play around with my stance because I kept having the problem.

Then I went shoulder width apart. MUCH better. Not 100% but it felt and looked better. Made me feel like I bounce out of the hole better too. Gonna build again with this stance

damn good stuff man!

this weekend im going to go try out for the 1000 lb club at 160 lb.

my current 1 rep max are:

DL: 415

Bench: 225 (this was back in Dec.)

Squat: not sure.. never attempted a 1 rep max... but i can hit 315 for 5-6 reps on a good day.

I wanna hit 365 on the squat because that'll auto. put me in the 1000 club...

if i get this, im buying myself a 1000 club shirt lol
you got that easy im 165 right now

DL for me is 435

Bench 295

Squat not sure either only 1rm I tried was months ago at was 350..... I feel like my lower body is way stronger especially my glutes and my lower back.

Last edited:
I always get mixed reviews from the fam in here. My last 4 I've waited five days. Mainly Bc they're fine line tattoos. If it matters: one in shoulder, trap, thigh, and inner ankle
Man I got my back done. I don't even want to lay on the benches or even workout because of back sweat.

Man I'm too damn weak from keto. Once I graduate I'm going full bulk mode. I was just doing 5x10 at 185 for bench. On the 5th set I got to 4 and my arms start shaking like a mug. Like the weight didn't feel heavy it was just taking forever to get the reps up. Some dude sprints from across the room and racks it. He's like "oh man I got you bro. Phew that was a close one. If you're gonna try and do your max, just ask for a spot bro."

:frown: I'm so embarrassed, going back to being a fat SOB soon. It's been interesting, but being skinny has absolutely no perks other than I don't sweat and people think I play collegiate basketball.

3 days in and it's a struggle :lol:

Always thinking about my next meal.

If I don't go bed on time, I'm in trouble :lol:
I'll still stick with it for the month though.

Tried 405 squats today. Got about 1/4 way up but had to bail out. Ima have that soon time

Squats
Barx10
135x10
225x5
315x5
335x5
365x1
385x1
405 fail
315x5x2
225x8
225x6
135x10

Ohp
Barx10
95x5
135x3
155x3
185x3
205x1
135x5
115x8
95x8

Sir charles
Db lateral and front
Face pulls
Leg press/calf raise superset
Hamstring curl
Core

I'm considering this surgery. Having aches in the disc I ruptured again

What kind of surgery? Microdiscectomy? I never regretted it. It sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do, you know it ain't gonna just go away.

I'm considering this surgery. Having aches in the disc I ruptured
What kind of surgery? Microdiscectomy? I never regretted it. It sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do, you know it ain't gonna just go away.

I dont know man, i haven't even looked completely in to it yet. I have a week vacation. in July and instead of going to vietnam or something i was thinking just getting this done.

Can you tell me more info. Like what happened. how did you know you needed surgery?

its weird because the last 3 weeks i've been fine. moving around, light jogging. lifting again.
i squat on the smith machine one day last week. and ever since i've been achy again hard to get up at times.

I'm considering this surgery. Having aches in the disc I ruptured
I dont know man, i haven't even looked completely in to it yet. I have a week vacation. in July and instead of going to vietnam or something i was thinking just getting this done.

Can you tell me more info. Like what happened. how did you know you needed surgery?

its weird because the last 3 weeks i've been fine. moving around, light jogging. lifting again.
i squat on the smith machine one day last week. and ever since i've been achy again hard to get up at
times.

I herniated L5/S1 while pulling 455 when I was 24. I did PT for months and dealt with it over the next year. I had sciatica and it was miserable. I was in a lot of pain, calling out of work all the time, taking pain pills at the end. Finally went through with it. Microdiscectomies are the least invasive from what I recall. They did a 1 inch or so incision and they snip the disc material that has ruptured. When I woke up from the anesthesia is was literally instant relief. They released me the same day after I walked. Recover was like 6-8 weeks followed by PT. I'd say I was on my way to total recovery and back lifting decent weights within the year, may have been sooner.

Back
Top Bottom