STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

just wreaked havoc on my chest. felt great. started with some machine flys to get blood in there, then did a bunch of heavy incline presses, bringing the bar to the chest, and heavy incline flys, incline was only like 30 degrees tho, that felt the best with the least amount of press from my front delt. then did some heavy chest press on the machine. this in the machine that uses plates, no cords, just you and the weight. limited ROM, but it's pretty legit. then ended with some heavy incline flys again and squeeze presses.

far as the diet, still going strong. still doing the same principles. From eating less, my stomach is shrinking, like the literal stomach, not the 'tummy', i didnt really have that to begin with, but whats on the inside. So in turn, because that has shrunk, it takes less food to fill me up now, which also helps. So yea man, that's pretty much the only update I have, just carving away, doing what i can for this summer body in winter.

Freeze you got me dying my dude... "Wrecked havoc on my chest"... :rofl:

It's always funny to see what dramatic words you and Big Boss use to describe the damage you did to your muscles. :lol:

I also did chest this morning. Felt great indeed.

4x barbell bench
4x super incline bench machine (no cords, weights only)
3x bench flys
3x wide dips

I did every rep as slow as I could so my chest really was dead... On my last dip rep I couldn't press myself all the way up my arms literally collapsed. Heart was racing, t-shirt srenched in sweat, face bright red :lol:

I knew it was time to call it a day. :pimp:

Hey freeze what do you mean by squeeze presses? Im assuming this puts more emphasis on the inner chest (one of my obvious weak points). Im interested in hearing how you do em.

It's always funny to see what dramatic words you and Big Boss use to describe the damage you did to your muscles. :lol:

4x barbell bench
3x bench flys
3x wide dips

I did every rep as slow as I could so my chest really was dead... On my last dip rep I couldn't press myself all the way up my arms literally collapsed. Heart was racing, t-shirt srenched in sweat, face bright red :lol:

i thought i was the only one! :lol:

"Demolished glutes"

"terminated biceps yesterday"

"obliterated abs"

:rofl:

btw today in crossfit we did 5 sets of 3 reps Hang Power Cleans, i started off @ 53lbs finished off @ 103lbs on my last 2 sets.

then we did a 3 min AMRAP
- 3power cleans (83lbs)
- 6 pushups
- 9 squats
- rest 1 minute

repeat that sequence 5 times

i averaged about 4.5 sets every 3 minutes.....killer work out bros.

I dont understand why people assume everyone that have great physiques juice.
I juice and it pisses me off when people assume someone juices if they say they dont.

It must be an inferiority complex. To try and justify to yourself why you arent able to achieve what others have.

Freeze you got me dying my dude... "Wrecked havoc on my chest"...
roll.gif

It's always funny to see what dramatic words you and Big Boss use to describe the damage you did to your muscles.
laugh.gif

Yeah bro I always like to add a lil descriptive word to let you know I went HAM that day 
laugh.gif

Man I'm getting tired of this cutting BS. I'm ready to put some serious mass on, this last 10 pounds needs to get off ASAP.

Last edited:
been training in the cardio department on top of weight lifting for a while now... enough that i could finish a mile in 6 mins flat on a tredmill.
today I tried H.I.I.T. for the first time..

I ran .10 of a mile at 7mph then .20 of a mile at 11mph (by the end of this .200, I don't think I can push anymore, at least not at 11mph anyway), then repeated it over and over for about 6 rounds..
at the end i completed 1.8 miles (simply had no more left in the tank since I lifted about an hour prior) in 12 mins and some odd seconds... sweated soooo HARD its not even funny but at the end I felt amazing...
going to try to do it daily for a month or so... just wanted to share.

I juice and it pisses me off when people assume someone juices if they say they dont.

It must be an inferiority complex. To try and justify to yourself why you arent able to achieve what others have.
I'm not trying to knock this guy at all. Even with his lacking lower body compared to upper, he has an incredible physique. I'm not even one to care whether someone has juiced or not. I see a good physique as a good physique...regardless of how it was achieved. But I think it's obvious that he isn't natty. Especially when it's common knowledge on what needs to be done in order to make it in the industry.

I'm sure you know there's a limit on what can be achieved naturally and that obviously varies from each individual, due to genetics. But even with that being said, I still feel confident about my assumption of him using.

If you had to choose whether or not you thought he was natty, would you honestly say yes? Or are you that nieve to believe that bullcrap he spouted?

I need help I've been working out for the past month n a week. Mon and Wednesday I do full upper body tues and thurs I do full lower body. My diet is very good as well but I haven't really been putting on mass. Is it my workout routine or do I need to even more?

If thats an inferiority complex, then people who juice also have an inferiority complex.

awesome. hope they stock the banana nut muffin and the choco chip cookie dough quest bars!
I'd much rather cheat and have real cookie dough than to eat some chemicaled up imitation, but maybe that's just me.

LOL man I aint gonna win that crap, If I was holding my phone diff in my fat pic I always post I would have had my girl photoshop a news paper in my hand LOL!. Contest like this its gonna be some guy who goes from how I was in first pic to super shredded, the guy who won last year I honestly think he was already in shape and just over ate prior to contest and took his before pic crazy bloated.

Do you guys think that instead of me doing 3 sets of 5 deadlifts at 225/245 I should just do 1 set of 3 maybe 5 if I can do it of as heavy as I can go with correct form? I know I`m getting weak because I`m damn near losing an entire body, but its crazy how crappy my bench and deadlift are while all my other lifts are going up or staying the same/barely decreasing.
Yeah you gotta take the beginning pic super bloated to win one of those. A lot of programs (Starting Strength for one) have trainees just do 1 set of 5 for deadlift, whereas for all other lifts you're doing 3 x 5, due to the taxing nature of the DL.

btw today in crossfit we did 5 sets of 3 reps Hang Power Cleans, i started off @ 53lbs finished off @ 103lbs on my last 2 sets.

then we did a 3 min AMRAP
- 3power cleans (83lbs)
- 6 pushups
- 9 squats
- rest 1 minute

repeat that sequence 5 times

i averaged about 4.5 sets every 3 minutes.....killer work out bros.
If I did Crossfit, I think I'd only want to do workouts that require super complex/fun stuff like rope climbs and ring dips. I'd be cool with the power cleans, but I'd just grumble through the pushups and airsquats. That's not to deny the workout they're giving you. I'd just be pissed that I was paying 200 bucks a month to just do stuff I could do in my own house

just a thought: you might do well if you do less warm up reps and spend more time stretching. 315 x 3 is good if you're going deep though. hope you don't bench more than that.
Stretching pre-lifting isn't productive. Make sure you're warmed up and mobile, but don't stretch. Doing a bunch of reps with the bar is an especially good way of getting the necessary muscles warmed up.

Over worked my bi's yesterday.....my arms throb today.
Shoulders and traps today....might hit some lats if time permits....

Dude at the gym yesterday was squatting while wearing a tank top that said in huge font on the front "Shut up and Squat".......he also was sitting down for squats. I don't know if this is normal or not. He put a jump-box under him (which i have seen people go down touch butt to box and back up). But homie would sit down.....like sit wait like 2 seconds and then stand up. It looked terrible for lower back because he was sitting and leaning back a bit due to the fact that he was doing this with 315-365lbs at a given time. So momentum alone was carrying him back a bit. But is this what is really good? Is this how you Shut up and Squat???
You've never heard of/encountered box squats before? They help with building explosive strength out of the whole in a squat. Look em up. If done properly, nothing dangerous about them.

4x barbell bench
3x bench flys
3x wide dips

hahaha always just trying to keep things interesting man, it just seems a lot more visual to the reader to avoid saying 'I worked out chest' and instead say 'I just waged war on my manly chest mountains while icing a cake and learning Beethoven's 5th, on a kazoo', or something like that. shrugs.

Hey freeze what do you mean by squeeze presses? Im assuming this puts more emphasis on the inner chest (one of my obvious weak points). Im interested in hearing how you do em.

yea it's pretty solid man. It has variations....you can lay on a bench, either flat or incline and take 2 barbells, and with a neutral grip, push them together and keep that tension through, going down to the chest and up, maintaining that same squeeze.

I do that sometimes, the way I do most often is just taking a plate, 10 pounds for starters is fine, and i usually do it standing, just keep your hands flat, palms facing each other, and bring the plate up to about chest level, and just bring it to your chest and push back out, in and out, i like to do 20 reps. Your front delts will get some burn, but it's light in my opinion, the bulk goes directly in that 'inner chest area', mind you it's all one slab of meat that you can't really isolate up down/top bottom, but just try it and tell you don't feel it more in that spot than anywhere else. And then as the weight feels lighter to you, you can add a plate, just the key is you maintain that form and that tight squeeze.

Then once you get the form down, you can even vary the movements, bringing it to the chest and moving it diagonally to the left or right, it's a completely different stretch and squeeze. Chest is easily one of my favorite things to work, so I'm always trying new stuff or ways to do old stuff. Next time you get in the gym, try it out, let me know what you think.

i feel you timbo, difference is at home you dont have the competitive atmosphere, the motivation and teamwork that comes along with crossfit, although you are resposible for your own sets, if you are the last one finishing, dudes all of a sudden get down on the floor and start doing the excersises with you, everyone gets amped, everyone sweats together, everuyone feels the same pain, thats really what you pay 200$...its alot more fun than doing something on your own, im on my 7th week, ive leaned down a bit, learn correct form, met some cool people and most important im enjoying fitness!....cant wait till summertime when we get to go out in the sun and work out outside....the other day they had us do rope pull-ups, holy crap!

lol son really google searched rice cakes not healthy. :rofl:

They are a better alternative than actual cheetos for a snack.

I'm all about real food and being healthy.  It's not just about "macros" and "calories" for me like most.  The profile on Quest's natural bars isn't bad at all.  I wouldn't just lump them in with every other bar out there and call it a day.

Last edited:
lol son really google searched rice cakes not healthy. :rofl:

They are a better alternative than actual cheetos for a snack.
Nah I know I always saw them on the lists of "fake healthy foods." - SO I just posted the google search.

Yea they are better than Cheetos but they still aren't good for you. Make some popcorn or something. Buy kernels, and cook them in a sauce pan.

Even better snack

Long *** day today at work but still managed to squeeze in a lift.

Half of the battle is what you do, the other half is what you do not do. Went to a group lunch today at work. About 10 deep. Bomb diggity pizza joint. Everyone around me is getting pizza. I had a chicken caesar salad. Sacrifices :pimp:

/\ repped cause pizza is my ultimate soft spot when it comes to cheating on my diet!
i eat good 6 days a week JUST so on my off day from the gym, i can eat two slices of pizza...
...go to this authentic italian spot that makes amazing buffalo and bbq pizza (i usually get one of each) which has HUGE chunks of breaded chicken that is DRENCHED in blue cheese and ranch, respectively.

SMH @ me. I know...
ironically enough, the next day I usually wake up the same weight... probably cause my diet/training is on point the other six days that this one cheat meal/day of not working out doesn't kill it.

I'm not trying to knock this guy at all. Even with his lacking lower body compared to upper, he has an incredible physique. I'm not even one to care whether someone has juiced or not. I see a good physique as a good physique...regardless of how it was achieved. But I think it's obvious that he isn't natty. Especially when it's common knowledge on what needs to be done in order to make it in the industry.

I'm sure you know there's a limit on what can be achieved naturally and that obviously varies from each individual, due to genetics. But even with that being said, I still feel confident about my assumption of him using.

If you had to choose whether or not you thought he was natty, would you honestly say yes? Or are you that nieve to believe that bullcrap he spouted?
You think shes natty?

Him?

Him?

Him?

Dont underestimate genetics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom