STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What kind of shoes are you guys working out in? My Free x Metcon's are so narrow and slice up my heel/achilles. Desperate for something new.

Socks for a lot of leg day stuff and dl.

Vans for the rest.

What this man said. If you had to pick ONE pair of shoes every day, I'd say Vans are your best bet.

I like Vault SK8 His/Slip Ons, but it's really down to what you'd prefer in terms of hi/low top.

What kind of shoes are you guys working out in? My Free x Metcon's are so narrow and slice up my heel/achilles. Desperate for something new.

I love Prestos, also go with the 270s, AM 2016 and occasionally the AJ1.

When I squatted it was Romaleos and Reebok crossfit for DL.

Squats: Rom 2's
Press: Rom 2's or Metcon 2's
Bench: Metcon 2's or 3's
Deads: Sabo DL shoes
Any other lifts: Metcon 2 or 3's
Running: Asics or Nike running shoes

Always go to the gym w/ at least 2 types of shoes, including the ones I wear in. Never keep less than 3 pairs in the trunk.:smh:

So I'm in the gym at the leg press machone and some OG behind me critiques my foot placement on the machine. I been lifting for about 20 years off and on so I think I have a good sense about form.

Anyway, he an OG so I humbled myself to hear what he has to say. He tells me that I should go online to find the correct position my feet should be on the machine.

I'm thinking to myself if you gonna check me than correct me also with the proper feet placement.

Was he doing to much or am I in my feelings?

When I see a cat in the gym doing something wrong I first ask if I can give some advice before I correct his lift.

Just started push pull legs

Love it so far. Did push today

Never liked push pull as I thought it was kinda wack compared to the bro split

Hope I make some great gains from this. Gonna keep reps 15 12 10 10 for everything for 3 weeks. Then jump to 5 5 5 5 the next 3 weeks

I use these for pretty much everything except squats and DL, which I usually just do in socks. They're pretty beat though so I need a replacement.

Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit (not my pic)
maxresdefault.jpg

Looking into getting a pair of NB Minimus since Eric Cressey swears by them. I'm a fan of minimalist sneakers for anything in the gym.

ux20nw7_nb_02_i.jpg

So I'm in the gym at the leg press machone and some OG behind me critiques my foot placement on the machine. I been lifting for about 20 years off and on so I think I have a good sense about form.

Anyway, he an OG so I humbled myself to hear what he has to say. He tells me that I should go online to find the correct position my feet should be on the machine.

I'm thinking to myself if you gonna check me than correct me also with the proper feet placement.

When I see a cat in the gym doing something wrong I first ask if I can give some advice before I correct his lift.
He told you to look it up instead of correcting you which tells me he didn't do that to help. It was to tell you you're bad.
Straight up disrespect and he must be dealt with.

He's a useless old fool. Disturbing your workout and not even giving any actual advice. Told you to look online...man if he doesn't get up outta there.

I just wear chucks for everything. I only do the basic lifts (bench, OHP, squat and DL). I know there are better options out there. I want a pair of Sabos but I can't cop shoes without trying on first and I would hate to have to send shoes back and forth til I find the right fit. Same with Romaleos.

I have a pair of DS no box Adipowers size 11 if anyone wants them for like $80. Color steel/gum.

Back on the Who Was CNS wagon to try and build my strength endurance back up. Gonna try BBB for the upper and multiple FSL for the lower.

5/3/1 [5's] Bench Press: W/U, Work sets, Jokers, and BBB 5x10 Sets...SS/ Wide-Grip Pull-ups (5 ea.)
Close-Grip Bench 3x5, RPT...SS/ Pull-ups
Incline DB Press 3x10
Cable Crossover 3x10
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
Decline Chest Pres 1x10,1xFailure [16]
Face Pulls 3x10

Forgot how it feels to obliterate a single muscle group. Boring But Big sets had me shaking on the bench.:rofl:

I just wear chucks for everything. I only do the basic lifts (bench, OHP, squat and DL). I know there are better options out there. I want a pair of Sabos but I can't cop shoes without trying on first and I would hate to have to send shoes back and forth til I find the right fit. Same with Romaleos.

I bought both without trying them on. Both fit true to size IMO, but I don't wear wides or narrows...

This is in general. Let these homies be and do your thing

I never help randoms unless they ask for it. I might be a bad person, but I'd rather watch these real-life gym fails than try to help all these cats out.

I'd say at my gym <10% people seem to know what they are doing. Everyone else lifts like a ****boy (or girl) and it shows in the lack of gains.

That feel when you see someone lifting the same weight for months on end, or see gym "regulars" on the permanent DYEL status. :sick::lol::smh:

I never help randoms unless they ask for it. I might be a bad person, but I'd rather watch these real-life gym fails than try to help all these cats out.

I'd say at my gym <10% people seem to know what they are doing. Everyone else lifts like a ****boy (or girl) and it shows in the lack of gains.

That feel when you see someone lifting the same weight for months on end, or see gym "regulars" on the permanent DYEL status. :sick::lol::smh:
Man the gym is one of those places where some people take things very personally. I’d rather stay away from all that. I’m also not down to sit and chat for 10mins so there’s that. Catch me in the sauna or something for a conversation

I feel bad for my girl sometimes. Guys be looking for any situation to "give you advice" or try to lift heavy in front of you.

Last time we went to the gym she was doing hip thrusts and some fat dude tried to talk to her about her glute activation...

I feel bad for my girl sometimes. Guys be looking for any situation to "give you advice" or try to lift heavy in front of you.

Last time we went to the gym she was doing hip thrusts and some fat dude tried to talk to her about her glute activation...
Somewhat in the same vein but instead of giving advice, getting asked for advice can prove to be hilarious.

99% of the time I wear long sleeves/ hoodies to the gym. The maybe 4 times I felt like bro-ing out and put on a tank in order to convince myself I wasn’t evaporating during a cut some of the questions are funny as hell.

“What do you eat?”

“What do you take?”

Me: “Creatine”

“Nah I mean what do you take?”:sick::lol:

Back
Top Bottom