STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If you're interested in a Life Time Fitness membership, use my Friends and Family link between now and 1/31 to get these perks:

• $0 joining fee
• $0 add on fee
• Monthly dues savings of $5 to $30 (depending on location)
• A one-hour Personal Training session to explore and experience equipment, discuss goals and develop a customized workout plan ($75 value)
• One month of kid’s group swim lessons for each junior added on to the membership ($70 value)

https://ims.mylt.com/ims/promo/frie...44093160&et_attr1=promotional#buildMembership

Just started getting back in the gym and eating cleaner to lose some weight. Have my calories at 500 defecit to lose 1 pound a week. Been at it for 5 days now and actually have gained 1 pound. My question to you guys is, how much do you guys let the weightscale dictate your progress. I’m reading things online saying pay more attention to mirror test and how clothes fit. The thing is it’s just so discouraging to weigh in in the morning and you gained weight. Ima keep at it, but eventually it’ll have to start going down right? Maybe upping my cardio could help kickstart the weight loss? Any suggestions?

Hang cleans after leg day is always a difficult one.

Stay thirsty my friends.

8CB5AF2D-4EFE-44AF-9B48-F0066BF8EFC7.jpeg

Just started getting back in the gym and eating cleaner to lose some weight. Have my calories at 500 defecit to lose 1 pound a week. Been at it for 5 days now and actually have gained 1 pound. My question to you guys is, how much do you guys let the weightscale dictate your progress. I’m reading things online saying pay more attention to mirror test and how clothes fit. The thing is it’s just so discouraging to weigh in in the morning and you gained weight. Ima keep at it, but eventually it’ll have to start going down right? Maybe upping my cardio could help kickstart the weight loss? Any suggestions?
When you say “gain weight” how much we talking?

You mentioned you just started losing weight/fat is a turtle kind of race.

When you say “gain weight” how much we talking?

You mentioned you just started losing weight/fat is a turtle kind of race.

Just about a pound or so. But by now I would think I would start making progress, but let’s see. Not gonna quit

Just about a pound or so. But by now I would think I would start making progress, but let’s see. Not gonna quit

5 days? Not trying to be a jerk here, but you need to give it at least a few weeks. If you hitting gym, you probably trading a little fat for a little muscle despite the caloric deficit (not trying to start that debate). It also depends on how you calculated your baseline caloric intake requirement. Those online calculators will not work for some folks. You might have to go through some trial and error by tracking your caloric intake, activity and weight over a period of time to get a good baseline.

Patience.. Watch your nutrition and push yourself at the gym and you will definitely see a big difference in a couple months. In the past when I would try to lose weight, it always took about 3 or 4 weeks before I would start to see a noticeable difference. Also don't forget, our bodies are mostly water and our weight can swing 5+ pounds from water weight gain/loss alone.

Throw the scale in the trash or at least in the closet.

Keep lifting and eat clean or in a defecit like you are doing. Don’t go all crazy with your diet. It’s gotta be sustainable or you’ll just get frustrated and quit. You should be able to do it forever and not have it stress you out.

Your weight is gonna go up and down dude. Don’t even get on the scale. Go off the mirror instead.

I’ll start the debate, you don’t need to be bulking to get stronger. I’ve cut like a mf and hit a pr last week.

You really telling me you’re using 100% of all your muscle from head to toe in a lift and you HAVE to add weight? Nah, you don’t need to be 200 pounds to squat 4 plates. Plenty of people with better technique can hit that at 160 pounds.

If you're interested in a Life Time Fitness membership, use my Friends and Family link between now and 1/31 to get these perks:

• $0 joining fee
• $0 add on fee
• Monthly dues savings of $5 to $30 (depending on location)
• A one-hour Personal Training session to explore and experience equipment, discuss goals and develop a customized workout plan ($75 value)
• One month of kid’s group swim lessons for each junior added on to the membership ($70 value)

https://ims.mylt.com/ims/promo/frie...44093160&et_attr1=promotional#buildMembership

About how much is a typical monthly payment at Lifetime?

Cannot relate, on permabulk til I'm at least 225.

Not sure why everyone worries so much about the scale though, probably because they don't know any better.

I'd be much worried about body composition (bf %, lean muscle mass, etc) versus trying to stay under some arbitrary weight number.

Exactly. My version of a cut is 3 meals a day instead of 5. Still eating a bunch of carbs but only near my workouts.

I got veins poppin now so I’m doing something right, but I’m still the same weight. Scale only tells half the story. I’m not trying to lose weight, I’m trying to get leaner.

During my wrestling days we’d cut weight due to working out in a 125 degree barn and still get stronger. Diet was good too. Yes it’s possible. I think people either think of exercise as either the super lean show ready guy or the fat “power lifter”. Plenty of other types. There’s also “lifting” and real work. People lift everyday and don’t know want real exhaustion is. Montage everyday or stay gone lol

:pimp:

Idk about your job but at mine saturdays are the best. Time and a half to work for two hours and grill for 3. :lol:

Man I love and hate Saturday OT. I love it cuz it's good money and I do **** all but hate it cuz I don't go box in the morning. Made up my cardio today though.

Also found out there's a lobster wholesaler nearby :lol:

Yeah I feel you. It’s cool at first then your 8th Saturday in a row you’re like **** the money I got **** to do. :lol:

Good luck on the lobster plug. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom