STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Made a few subtle changes to my diet...nothing too crazy, just no pasta/bread/desserts but I've dropped 14 pounds since Jan 1. I feel MUCH better also. I usually stay between 190-195, but weighed myself at 208 right after Christmas and had to shed some weight.

Was doing heavy singles on DL yesterday and hit a 505. Pervious PR was 500 2 years ago. Didn't go over 450 since then. Just focused on form and reps at a moderately heavy weight. Was moving pretty good yesterday and got 495 up w/ great speed. Went for 505 and nailed it. Had more in the tank, but stopped there. Might try for 515 in a week or so.

Hey guys. I know we mentio mental health once in awhile for overall well being. Can NT fitness fam lend help and consider following my private practice page on IG. Thank you! And don’t forget self care for you mind combined with killing it I’m training!

Instagram.com/awakecounseling

If you ever have any questions about therapy or mental health or relationship issues feel free to PM me. I know I’ve talked to a few cats in here already

Been doing light upper body work and stretching the last couple weeks ever since I got the ok to put weight on my knee. I've always known I wasn't flexible, but now I know just how not flexible I am. :lol:
Also doing my own mini pt. Calf raises, leg raises, hip activation, etc. Just want to get enough range of motion back to walk normally and drive asap.
Take care of you knee's boys. I wouldn't wish any type of knee injury on my worst enemy.

blastercombo blastercombo Got some interlocking gym matting coming in today. I'll you know how it works out. I was gonna get those horse stall mats from Tractor Supply but seemed like too much of a hassle and more than I want to spend. The Amazon joints I ordered are really well reviewed.

blastercombo blastercombo Got some interlocking gym matting coming in today. I'll you know how it works out. I was gonna get those horse stall mats from Tractor Supply but seemed like too much of a hassle and more than I want to spend. The Amazon joints I ordered are really well reviewed.
For sure man. Which from amazon?

Amazon product ASIN B0719B8HQZ
Based on the stock pic they look sketchy, but they're well reviewed and the customer images look good. I'm only covering a concrete floor too.

Untitled.png
Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png

Do you guys measure meat raw or cooked? I personally do it raw. For example let’s say I have a pound of chicken breast. I’ll enter 8 oz into mfp for 1 meal and 8 0z for another. I’ll cook the pound, and after I cook it, the meat will weight weigh around 12 oz all together. I think this is due to water loss and less volume. I’ll then divide it into to 6 oz portions, but I’ll stick enter it in as 8 oz. do you guys think this is accurate? Am I over compensating, and should just weigh it cooked?

Do you guys measure meat raw or cooked? I personally do it raw. For example let’s say I have a pound of chicken breast. I’ll enter 8 oz into mfp for 1 meal and 8 0z for another. I’ll cook the pound, and after I cook it, the meat will weight weigh around 12 oz all together. I think this is due to water loss and less volume. I’ll then divide it into to 6 oz portions, but I’ll stick enter it in as 8 oz. do you guys think this is accurate? Am I over compensating, and should just weigh it cooked?
I measure my meat with my hands. 2 hands for one thing of meat is a good size if you have some still hanging out with closed fists

I measure raw. So when I prep I’ll weigh all the meat then reweigh after it’s cooked and divide

I measure raw. So when I prep I’ll weigh all the meat then reweigh after it’s cooked and divide

This is how I do it. It’s just hard to believe that I’m intaking 50 grams of protein from 6 oz of weighed chicken, but I guess it be like that :/

always go raw

....wait wut?

Been doing light upper body work and stretching the last couple weeks ever since I got the ok to put weight on my knee. I've always known I wasn't flexible, but now I know just how not flexible I am. :lol:
Also doing my own mini pt. Calf raises, leg raises, hip activation, etc. Just want to get enough range of motion back to walk normally and drive asap.
Take care of you knee's boys. I wouldn't wish any type of knee injury on my worst enemy.

what happened to your knee?

i’ve been ending my workouts with a quick 10 minutes stretch routine. it’s not much but been feeling pretty good

3x40 sec weighted planks (25lb) almost made me pass out fam. I better have abs thicker than a bowl of oatmeal after this

Lat pulldowns
Cable rows
Standing lat pushdowns
Rear delt cable fly
Squat-
315/8 reps
365/6 reps

Bench press-
275/4 reps(w/ spotter)
315/2 reps(w/ spotter)
Underhand grip press
135-15reps
185-6reps

TBar row-4 plates, 12-15 reps

Tricep rope pulldowns

Wierd workout for me but it felt good.
Now off for the nxt three days.

Aight short gym rant real quick. Was trying to grab a 35 lb dumbbell to do some supersets in between my shoulder workout so I look over and of course there’s a dude curling right in front of the 35s blocking the rack. So I go about my set and wait till he’s done to go over there and grab one. He walks away some so I go to grab ONE 35 out of the 4 that’s sitting there. I start walking away and buddy says “Oh I’m using that man”. So I’m like “Bruh, you’re using ALL FOUR?” So he says “Nah but I’m using those on the bottom cause they’re easier to put back on the rack”. I thought he was just joking and messing with me but I see he doesn’t change facial expressions or anything so I’m like “Bruh, are you serious?” Like not only are you blocking the rack but you’re claiming the 35 lb dumbbells because they on the bottom of the rack? I went to go grab one off the top and move it to the bottom to show dude how much of a ****ing clown he was for acting like he can’t move a 35 lb dumbbell down a level but he stops me like “nah nevermind man don’t worry about it.” I can understand if they were 100s or something but bro it’s thirty five ****ing pounds

What's a good brand of boxing gloves? Both quality and price.

Knocked the padding out my joints, pretty much hitting the bag with a leather gloves on :lol:

Back
Top Bottom