STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

blastercombo blastercombo Got the rack and those Amazon mats set up. They seem like they'll be great for the concrete floor. They're sturdier and flatter than I thought they would be. I might buy 1 horse stall mat from tractor supply to move around for squats and deads, but I'm not sure yet. Excuse the dust. I was walking around in my socks tracking dust from the floor.

20190208_200526.jpg

blastercombo blastercombo Got the rack and those Amazon mats set up. They seem like they'll be great for the concrete floor. They're sturdier and flatter than I thought they would be. I might buy 1 horse stall mat from tractor supply to move around for squats and deads, but I'm not sure yet. Excuse the dust. I was walking around in my socks tracking dust from the floor.

20190208_200526.jpg
Nice. Fill that wall with mirrors. Changes everything

Benching 140 for 3 sets of 5, it's easy for my chest, it's the locking out that is slow and the hard part of the lift

Crucial time to get my caloric surplus else I'll stall at that weight. I find eating the hardest part

What's up NT family, hope you all had a great weekend! Let's crush this week :nthat:.

I've thoroughly enjoyed lurking in here and watching everyone kill it.
Just wanted to update you all on my progress for my fitness journey. I made my first post in here in December and today I officially passed the 60 pound weight loss mark! It's been a bit tough to stay on the grind due to the holiday season, going on a trip to Europe, and the semester starting back up again but I've been able to keep the grind going.

I need to take measurements again to see the actual difference but this has truly been the best thing to ever happen to me. Nothing is more exciting then copping new clothes and having the confidence to rock different styles/fits that I didn't feel comfortable wearing before. When I started this back in May, I never really had a goal in mind of where I wanted to be. I just kept pushing to drop the pounds and become leaner.

I'm currently at 148.6 and want to focus more on putting on muscle and building my muscle definition. It's been a bit tough because I haven't had the time to go to the gym with my current involvements so I've been continuing the at-home workout videos/programs and gradually upping my dumbbell weight. Additionally, as a vegetarian, I'm not exactly familiar with how to build up my body more. I've been watching some videos on how to do this as a vegetarian, and it seems that most of them focus on eating tofu, eggs whites, and almost anything to get the protein intake up. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful articles/experience in this please let me know! I do keep beans, lentils, veggie burgers, imitation meatballs, protein shakes, etc... as a part of my diet but trying to think of ways to take things to the next level.

Here are some recent progress pics I've taken (May/September/Today):

51812048_2217096474977701_835090823736459264_n.jpg

51591267_373358406553112_8306350408389885952_n.jpg

51608745_368678223716223_3189978940676505600_n.jpg

51936839_256968138535318_8271066672232660992_n.jpg

Benching 140 for 3 sets of 5, it's easy for my chest, it's the locking out that is slow and the hard part of the lift

Crucial time to get my caloric surplus else I'll stall at that weight. I find eating the hardest part

nice man. when you lock out, make sure it's not a momentum push, bc you're forcing the tension to your elbows. keep it smooth. if you're going tempo, extend to just before lockout to keep the constant pressure on your pecs.

20190208_200526.jpg

Basement gym brethren :nthat:

What's up NT family, hope you all had a great weekend! Let's crush this week :nthat:.

I've thoroughly enjoyed lurking in here and watching everyone kill it.
Just wanted to update you all on my progress for my fitness journey. I made my first post in here in December and today I officially passed the 60 pound weight loss mark! It's been a bit tough to stay on the grind due to the holiday season, going on a trip to Europe, and the semester starting back up again but I've been able to keep the grind going.

I need to take measurements again to see the actual difference but this has truly been the best thing to ever happen to me. Nothing is more exciting then copping new clothes and having the confidence to rock different styles/fits that I didn't feel comfortable wearing before. When I started this back in May, I never really had a goal in mind of where I wanted to be. I just kept pushing to drop the pounds and become leaner.

I'm currently at 148.6 and want to focus more on putting on muscle and building my muscle definition. It's been a bit tough because I haven't had the time to go to the gym with my current involvements so I've been continuing the at-home workout videos/programs and gradually upping my dumbbell weight. Additionally, as a vegetarian, I'm not exactly familiar with how to build up my body more. I've been watching some videos on how to do this as a vegetarian, and it seems that most of them focus on eating tofu, eggs whites, and almost anything to get the protein intake up. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful articles/experience in this please let me know! I do keep beans, lentils, veggie burgers, imitation meatballs, protein shakes, etc... as a part of my diet but trying to think of ways to take things to the next level.

Here are some recent progress pics I've taken (May/September/Today):

51812048_2217096474977701_835090823736459264_n.jpg

51591267_373358406553112_8306350408389885952_n.jpg

51608745_368678223716223_3189978940676505600_n.jpg

51936839_256968138535318_8271066672232660992_n.jpg

Damn, what did you do to lose all that weight?

Damn, what did you do to lose all that weight?
I posted a lot about what I was doing on this page a while ago: https://niketalk.com/threads/stay-g...k-a-new-thread.500128/page-3393#post-31057586

But for the bulk of my journey over the summer I was following a variety of workout programs via Beach Body while also significantly changing my diet. I cut my portions down a lot and ate cleaner. I honestly was pretty strict with myself and I still have been pretty strict recently, but I'm trying to learn to loosen up a bit. Thankfully with my current class schedule, I've been able to workout everyday and continue to eat healthy during the week so that's been working well.
Definitely down to try and answer any specific question you might have or something like that!

I mean you got the hardest part down already so the rest should be easier for you.

Lifting weights and going to the gym is easy.

Good job man.

Idk much about getting bigger as a vegetarian, that would be tough for me. I did used to make these yogurt bulk bowls that were like 60g protein and 1000 calories. :lol: just a bunch of full fat yogurt, nuts, granola and honey.

I mean you got the hardest part down already so the rest should be easier for you.

Lifting weights and going to the gym is easy.

Good job man.

Idk much about getting bigger as a vegetarian, that would be tough for me. I did used to make these yogurt bulk bowls that were like 60g protein and 1000 calories. :lol: just a bunch of full fat yogurt, nuts, granola and honey.
Appreciate it, no doubt. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make that happen but I'm interested in trying lol

You’ll figure it out man. It’s not really that hard. Even if you’re eating too little and lifting hard you’re still gonna profit.

Just play around with it.

When I do seated dumbell presses, my hands rotate and the dumbells aren't facing each other at the top? How do I fix this

Why do you need to fix it?

If you lift with them at a 45 degree angle it’s easier on your shoulders.

When I do seated dumbell presses, my hands rotate and the dumbells aren't facing each other at the top? How do I fix this

so the palms of your hands are facing each other or facing forward?

so the palms of your hands are facing each other or facing forward?

They both facing forward but both hands are never really symmetric. I want the two dumbells to be in a straight line but they never are. My forearms always turn when I raise the dumbbell

anyone here ever do a liquid fast? im doing a 21 day liquid fast. incorporating some nuts in my mouf and mybe fruit. big pawse

They both facing forward but both hands are never really symmetric. I want the two dumbells to be in a straight line but they never are. My forearms always turn when I raise the dumbbell

Does this happen with heavy and light weight? If only with heavy weight, you might need to go a little lighter and work on your form until you get the form you want. Sorry if I'm stating obvious, not sure how much you know.

Why do you need to fix it?

If you lift with them at a 45 degree angle it’s easier on your shoulders.

I have them around 45 but the problem is the dumbbells aren't mirrored, they point in different directions when I raise them

Back
Top Bottom