STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm not strict on my calories...

As far as protein, as long as I hit the minimum, I'm good. Carbs and fats vary per day.

Thanks brody.

So from the site I'm to do:

2340-2730 calories per day.
204-238 grams protein.
263-307 carbs.
52-60 fats
Did a mock up of what i will eat tomorrow and had exactly 2341 calories with.

Does this sound about right?

EDIT: just upped calories to 2730.

now it's a bit different. so if i find myself short on carbs, proteins, fats for the day. what's a good source of something to hit macros?

iLLest!
Since your bulking man just make sure you hit your protein requirements and that your eating at a calorie surplus. And just try to keep it as clean a bulk as possible. Judging by your body type, no romo, I would eat at about 3k a day and see if you gain. If you ever find yourself coming up short on calories I would eat something thats high in good carbs, like sweet potatoes, brown rice or wheat pasta. Most important thing is to not make your nutrition harder then it should be, and since your bulking you can get away with more versus someone like me who is cutting at 1,800 cals a day.

Last edited:
1. Thanks for the info on macros/micros. Gonna look into those sites tonight. Looks kinda tough to check everything through out the day but ima learn to manage. Sure it's simpler than it sounds. Only thing with myfitnesspal is i feel it doesn't have everything. Like if i want to specify what i got in my chipotle i gotta try to find a stores burrito similar to what i got.

2. Also how do y'all pick your caloric goal? Do you just put your goal into mfp and have them tell you what to reach?

iLLest!

1. Use the chipotle nutrition calculator feature and "create food" on MFP using the info given, boom problem solved.

2. Macro calculators, or use the formula on the BB link someone provided earlier.

Last edited:
I'm blown bruhs. My gym was replacing old equipment during the day, so all the dudes that lift were stuck in 1 corner of the gym with limited equipment.

I still hit and pulled a decent workout, but I felt I could've gone above and beyond had the equipment been ready.

Still killed my shoulders though, so I'll call it a bad workout, and be ready to go harder come Friday.

I'm blown bruhs. My gym was replacing old equipment during the day, so all the dudes that lift were stuck in 1 corner of the gym with limited equipment.

I still hit and pulled a decent workout, but I felt I could've gone above and beyond had the equipment been ready.

Still killed my shoulders though, so I'll call it a bad workout, and be ready to go harder come Friday.

We all have those days bro.
I remember a few weeks ago there was a huge water leak in my gym and it was on one entire side of the gym where all the squat racks and most of the bench's were. They taped around that whole area and there were 100 dudes tryna work out on a few machines on the other side of the gym.

Ruined my workout :stoneface:
Just took the L, and went back the next day when things were back to normal and i got it in.

Got soccer tonight....but gonna hit the gym before anyway get a nice back work out in and do some light cardio.

I remember a few weeks ago there was a huge water leak in my gym and it was on one entire side of the gym where all the squat racks and most of the bench's were. They taped around that whole area and there were 100 dudes tryna work out on a few machines on the other side of the gym.

Ruined my workout
indifferent.gif

Just took the L, and went back the next day when things were back to normal and i got it in.
Always a pain, lol.  Working out with damn caution tape all around you and ****.
laugh.gif

Ruined my workout :stoneface:

Always a pain, lol.  Working out with damn caution tape all around you and ****. :lol:

Yup. It's a 24 hr gym too, so why they were doing it during the day baffles me.

Has anyone tried AthleanX? I bought it a while ago (impulse buy, ha) and have been extremely busy. Trying to get back in shape and was thinking of trying it out, just wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

What's a good weight training routine for someone just starting out ? I haven't seen a weight room in about 3 years? :smh:

Thanks brody.

So from the site I'm to do:

2340-2730 calories per day.

204-238 grams protein.

263-307 carbs.

52-60 fats

Did a mock up of what i will eat tomorrow and had exactly 2341 calories with.

Does this sound about right?

EDIT: just upped calories to 2730.

now it's a bit different. so if i find myself short on carbs, proteins, fats for the day. what's a good source of something to hit macros?

iLLest!
Since your bulking man just make sure you hit your protein requirements and that your eating at a calorie surplus. And just try to keep it as clean a bulk as possible. Judging by your body type, no romo, I would eat at about 3k a day and see if you gain. If you ever find yourself coming up short on calories I would eat something thats high in good carbs, like sweet potatoes, brown rice or wheat pasta. Most important thing is to not make your nutrition harder then it should be, and since your bulking you can get away with more versus someone like me who is cutting at 1,800 cals a day.

Yep. HIt your macros and fill the rest up with clean carbs. Also. Lift heavy and focus on compound movements. Don't do any of those Men's Health workouts with twenty weird lifts with 20lb dumbells. Stick with Bench/Overhead Press/Bent Over Rows/Squat/Deadlift/Curls. You need to be raising the weight on all of your lifts every workout, or at least every week. That should be no problem if you getting enough calories and meeting your macros every day. Start with a lower weight and work yourself up.

Thanks y'all. Today's day 1 of officially counting macros! It's actually kind of fun!

Goals:

2730 Calories
307 Carbs
239 Protein
61 Fats

i'm like a couple short on each for the day (already mapped what i will eat) so ima go to the grocery and buy a bunch of things i could use as fill ins.

iLLest!
Enjoy counting macros while you can, it gets annoying after a while. Its become such a chore especially when you wanna try different foods & recipes & things like that. I haven't covered macros in maybe 3 years, almost 4. I basically just ballpark everything. 

Good luck with that though & let us know in a couple weeks how thats going.

Finally getting around to commenting on this.

While I completely agree that movement is the optimal goal, I think youre going off in a different direction than responding to the message I was trying to convey.

I agree that moving from open to closed kinetic chain movements should be more engaging and interesting due to the complexity of the movements. However, when one finds closed chain exercises boring and mundane, where does the progression go from there? When those types of movements are boring and uninteresting, its not an exercise issue (ex: db press, etc) and more of a mentality issue.

While I think some of the ideas in the video are really useful, some of it is "hippie-ish". Training movements is important, but theres a point where many of those movements arent correlated to any activity besides just doing that movement.

Boredom isn't related to exercises, that's a cognitive issue and no matter what exercises are recommended, they'll all become boring pretty rapidly.

Just because a movement doesn't necessarily correlate to another activity doesn't mean that it doesn't provide benefit. People rarely ever perform power cleans in day-to-day living, but they can still be beneficial. Similar for rope climbs and other movement patterns. Sure, some skills are not directly related and the benefits are not as great for GPP. Handstands provide shoulder stability, proprioception, and body tension benefits, but those skills are not noticed much in tasks of daily living.

I agree, people need to understand that training isn't always fun and sometimes you have to push through those emotions. But everyone gets bored at some point by doing the same movements, reps, sets, rest periods, etc. after some period of time. Its inevitable and all I'm suggesting is to be prepared. Just like you know you will be hungry for dinner and keep it prepared, you should expect boredom due to lack of variation and be ready to completely switch it up.

Some people find it boring to be using mostly open kinetic chain movements. Change that to closed kinetic chain movements where they are moving and they are no longer bored, unmotivated, etc. Just a thought...

ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHED shoulders and traps today.

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Rest day tomorrow, got a tattoo appointment so that works out great. Then friday...

CHEST BABY

LETS GET IT BOYZZZZ

so today our WOD was

1 weighted hanging pullups, 3 hanging pullups, 3 kipping pullups all done without dropping for 3X

then 50 walking lounges with barbell, i did 65lbs

finished off by a little competition with medicine balls, 2 50's, 2 40's, 3 30's, 3 20's we had to pick them up from one side of the gym to the next, about 100 meters, it was a 1 on 1 competition, i got paired up with some girl, she beat me by 3 seconds, shorty was fast as FFFF!

Back
Top Bottom