STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I always have trouble with the forward leg in split squats. Somedays i think I'm lunged out too far or too close.

sit on the edge of the bench/box with your legs out. where your feet hit is where your front foot should be

Haven't posted in here in a bit but I just added this to the home gym. Had been waiting for it to restock and have always heard it's a pretty good combination or price/quality for home gyms. Valor CB-14

valor-fitness-valor-fitness-cb-14-plate-loaded-seated-row-machine.jpg

just came back from my sports doctor today to do some evaluation. went to assess some soreness on my calf injury then compared the mri scans from months ago. confirmed grade 3 tear and prohibit me from doing competitive basketball til cleared. going for an updated MRI scan in a few weeks and see what kind and degree of rehab work can be done. bummer.

right now, just doing lightweights and BFR to speed up my recovery. quite sore after pressing that injured area.

I always have trouble with the forward leg in split squats. Somedays i think I'm lunged out too far or too close.

I think the further out your front foot goes, the more emphasis on the hams/glutes whereas a closer front foot puts more emphasis on the quads. I like to mix it up. I also think how you push through your front foot matters. Like if I'm focusing on pushing through my heel it definitely hits my hams/glutes more.

My biggest issue is balance when I start to go heavier.

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here in a bit but I just added this to the home gym. Had been waiting for it to restock and have always heard it's a pretty good combination or price/quality for home gyms. Valor CB-14

tell us how sturdy it is. I have to get a new adjustable bench as the the old is about to collapse. :rofl:

tell us how sturdy it is. I have to get a new adjustable bench as the the old is about to collapse. :rofl:

I also bought this last year from Powertec and it's super sturdy and has some good attachment options. I already got the leg extension/curl one.

rp_1-13096%2520Powertec%2520WB-MP11_LARGE.jpg
powertec-workbench-multipress-rows.webp

maxresdefault.jpg

81JGcCVm5LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know some people hate them but I've never had an issue. Never go <90° during the eccentric phase of the movement and stay in the high rep range with lower resistance. It's essentially doing kickbacks for my quads at the end of legs.

never got to hate any from what I have been doing. the only time that I would hate it if I haven't done it yet and doing it wrong.

sit on the edge of the bench/box with your legs out. where your feet hit is where your front foot should be

I think the further out your front foot goes, the more emphasis on the hams/glutes whereas a closer front foot puts more emphasis on the quads. I like to mix it up. I also think how you push through your front foot matters. Like if I'm focusing on pushing through my heel it definitely hits my hams/glutes more.

My biggest issue is balance when I start to go heavier.

Solid info & tips. About to get in the lab.

This week will decide if I exceed my goal for my 1 year of being consistent with gym / weights.

Last week I hit 70lbs lost in a year.
This upcoming week if I can hit 75 I’ll consider that “exceeded”.. might shed a thug tear.
I'm still a long way to go, but I'll do my share of hardwork before I'll shed some man tears.

I'm still a long way to go, but I'll do my share of hardwork before I'll shed some man tears.
I’ll be here cheering bro. Go get it!

My work ain’t done yet.. pushing to 100 before I call it and start possibly a tiny bulk. Every milestone I smile and quickly think of Kobe in the finals.. “work not done. Work done?”

Looks good, hard for me purchase a truly single movement machine for my home gym though

Alright fitness folks - you get a “last meal”

What is it?

Tank Top Master Tank Top Master if you say or think anything unhealthy fam just know you a phony

I'm getting McDonald's and I never claimed to be a member of "fitness folk" so you can call me a phony if you want.
1652497774677.png
'

Also, if it's my last meal why would I care about eating "healthy" or not?
1652497833835.png

SHEEEEESH! bruh, did you put on 55lbs in year!? if so, what was that transition like tho? did you maintain it?how tall are you & what weight are you at now?

so a couple questions for you experienced lifters, how do y’all deal with (and recover from) nagging injuries/pain with compound lifts? do you seek out a doctor/medical/physio? just train around it?

for barbell deadlifts & squats how often, if at all, do you do variations and/or change things like depths, foot positioning, stances, etc.?

Almost never and the majority of my training is composed of compound barbell movements (≈67-100%) of my training, depending on the current workout split. I back squat, front squat, deadlift, flat bench, overhead press, and Pendlay row. Sometimes I'll do incline bench or close-grip bench if a program requires them.

Nagging injuries/pain are prolly not because of the movements themselves: could be due to poor form, lack of mobi work, a weakpoint getting exaggerated, etc. Only been to a doc once for a sprain and other than that I work through issues (i.e. I almost always keep doing the movement).

Lastly:
  • I don't change squat depth (my depth is what it is and anything less than parallel is unacceptable; anything more than just below parallel is excessive). Stance and foot positioning don't change; I don't even think about them when squatting.
  • I train deadlifts primarily using a conventional stance but can 'switch-hit' to sumo for competitions or as programmed in my training.

Almost never and the majority of my training is composed of compound barbell movements (≈67-100%) of my training, depending on the current workout split. I back squat, front squat, deadlift, flat bench, overhead press, and Pendlay row. Sometimes I'll do incline bench or close-grip bench if a program requires them.

Nagging injuries/pain are prolly not because of the movements themselves: could be due to poor form, lack of mobi work, a weakpoint getting exaggerated, etc. Only been to a doc once for a sprain and other than that I work through issues (i.e. I almost always keep doing the movement).

Lastly:
  • I don't change squat depth (my depth is what it is and anything less than parallel is unacceptable; anything more than just below parallel is excessive). Stance and foot positioning don't change; I don't even think about them when squatting.
  • I train deadlifts primarily using a conventional stance but can 'switch-hit' to sumo for competitions or as programmed in my training.

so do you make a distinction between pain & soreness? and would that impact how/if you train? is there a reason you don’t switch up depth, stances &/or variations unless programmed?

does anyone here rock with @kneesovertoesguy stuff off ig/youtube? been having some knee pain flare up this week so been trying some of his reverse sled drags, kept the squats lightweight but have been surprised how heavy i been able to box squat and deficit deadlift

after a few days (4days) of skipping and getting back in shape, I managed to overcome my laziness and got my butt up for a good beating. went out for an interval short sprints on a 400m oval. quite gassed and quite out of shape although it felt really good. my previously injured calf is managing so far. be doing it again tomorrow and could be longer.

Hope everyone’s Thursday is going well.

Weighed in officially at 75lbs down this morning. I started working out late May / early June last year.. so I’ve officially lost 75lbs in 1 year. Ngl I shed a tear, yall. Never thought this was going to be possible. Just kept pushing.

Gonna go throw it all away at Disneyland for 3 days once Sunday hits, but once I come back it’ll be back on the grind for the long push for 100lbs.

Hope everyone’s Thursday is going well.

Weighed in officially at 75lbs down this morning. I started working out late May / early June last year.. so I’ve officially lost 75lbs in 1 year. Ngl I shed a tear, yall. Never thought this was going to be possible. Just kept pushing.

Gonna go throw it all away at Disneyland for 3 days once Sunday hits, but once I come back it’ll be back on the grind for the long push for 100lbs.
150 lbs? that would be the dream for me. although I would be extremely happy to even hit 175 lbs?

Back
Top Bottom