STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

you know you’re getting old when stuff just starts hurting and you don’t know why 😮‍💨

i don’t max out that often but when i do it’s never planned, never had to think about the ‘best way’ to do it but this was kinda enlightening:

BMI only useful for medical professionals in regards to being eligible for surgery etc.

For the regular person trying to get / stay in shape, weight and eye test are the only things you need.

Russ did a lot for powerlifting. Really brought it out to the light for the younger people.

He’s hella corny sometimes but his success in the sport is unmatched for his weight class.

Being coached by one of the greatest powerlifting coaches in the world + his work ethic and genetics…. He was destined to be great.

Russ did a lot for powerlifting. Really brought it out to the light for the younger people.

He’s hella corny sometimes but his success in the sport is unmatched for his weight class.

Being coached by one of the greatest powerlifting coaches in the world + his work ethic and genetics…. He was destined to be great.
That little beef he had with Pitre + Swole Professor calling out Joey was wild corny.
Salute to Pitre and Martha for still lifting in dude gym tho because of the vibes:lol::lol:

You def cant deny Russ’s talent but as you said he comes off insecure and corny alot of times.

just visited my local gym this morning since before Covid. a few things have changed and have expanded to double. number of gym goers also increased and the amount of annoying people using the bench/machines as resting place while texting. other than that, it was a good day. only spent 1/4 of my typical routine but I'd glady increase it over the succeeding weeks. neck is holding up so far but the rest of my arms and chest feels like they are about to rip. ok, going to the wash thread now. :lol:

Does anyone else's La Fitness suck.

None of the dumbbells go back, let alone go back to the right place.

Every time I go when it opens (5am) it looks like no one picked up after themselves and tissue paper all on the floor.

Just a horrible place lol.

Does anyone else's La Fitness suck.

None of the dumbbells go back, let alone go back to the right place.

Every time I go when it opens (5am) it looks like no one picked up after themselves and tissue paper all on the floor.

Just a horrible place lol.
they should start enforcing rules. warnings and revocation of membership.

I don’t even complain about stuff like that anymore, you just begin to realize it’s a small part of the gym culture lol
guess I'm lucky so far. my local gym goers pretty much have gym etiquette and mr. stinker finally got the memo to shower before contaminating the equipment with B/O. of course there are those occasional one and done visitors that are given the stink eye if ever they try to pull those kinds of behavior.

day after day 1 and felt like I got hit by a truck since last night. not feeling any burns so far but my soreness is worse than I normally get after workout. maybe rushed myself and got pretty excited with using the equipment at the gym again. no, I haven't taken any pain pills yet. I'll see later and today is Day 2.

guess I'm lucky so far. my local gym goers pretty much have gym etiquette and mr. stinker finally got the memo to shower before contaminating the equipment with B/O. of course there are those occasional one and done visitors that are given the stink eye if ever they try to pull those kinds of behavior.

day after day 1 and felt like I got hit by a truck since last night. not feeling any burns so far but my soreness is worse than I normally get after workout. maybe rushed myself and got pretty excited with using the equipment at the gym again. no, I haven't taken any pain pills yet. I'll see later and today is Day 2.
Let’s gooooo, keep grinding!

The other day, There was a very large male dressed as a female

I felt no disrespect or ill will until they loaded up the bench w 3 plates and did 2 quarter reps

hey that adds up to a half rep :lol:

see that all the time on the leg press. dudes load up like 10+ plates go down a half inch scream like they got shot and go back up.

Only thing that annoys me is people using benches for their phones and drinks.
That's not really annoying to me. Nothing a "this your phone? I'm tryna use this bench" can't resolve.

What's annoying is people not putting weights back. Out here searching for the other dumbbell or coming to the power rack to squat nd there's weight on a bar someone was deadlifting so I gotta unload the weight before I set up. That's annoying af.

Thankfully I don't go to commercial gyms anymore. Folks at both spots I go to are good with this stuff, but back in the day man smh

The other day, There was a very large male dressed as a female

I felt no disrespect or ill will until they loaded up the bench w 3 plates and did 2 quarter reps

i don’t judge because you never know what a person is training for or their rationale for why they are doing whatever…

That's not really annoying to me. Nothing a "this your phone? I'm tryna use this bench" can't resolve.

What's annoying is people not putting weights back. Out here searching for the other dumbbell or coming to the power rack to squat nd there's weight on a bar someone was deadlifting so I gotta unload the weight before I set up. That's annoying af.

Thankfully I don't go to commercial gyms anymore. Folks at both spots I go to are good with this stuff, but back in the day man smh

some folk are super passive aggressive tho 😂, they’ll give the 👀 for a hot second before exasperatedly asking

i used to be dumbfounded about people putting the weights back & the general disorder of the arrangement of weights & equipment but then i accidentally made the mistake of hitting the gym at peak time and in the chaos of packed gym i now understand how gyms get so unorganized 😂

for me though it is. like saying I'll stay here til someone comes over and tell me to move my butt off. it's not like they are trying to catch their breath or just finished a set which is understandable. like staying there for 15 minutes browsing over their phones. hell, I even vacate the bench and go to a corner to change my playlist. guess certain people are not mindful of others nowadays. having said that, those certain folks are not regulars so it made sense they don't have any proper gym etiquette.

for me though it is. like saying I'll stay here til someone comes over and tell me to move my butt off. it's not like they are trying to catch their breath or just finished a set which is understandable. like staying there for 15 minutes browsing over their phones. hell, I even vacate the bench and go to a corner to change my playlist. guess certain people are not mindful of others nowadays. having said that, those certain folks are not regulars so it made sense they don't have any proper gym etiquette.
What? This a completely different scenario than the post I responded to.

Dude said people using benches for their phones/drinks.

Back
Top Bottom