STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Sup bros, practicing my handstand progression...lol

**flamesuit ready...lol

Btw great progress up there, almost inspired me to post some pics.

:pimp:

This should be the default avy for every new member.

Killed shoulders this morning.

This new split has been good/fun so far.  Chest and Tri's tomorrow!!!!
Is there a way you can avoid doing chest/tris and shoulders on back to back days?

I severely sprained my ankle a couple nights ago so I'm resting and on crutches. Shouldn't be able to get a lift in until next week at the earliest. Hope the mandatory deload will give me some much needed physical and mental rest.
I guess I could switch chest with back.  Then it would be Back & Bi > Chest & Tri > Legs > Shoulders > Back & Bi.

Why you ask?  You wouldn't suggest doing Chest followed by Shoulders?

I guess I could switch chest with back.  Then it would be Back & Bi > Chest & Tri > Legs > Shoulders > Back & Bi.

I wouldn't either. Your shoulders get hit pretty good during your chest. If you are going to dedicate a day to them, give them some time to rest. And in my opinion they def dont need a whole day, pair them with legs. Someone else a few pages back said they don't even hit them separately, just throw in a few exercises on chest day and that's it. It's all preference though.

Ksteezy I had to.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

--

Anyways..

Regarding chest...

How many sets/reps do you guys do on the bench.

Do you guys also incline and decline? :nerd:

Im looking into potentially changing up my routine.

I wouldn't either. Your shoulders get hit pretty good during your chest. If you are going to dedicate a day to them, give them some time to rest. And in my opinion they def dont need a whole day, pair them with legs. Someone else a few pages back said they don't even hit them separately, just throw in a few exercises on chest day and that's it. It's all preference though.
Good looks on the help.

Welp. Shoulder bothering me again, so back to PT on Monday.

You may want to look into "ART", Active Release Technique. It's very effective for increasing soft tissue health, which may be your problem. They usually have you go for 4+ sessions, but the initial results should be noticeable.

Sup bros, practicing my handstand progression...lol

The headstand will not get you to performing a handstand. Yes, you will get used to being inverted, but there are other, better ways to do that. Don't get me wrong, the headstand is a good, simple position to control before the 'real deal' (handstand), but the balancing mechanics are very different.

Walking on your hands is easier than standing still on your hands. If you want to get good at handbalancing (in any capacity, not just handstands), you need to spend a significant amount of time practicing. Also, you need to address joint preparation, mobility work, and body line drills otherwise you won't get far. This is SKILL work, not strength training, and training daily (or as close to daily as possible) will provide the most benefit. The handstand is surprisingly very technical and has many nuances, despite the simple appearance. If you want to get good at balancing on your hands while stationary, I suggest you find a good handbalancing coach. There are a few good starting points on the internet, but they don't cover the subject in much depth.

But why am I losing waistline?

I have next to no fat to begin with. You can feel my bones from my waist up. Especially around my ribs. I cannot afford to get smaller.

I am doing this so I don't get smaller.

Eat more. If you're getting smaller, you're not eating enough + burning calories working out. If you cannot afford to get smaller, track what you eat - eat a crazy high amount of calories CONSISTENTLY - and see what happens.

Eat more. If you're getting smaller, you're not eating enough + burning calories working out. If you cannot afford to get smaller, track what you eat - eat a crazy high amount of calories CONSISTENTLY - and see what happens.

But I weigh more. So it is not like I am not gaining muscle. I do eat a lot. even when I don't want to.

I need to keep a journal of what I eat tho

Ya not on adjacent days.

But I weigh more. So it is not like I am not gaining muscle. I do eat a lot. even when I don't want to.

I need to keep a journal of what I eat tho

Well you're not explaining things very well. If you're eating above maintenance, you should be putting on weight. How long have you been at it? I'm guessing you've been lifting for a few weeks and are already panicking about the results you're getting. You're in it for the long-run. Don't expect perfect results in a few weeks.

Creatine would be one I would suggest, a multivitamin and fish oil, but other than that you don't really need anything, unless you want a PWO or something. Herbalife products are trash.

What's the best creatine supp out there these days??

CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

try and get a brand made by/with creapure.

Optimum Nutrition or All Max creatine would be best IMO plus they are both cheap as hell for 100+ servings

Yep. But creatine monohydrate. Optimum nutrition is a fairly cheap brand or bodybuilding.com's brand is fine too. Don't buy expensive creatine of any other form. No independent studies have ever proven they work better than monohydrate and usually cost much more.

Thanks man!! Most helpful :D

Ya not on adjacent days.
Well you're not explaining things very well. If you're eating above maintenance, you should be putting on weight. How long have you been at it? I'm guessing you've been lifting for a few weeks and are already panicking about the results you're getting. You're in it for the long-run. Don't expect perfect results in a few weeks.
I said I am gaining weight but my waist line is smaller (and I think my arms too but I may be reaching on that one). I am smaller in SIZE not weight.

I have been lifting for far longer than that thank you

Really great read.

Thank you for sharing.

I was always under the impression that creatine was only for "making muscles look bigger".

I'm gonna look into adding it to my supplement stack. :smokin
No problem bro. Examine.com does a really good job of reviewing and synthesizing actual scientific studies on supplements. I'd suggest checking it out for all suppy questions.

My goal is to be physically larger. I don't want a 6 pack but I dont want a keg either.
My metabolism is FAR too fast for me to ever get fatter

I said I am gaining weight but my waist line is smaller (and I think my arms too but I may be reaching on that one). I am smaller in SIZE not weight.

I have been lifting for far longer than that thank you

Lift and eat above maintenance.

What program are you following?
How many calories per day are you eating?
What are your lifts currently at?

My goal is to be physically larger. I don't want a 6 pack but I dont want a keg either.
My metabolism is FAR too fast for me to ever get fatter

You might think you're eating enough and that your metabolism is fast but if you're getting smaller, you need to start eating more. Don't worry about getting fat or getting a keg, just eat more. How many calories are you eating a day?

Back
Top Bottom