STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Current A
Incline Bench-Chest
Flat Bench DB-Chest
Deadlift
Lat Pull down (2 set Wide grip 2 set close)
Tricep Machine
Chest Fly
Seated Row
1 arm chest press
Calf Raise
LEg Press

Current B
Standing Military-delt
Bent over DB row-felt
Arnold PRess
Arnold Curls
EZ bar /preacher curl ( what ever is free)
shrugs
Cal Raise
Legpress
1 arm overhead press

What are some dumbbell excersises I can add to my AB split? A day Focus is Chest/Back/Tri B day is Traps/Bicept/Delts I wanna add some forearm stuff to the B days.

man I still can't believe at how much weight you loss , bro... like for real. Out here gettin' fine on 'em :nerd:

But hey, thanks for you posting your workout. I'll pass along this info. Keep up the good work! It's definitely showing.

**edit, about how much time you spend in the gym? On each day.

Last edited:
You may want to look into "ART", Active Release Technique. It's very effective for increasing soft tissue health, which may be your problem. They usually have you go for 4+ sessions, but the initial results should be noticeable.
The headstand will not get you to performing a handstand. Yes, you will get used to being inverted, but there are other, better ways to do that. Don't get me wrong, the headstand is a good, simple position to control before the 'real deal' (handstand), but the balancing mechanics are very different.

Walking on your hands is easier than standing still on your hands. If you want to get good at handbalancing (in any capacity, not just handstands), you need to spend a significant amount of time practicing. Also, you need to address joint preparation, mobility work, and body line drills otherwise you won't get far. This is SKILL work, not strength training, and training daily (or as close to daily as possible) will provide the most benefit. The handstand is surprisingly very technical and has many nuances, despite the simple appearance. If you want to get good at balancing on your hands while stationary, I suggest you find a good handbalancing coach. There are a few good starting points on the internet, but they don't cover the subject in much depth.

Thanks alot!...at this point I'm just experimenting with getting used to being inverted and getting passed the fear factor, I'll then move on to wall handstands and stay there a while till I feel confident doing a free handstand....not trying to become a gymnist, just something I find fun but challenging, similar to the way I feel about double unders....seems simple when you are others do it, not the same when you do it yourself...lol

Appreciate the advice.

For creatine I got SNS 1200 grams for like $20 shipped from here: http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=2305

Gator how tall are you? What weight did you start off at? Great work 
pimp.gif

i hate stopped taking creatine for a few weeks, might hop back but i didnt really see much from it.

we will see tho, might have to order some more tonight or somethig

How good is CellMass core creatine?

groupon has a deal 50 serving for $30, i read great reviews on it too.

Where's the cheapest place to buy ON 100% Whey Protein? I asked before, but no one answered. Cheapest I found is either bodybuilding.com and amazon

Whats the best creatine pills out there? I know you have to take a bunch but I really dont mind...getting sick of the chalky drinks.:x

Where's the cheapest place to buy ON 100% Whey Protein? I asked before, but no one answered. Cheapest I found is either bodybuilding.com and amazon
bb.com would probably be your best bet. make sure to check if theres any coupons floating around cause they usually always have a 10% off coupon 

Cinco,

If you are looking for a PODCAST on ITUNES check this one out

Latest in Paleo

Angelo Coppola produces this podcast that takes a broad overview of news and views in the paleo living community. Angelo credits the paleo lifestyle for helping him get fit, healthy, and strong in 2009. Angelo combines commentary with audio clips of interviews and talks from around the web. If you don’t have time to keep up on paleo nutrition news and you want a weekly overview, you have to check out Latest in Paleo.

Thanks alot!...at this point I'm just experimenting with getting used to being inverted and getting passed the fear factor, I'll then move on to wall handstands and stay there a while till I feel confident doing a free handstand....not trying to become a gymnist, just something I find fun but challenging, similar to the way I feel about double unders....seems simple when you are others do it, not the same when you do it yourself...lol

Appreciate the advice.

I'm just getting the hang of double unders. I can string a good twenty together. It's all about patience and being consistent.

Got to PR today on front squat by 25 lbs. this was after a 5 minute squat challenge too so I think I could have gone a bit higher. I noticed some gains before getting in the shower. Pretty proud of myself. Should take pics to track the progress from now on.

Steezy, you been at it a couple months now right? How's Crossfit treating you?

No problem bro. Examine.com does a really good job of reviewing and synthesizing actual scientific studies on supplements. I'd suggest checking it out for all suppy questions.

Lift and eat above maintenance.

What program are you following?
How many calories per day are you eating?
What are your lifts currently at?
Right now I am following a 5 x 5 program. I used to isolate muscle groups and it worked for a while, but then I reached a limit where I couldn't lift anymore. Although I am slowing down how much I can increase between sessions. It is now every other session in which I can increase.

I don't have a spotter for benching and I feel like I would just annoy most people with how little I can bench so I end up doing the similar excercise with the dumbells instead.

I can't seem to get past 30 on each arm with that excercise
Squats I move up quickly. Right now I am at the bar +90
I just learned of the importance of the barbell row so I started at bar +40
Hyperextension i use a 35 lb plate and do 3 x 8 I could probably do more but the area of the plate is too big past that 35 lbs if that makes sense
kneeling cable crunch 90ish (depends on how far into my workout I do it)
skull crushers I use the small zig-zag bar plus 30-40

I forget what other excercises I am missing but that should give you an idea. I am a relatively little guy. I now weigh 147 at 5'9" but people think I weigh less. Could be because I cover my naturally strong and long legs, it might be my awkward bone structure idk but people guess I weigh 120-130.

You might think you're eating enough and that your metabolism is fast but if you're getting smaller, you need to start eating more. Don't worry about getting fat or getting a keg, just eat more. How many calories are you eating a day?
I havent kept track. I know it is out there. I have always ate a lot. I practically binge eat. Not worried about getting fat. The last few weeks I have not been eating as much since I have been studying for the CPA exam

I'm just getting the hang of double unders. I can string a good twenty together. It's all about patience and being consistent.

Got to PR today on front squat by 25 lbs. this was after a 5 minute squat challenge too so I think I could have gone a bit higher. I noticed some gains before getting in the shower. Pretty proud of myself. Should take pics to track the progress from now on.

Steezy, you been at it a couple months now right? How's Crossfit treating you?

im loving it bro, ive always had a pretty high body fat % so at my slimmest i looked ok with clothes, but like crap with my shirt off, after 5 months the gains are minimal, but more than ive ever had, my lower back has slimmed down alot compare to the damb love handles i had, my chest is beginnig to see some definition, and even my abdominals are slowly peeking through the fat....im happy with my progress alot happier than ive ever been.

Can anyone recommend a good weight gainer? Right now I'm using Dymatize Super Mass Gainer. I've used ON Serious Mass and Isopure Mass. I feel like I've gained the most weight off of ON so far. When I started about a year and a half ago, I weighed about 145lb. Now I weigh about 160lb with hopes of getting to 185 by the top of next year. My diet probably needs some fine tuning but I do workout on the regular. HELP ME!!!!

You may want to look into "ART", Active Release Technique. It's very effective for increasing soft tissue health, which may be your problem. They usually have you go for 4+ sessions, but the initial results should be noticeable.
The headstand will not get you to performing a handstand. Yes, you will get used to being inverted, but there are other, better ways to do that. Don't get me wrong, the headstand is a good, simple position to control before the 'real deal' (handstand), but the balancing mechanics are very different.

Walking on your hands is easier than standing still on your hands. If you want to get good at handbalancing (in any capacity, not just handstands), you need to spend a significant amount of time practicing. Also, you need to address joint preparation, mobility work, and body line drills otherwise you won't get far. This is SKILL work, not strength training, and training daily (or as close to daily as possible) will provide the most benefit. The handstand is surprisingly very technical and has many nuances, despite the simple appearance. If you want to get good at balancing on your hands while stationary, I suggest you find a good handbalancing coach. There are a few good starting points on the internet, but they don't cover the subject in much depth.

Appreciate the advice.

do you do wall walks at your box? thats the progression my box uses

Today I tried to find that peanut butter with chocolate you guys had posted, but no luck. I tried trader joes, fredmeyer, whole foods, and walmart but cod not find it.

Back
Top Bottom