STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Your unsweetened almond milk betrays you steezy, mine uses sweetened dark chocolate :pimp:

Nah, I'm sure yours is good too :lol: I just wanted something sweet, but was still semi healthy.

Dude I dare you try it, the banana and almond butter give it more than enough sweetness, is the perfect balance, it literally taste like you chugging on the best tasting milkshake....and so healthy, 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk = 30 calories fam!

It sounds pretty good, but I hate bananas, I can't even stand the smell of them lol

Posting a pic cause I feel good today, been on this lean bulk for a bit now, gained almost 2 lbs and little to no fat it appears

Had a training partner this morning...WOW!!  What a difference it makes.  I had more energy and banged out those forced reps!

NT Fit Fam!!!

Took a pic this morning as well, for personal reasons, but didn't feel like upping it :lol:

I'm heavily considering a nutribullet thanks to this damb thread, but I love my ninja!

It sounds pretty good, but I hate bananas, I can't even stand the smell of them lol

Posting a pic cause I feel good today, been on this lean bulk for a bit now, gained almost 2 lbs and little to no fat it appears

I feel like I'm looking at myself in the future. I literally look exactly like you but with way more body fat. I'm like the before picture lmaooo. Everything from the hair, facial structure, body type, and even body hair looks identical to me. I showed my sister and she started laughing. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

anyone else invest in a foam roller? Thinking about getting one for my shoulders and legs after crossfit.

I'm not a fan of foam rollers. After a while they do nothing. Even something like a 'rumble roller', 'grid', and all of the other gadgets lose their effectiveness after a while. The best way to take care of soft tissue health on your own is to use lacrosse balls. Self Myofascial Release(SMR) with that is very effective, more directed, and they don't wear out. You can use other sports balls (baseball, softball, tennis ball, golf ball, etc.) but they don't work as well for most areas.

If you decide on a foam roller, buy one that is 'high density' otherwise you will end up with a bumpy piece of foam after a little while.

Also, this is a resource that I highly recommend. You would be much better off buying 2 lacrosse balls and this book for the price of 1 foam roller. Its has been invaluable for me in the past when I've been training hard and tissue quality has declined. I strongly urge anyone that is serious about performance to own a copy of this book: Amazon product ASIN 1572243759
Oh, and foam rollers aren't for mobility training. They improve tissue quality (not as much as SMR with lacrosse balls, or better yet, massage) and allow for improved mobility training if you actually do mobility work afterwords. Just some food for thought...

I've wondered about there being any pods with the paleo/keto lifestyle, but always forget to :lol:

Thanks man, will definitely listen!

Also check out "The Paleo Solution" with Robb Wolf and Greg Everett. They've got over 180 episodes and they discuss more than just nutrition.

There are others, for example Chris Kresser has one, but he sounds like a robot and I can't listen/pay attention to that.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm looking at myself in the future. I literally look exactly like you but with way more body fat. I'm like the before picture lmaooo. Everything from the hair, facial structure, body type, and even body hair looks identical to me. I showed my sister and she started laughing. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

:lol: really? Post a pic.

I'm 6'2 203 lbs

Signed up for the Norcal Tough Mudder in September. The weekend right after i get back from my 2-week Spain trip haha

I just bought a nutribullet. A serious upgrade from my clunky over sized blender. I'm in love. 
happy.gif

Now all i do is buy a bunch of fruits, mainly strawberries, blueberries etc, freeze them,  throw some powder in, give it a little whirl, and it's a tasty snack. 

smokin.gif

:lol:  Not many people know about that stuff..i tried this long ago and this shh gave me crazy stomach problems..plus it says u need to drinka full gallon of whole milk with it..def do not recommend
I took only 1 scoop with milk and the
other 2 with water. 5 scoops was too much lol I hated how sweet it was tho

Any YouTube vids or good reading material on how to effectively use the lacrosse balls? Was considering a foam roller but it seems lacrosse balls are more effective.

Any YouTube vids or good reading material on how to effectively use the lacrosse balls? Was considering a foam roller but it seems lacrosse balls are more effective.

Look at the Youtube Channel

sanfranciscocrossfit

That guy who runs the videos of stretching/foam rolling/form/etc is very knowledgeable. Good stuff on that channel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom