STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Also, any coffee drinkers out there? I drink at least 3 cups of black coffee a day. Part of me thinks that all this caffeine can't be good for you. Another part thinks that its fine since I don't add cream or sugar.

Zyzz, aren't you a heavy coffee drinker as well?

Working forearms never f'd my shot up, just took me 5-6 shots to get comfortable with my form once my forearms were growing

Smith Machine = limits range of motion

It's basically telling your body how to lift weight. Pretty unnatural and doesn't allow your body to utilize stabilizing muscles as much. You'd be better off working on form and going lighter than maxing out on a smith. My opinion. This goes for a lot of machines.

Does anyone read? The guy doesn't have access to a squat rack, only a smith machine.

Dude nobody reads. They saw him post "smith machine" went on to attack him for using it. Lol.

I use smith machine every now and then and I still get a nice workout from it with squats. Idc honestly

Any of you ball players not workout forearms aside from when you hit them doing biceps? Working out forearms messes up my shot

nah it never messed up my shot. played all through middle school, hs and college before an injury, rec league now. i was always a slasher/shooter, but i will say the addition of weight training through all of those years gave me unlimited range and muscle endurance. that 6-:nerd:z ball is nothing compared to these weights.

Also, any coffee drinkers out there? I drink at least 3 cups of black coffee a day. Part of me thinks that all this caffeine can't be good for you. Another part thinks that its fine since I don't add cream or sugar.

Zyzz, aren't you a heavy coffee drinker as well?

I usually have the same, read some studies that says nothing but good things about it..
The national average, atleast here in Norway, is 5 cups a day lol

nah man, pretty much every nice hotel and accommodations have a fitness center of some sort. It won't be a full fledged gym, the weights will be a lot less, so that in itself & calisthenics and cardio can be your break time. I'll work out alot less on vaca, but i still find ways to do work.
ya I'm always active on vacation whether it be hitting g the beach swimming hiking or riding snowboards but I do welcome the break from my normal lifting volune

Dude nobody reads. They saw him post "smith machine" went on to attack him for using it. Lol.

I use smith machine every now and then and I still get a nice workout from it with squats. Idc honestly
Your only sticking up for him cuz you use smith machines to squat too. 

--

Thank you freeze. Preciate it. Repped.

Your only sticking up for him cuz you use smith machines to squat too. 

--

Thank you freeze. Preciate it. Repped.

I just said I use it, lmao yo you dudes seriously can't read for jack bruh

I usually have the same, read some studies that says nothing but good things about it..
The national average, atleast here in Norway, is 5 cups a day lol
5 cups a day is crazy. There are people in my office that go past that. It would be 4pm and they are brewing some coffee in the break room.

I have two at most in the mornings. Don't like black coffee so i put coconut cream into mine so i don't have any dairy. 

Does anyone have experience with CLA? conjugated linoleic acid. Read up on it, and was taking it back in my prime...

:rofl:

my body is telling me it's overdue for a deload. gonna do one in 2 weeks or so. it's interesting because i never realize how much underlying minor aches and tweaks i live with until i lift super light for a week or so.
Indeed. I waited too long to deload and now I'm paying the price. Training 5-6 days a week without any form of deload or rest is asking for an injury. I prefer to deload by doing primarily calisthenics, although some calisthenics routines rival the most rigorous of training out there. Keeping mines simple for now, though. Lot of mobility work and stretching.

any of you guys use intraworkout supps?
I used to live on Xtend. Good stuff. Gonna start mixing BCAAs with fresh lemon/lime juice, water, and stevia soon. If they made an artificial dye and sweetener free version I would still take it.

what gym do you go to? you live in boston right? plenty of gyms around in this small city.

I actually built my own little home setup

Fully adjustable Gold's Gym bench
Olympic barbell + weights
Hex dumbbell set
Commercial grade lat pulldown/mid row machine with 250 lb stack
EZ curl bar
Treadmill
Heavy bag
Ivanko super gripper
Audio system

Last edited:
I have tried almost all of them... craze worked the best for me so far

Little late to the party here but my experience has been great with craze. Very clean energy and focus and almost a happy euphoric but tunnel vision feel. Assault is good clean energy too and probably my second favorite.

For more jitters/caffeine, no xplode and c4 aren't bad options. Personally, I stay away from them because they make my heart rate get crazy high if I take enough to feel the energy. Not bad before say, running a 100m dash tho or some form of competition. Also just tried ON Pre- (platinum?) and it was fairly good. Kinda an inbetween of everything I've tried. Has pepper (or peppers) in it though for some reason which gives it an odd aftertaste that idk if I liked or not.

What is everyone's view on taking time off? 

Coming up on a year now I've been extremely focused with diet and in the gym 6 days a week. I have the hardest time making myself take it easy.   

My best deloads have come when I do my exercises at 80% of the normal weight. Still works my muscles but not anywhere close to failure. Still gets the heart pumpin and my muscles feel better than if I didn't do anything. Almost like it promotes more recovery even though you don't need it (ain't that some bro science for ya?)

Biggest thing in a deload is eating right and keeping the protein intake high so the muscles stay on point.

Does anyone have experience with CLA? conjugated linoleic acid. Read up on it, and was taking it back in my prime...

I have used it and have seen I guess ok results but I could of lived without it.

Give it a try & see how it works for you.

I drink some Xtend between lifting and cardio.. I dont think I need to but I have a tub so fugg it

Water and a good meal before >
what is xtend for though? is it a pre workout? BB saying intra workout.. tf. You suppose to drink it while working out?

---

Bout to go buy some more Whey tomorrow..  Im gonna get some craze too but idk if i need a pre but i want to try it out.. Food and water has done justice for me... 

edit: Looks like Xtend is what i will be copping tmrw.. :pimp:

Last edited:
Indeed. I waited too long to deload and now I'm paying the price. Training 5-6 days a week without any form of deload or rest is asking for an injury. I prefer to deload by doing primarily calisthenics, although some calisthenics routines rival the most rigorous of training out there. Keeping mines simple for now, though. Lot of mobility work and stretching.
I used to live on Xtend. Good stuff. Gonna start mixing BCAAs with fresh lemon/lime juice, water, and stevia soon. If they made an artificial dye and sweetener free version I would still take it.
IF you're worried about the taste of BCAAs, first off the powder plain isn't all that bad in my experience, but you can also just get caps, which you could pop during your lift.

I drink some Xtend between lifting and cardio.. I dont think I need to but I have a tub so fugg it

Water and a good meal before >
what is xtend for though? is it a pre workout? BB saying intra workout.. tf. You suppose to drink it while working out?

---

Bout to go buy some more Whey tomorrow..  Im gonna get some craze too but idk if i need a pre but i want to try it out.. Food and water has done justice for me... 

edit: Looks like Xtend is what i will be copping tmrw.. :pimp:

brah, theres no need for BCAA supps.

do you eat food and especially take whey protein? if so you get enough BCAA in your diet. unless you get it dirt cheap, its a waste of $30 just to drink during working out.

Back
Top Bottom