STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

brah, theres no need for BCAA supps.

do you eat food and especially take whey protein? if so you get enough BCAA in your diet. unless you get it dirt cheap, its a waste of $30 just to drink during working out
So what about a pre workout with creatine? Been thinking of picking that up than.

Last edited:

So what about a pre workout with creatine? Been thinking of picking that up than.

do you need something to give you energy during a workout?

if interested in creatine then just buy straight up monohydrate and take 3-5g everyday, doesnt matter what time you take it either.

you shouldnt take pre workout with creatine as your only source of creatine since the doses probably dont have as much as you need.

been taking mine mixed in coffee everyday so it disolves completley and it works. im cutting and my lifts are going up instead of down.

If any of you Boston brahs want an epic conditioning workout, hit up the Harvard stadium stairs. It'll humble you.

if interested in creatine then just buy straight up monohydrate and take 3-5g everyday, doesnt matter what time you take it either.

you shouldnt take pre workout with creatine as your only source of creatine since the doses probably dont have as much as you need.

been taking mine mixed in coffee everyday so it disolves completley and it works. im cutting and my lifts are going up instead of down.
Thank You for the reply. Welp looks like im going to cop only some creatine tomrrow with the whey protein. Thanks Zyzz. How much water do u drink per day though?

Indeed. I waited too long to deload and now I'm paying the price. Training 5-6 days a week without any form of deload or rest is asking for an injury. I prefer to deload by doing primarily calisthenics, although some calisthenics routines rival the most rigorous of training out there. Keeping mines simple for now, though. Lot of mobility work and stretching.
I used to live on Xtend. Good stuff. Gonna start mixing BCAAs with fresh lemon/lime juice, water, and stevia soon. If they made an artificial dye and sweetener free version I would still take it.
IF you're worried about the taste of BCAAs, first off the powder plain isn't all that bad in my experience, but you can also just get caps, which you could pop during your lift.
The whole point behind me opting to go that route is to have something to drink during the workout as opposed to just water. I have experience with both unflavored BCAA powder and BCAAs in pill form. I drink water nonstop, nothing wrong with giving the taste buds something with...actual taste.

I'm doing very little whey nowadays and prefer to train fasted whenever possible for those "you get enough BCAAs in your diet" proponents.

Ended up decimating my legs today. Good Lawd!!! For the most part did exactly what I said I would, started with the stairmasters to warm up, followed by 5 sets of leg extensions superset with bodyweight squats, then 6 sets of weighted lunges, followed by front squats, then I went and did 5 sets of standing calves raises 8-10 reps ending at 335. then 3 sets of fibula raises with 60. then i wanted to do box jumps, but decided again that and went all out and did a football exercise of 5-6 sets of sled pushes. Ending weight on that was 315. pushed about 25 feet each set. Was extra hell today because it was stupid humid in there, so the weight didnt just slide across the floor, it was rough. Felt like a beast with each set though. straight power. felt it in everything, glutes, hams, quads, calves, feet, and some upper body. if you guys have the equipment to make do, I definitely suggest incorporating that exercise in your regimen. right there with power cleans and squats.

Thank You for the reply. Welp looks like im going to cop only some creatine tomrrow with the whey protein. Thanks Zyzz. How much water do u drink per day though?

as anyone who lifts/exercises you should be taking in a minimum of 1 gallon. especially with creatine you should stay hydrated. If you take a piss and its yellow then you need water.

also remember to get monohydrate. the best ones IMO are the optimum nutrition and all max creatine, both made with creapure as well.

you can buy these in bulk for like $25 and it will last you easily a year.

Abs dont relate to any other body parts in relation to their size and strength gains..but it is always important to have a good core..it helps with other bodyparts when exercising..

What do you guys use to mix your whey? I need a shaker cup that doesn't leak and also leaves no chunks.

Been using a small battery operated mixer for years but it EATS batteries.

Then I tried a Tupperware pulley mixer, but milk/whey gets trapped in the lid and there's no way to get it out. Not trying to get ecoli.

Need a good one that I can break out, mix a shake, and keep it moving.

Anyone have any tips on how to increase running endurance without sacrificing speed? Like Kobe can probably run miles in under 6 minutes but still light it up in a sprint.

distance run with ankle weights? then when you take them off your speed will go up and that endurance with still be there, if not even better since the legs would be accustomed to traveling with more weight...

lol you think kobe can run miles in under 6 minutes? lol kobe not kenyan

Anyone have any tips on how to increase running endurance without sacrificing speed? Like Kobe can probably run miles in under 6 minutes but still light it up in a sprint.

distance run with ankle weights? then when you take them off your speed will go up and that endurance with still be there, if not even better since the legs would be accustomed to traveling with more weight...

Ankle weights are terrible for your knees. Youd be better off with a weighted vest. The ankle weights alter running gait and standard biomechanics.

In terms of running endurance, dont think about running X distance in X time. Set a time, and run a farther distance every time.

Last edited:

Ankle weights are terrible for your knees. Youd be better off with a weighted vest. The ankle weights alter running gait and standard biomechanics.

oh right, a weighted vest, I completely forgot about those. Yes, that's a much better idea, I hate the thought of ankle weights as well, but that was all that popped in my head, but yea a vest is much safer. too bad distance running with a parachute is impractical unless you live out in the country lol

What do you guys use to mix your whey? I need a shaker cup that doesn't leak and also leaves no chunks.

Been using a small battery operated mixer for years but it EATS batteries.

Then I tried a Tupperware pulley mixer, but milk/whey gets trapped in the lid and there's no way to get it out. Not trying to get ecoli.

Need a good one that I can break out, mix a shake, and keep it moving.
Can't post pics for some reason so here's a linkhttp://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/11/89/11893664.jpg$15. Single serve and it's the perfect amount for a protein shake. I always add bananas and peanut butter to my shakes. I also use it every morning for a fruit smoothie with breakfast. Super super easy to clean

From a physiological standpoint, its incredibly difficult to be good at both long distance running and short distance sprints.

Why do you want to increase your running endurance? general health, basketball?

From a physiological standpoint, its incredibly difficult to be good at both long distance running and short distance sprints.

Why do you want to increase your running endurance? general health, basketball?
Care to explain the science behind your first statememt. I'm intrigued?

the fast and slow twitch fibers needed are different in the two. hence why generally the body makeup of a cross country runner is much different from a sprinter.

Ended up decimating my legs today. Good Lawd!!! For the most part did exactly what I said I would, started with the stairmasters to warm up, followed by 5 sets of leg extensions superset with bodyweight squats, then 6 sets of weighted lunges, followed by front squats, then I went and did 5 sets of standing calves raises 8-10 reps ending at 335. then 3 sets of fibula raises with 60. then i wanted to do box jumps, but decided again that and went all out and did a football exercise of 5-6 sets of sled pushes. Ending weight on that was 315. pushed about 25 feet each set. Was extra hell today because it was stupid humid in there, so the weight didnt just slide across the floor, it was rough. Felt like a beast with each set though. straight power. felt it in everything, glutes, hams, quads, calves, feet, and some upper body. if you guys have the equipment to make do, I definitely suggest incorporating that exercise in your regimen. right there with power cleans and squats.
youusing a football blocking sled or a prowler? Jealous that you got regular access to either

Back
Top Bottom