STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

vitamin shoppe is cheaper and they don't push crap on you. at least the ones here are pretty good. still more expensive than online though.

their prices seemed to be a few dollars higher than bb.com but that off sets shipping (besides when there are discounts), I might use them to pick up small things while I wait on coupons at bb.com

they always have 10% off but they are hard to find some some reason :lol:
They've regulated that big time over the past year and a half. Not as easy to get discos thru them anymore unless they send 'em out.

on BB? theres always one around and it works for everyone.. never seen one not work for someone unless it was expired.

anytime you order just go to the supp section and make a thread asking for the coupon and sure enough someone will post it

Are burpees really as effective in weight loss and muscle gaining as i hear and read people raving about them? lol

What does toning mean?

are weightless squats ok for toning, long as you increase your reps going forward?

If I am doing squats (with no weights) will it still be beneficial to me as long as I increase the amount i am doing. IE: 1st week 3 sets of 15, 2nd week 3 sets of 20 etc...

I just cant get to the gym like i used to and still want to tone my lower half up

Killed legs yesterday. Had two working sets of 295 and did 5 reps each set. I normally will get up to 315...but for some reason wasn't feeling it yesterday so i just tried to pump out more reps then normal when i pyramid up. Felt good either way.

Did seated calves after
Weighted Bulgarian Lunges
Standing Calves
Hamstring curls

Not too too sore today...but day two is always "I can't sit on the toilet" day after legs for me.

Back and bi's today....rest light cardio on saturday....Championship Soccer game Sunday night.

Are burpees really as effective in weight loss and muscle gaining as i hear and read people raving about them? lol

If I am doing squats (with no weights) will it still be beneficial to me as long as I increase the amount i am doing. IE: 1st week 3 sets of 15, 2nd week 3 sets of 20 etc...

I just cant get to the gym like i used to and still want to tone my lower half up

Killed legs yesterday. Had two working sets of 295 and did 5 reps each set. I normally will get up to 315...but for some reason wasn't feeling it yesterday so i just tried to pump out more reps then normal when i pyramid up. Felt good either way.

Did seated calves after
Weighted Bulgarian Lunges
Standing Calves
Hamstring curls

Not too too sore today...but day two is always "I can't sit on the toilet" day after legs for me.

Back and bi's today....rest light cardio on saturday....Championship Soccer game Sunday night.
I don't remember but if you were the one who was having trouble breaking past 315, it's probably gonna be very helpful to deload down to 295 and work your way back up.

Good info nonetheless thanks man. Pre-soccer season i was testing my one rep max on squats and got up to 355lb. I was weighing around 185-188 at the time though. Soccer started and I have been struggling to keep weight on. Walking around at 180 now and i hurt my calf and took a full week off from legs. So last week i hit 315 and only got two sets of 3 reps in. I wasn't satisfied though felt like i was struggling too much. So maybe next week i will see if i can get 315 at 4-5 reps. But i won't go past that until winter most likely when for the first time in my life i am going to try to bulk.

I have been at a strength plateau for a couple months now. It's tough when i have soccer 3 times a week and being able to run for 90mins is my main concern. But in the off season i am gonna cut down and try to get up to 190lbs.

vitamin shoppe is cheaper and they don't push crap on you. at least the ones here are pretty good. still more expensive than online though.

their prices seemed to be a few dollars higher than bb.com but that off sets shipping (besides when there are discounts), I might use them to pick up small things while I wait on coupons at bb.com

they always have 10% off but they are hard to find some some reason :lol:
They've regulated that big time over the past year and a half. Not as easy to get discos thru them anymore unless they send 'em out.

on BB? theres always one around and it works for everyone.. never seen one not work for someone unless it was expired.

anytime you order just go to the supp section and make a thread asking for the coupon and sure enough someone will post it
Meant VitaminShoppe. Guess I only read the first half lol.

How do you guys treat bicep soreness. Haven't been able to straighten my arms in over 2 days.
laugh.gif
What did you do for them? I'm never sore the day after I train them 
laugh.gif

Lol, that happened to my biceps when I was a teenager. Have someone massage it. It'll go away. Probably overtrained them. Up that potassium as well.

Bicep soreness isn't necessarily a plus. It feels like muscle cramping more than anything when your arms lock like that. Easy to overtrain arms since you hit them indirectly with every pushing/pulling movement.

Last edited:
What did you do for them? I'm never sore the day after I train them :lol:

May I have your bicep workout?

I rarely get sore on my biceps :frown:[/quote]

It got it from Cory Gregory, that Muscle Pharm dude:

Arms

WORKOUT

Super set
1. 28 Method Curls (7 regular reps 7 super slow 7 1/2 way down 7 1/2 way up)
2. Bench Dips - 30 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

Super set
1. Incline Dumbbell Curls - 8 reps then hang with a 5 count twist then additional 4 more reps
2. Bench Dips - 30 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

Super set
1. Tricep Band Pushdowns - 25 reps
2. Bicep Machine - 25 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

http://www.prosource.net/content/articles/Articles-by-ProSource/call-to-arms.aspx

Btw I could not finish it...

Bicep soreness isn't necessarily a plus. It feels like muscle cramping more than anything when your arms lock like that. Easy to overtrain arms since you hit them indirectly with every pushing/pulling movement.

It was my first week back at the gym. I like the sore feeling but this is almost scary. :lol: Last night I was consciously trying to stretch my arm while I slept.

That workout seems really tough!

And since it was ur first week back no wonder. :lol:

Keep grinding, homie.

I might have to try this!!

Back
Top Bottom