STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone here Calculate their Macro's? (IIFYM)
How did y'all go about it?

I do, actually a lot of us here do

I personally calculate my BMR, then do my TDEE, THEN add 300 since I would like to bulk slowly til the end of the year, or til I feel I've progressed enough, before cutting for next summer.

Its worked so far, got down to 177 last November, maintained at 180/182 til Jan, slowly went to 188 from there til about late April. And affed lbs since, while still COMFORTABLY fit my clothes :lol:

BRO, if thats common amongst roid users, i have an even more heightened respect for POG

for starters, i wouldnt want any of that stuff in my body man, thats ridic

secondly, this shuts down all arguments about natural builders not being truly natural because they supp heavily, at least supps are mostly naturally derived, all that synthetic stuff is honestly making me shutter

its like the first time i saw a graphic video or 2 girls 1 cup, the fact that hes saying all this stuff is just making me uncomfortable
QFT

I have mad respect for CJ and what he has been able to do, granted it takes 5-7 years of training and eating right to get like him, its worth it in my opinion. His physique is something I'd like to aim for.

BRO, if thats common amongst roid users, i have an even more heightened respect for POG

for starters, i wouldnt want any of that stuff in my body man, thats ridic

secondly, this shuts down all arguments about natural builders not being truly natural because they supp heavily, at least supps are mostly naturally derived, all that synthetic stuff is honestly making me shutter

its like the first time i saw a graphic video or 2 girls 1 cup, the fact that hes saying all this stuff is just making me uncomfortable
Who is POG?
I see what you're saying about natural bodybuilders, but I do think the lines on what is considered natty and what's not are quite blurred. First of all, there's plenty of guys who have done a cycle or two, but don't "look" like they have completely exceeded their natural potential - someone like Zyzz for example. I think it's pretty damn difficult to compare physiques like that without knowing how long they have been training, how rich they are, what their job is, etc.. For that reason, I find little utility in admiring others physiques. I think there's a lot more value in admiring athletic accomplishments.
Above all, I think the best way of going about fitness is competing against oneself rather than others. You're just setting yourself up for failure if you spend your time comparing yourself to others. Rather, make your own gains. That's why Lucky's approach to things is always nice to see. He's making huge improvements on himself, and while he does drop the I wanna look like an NFL player ******** from time to time you can tell he's definitely motivated by changing himself rather than trying to achieve someone else's physique, if that makes any sense. I think the same can be said for a lot of posters here. I just do think it's worth cautioning against trying to achieve someone else's physique.

What's good NT fam. I need some advice from you guys. Right now I'm at 5'9 185lbs. I've packed on like 20 lbs since graduating HS 3 years ago. I'm pissed off for letting my self go especially with an athletic background. How would you guys go about this? I just signed up for a Golds membership. Last time I legit worked out was like two years ago haha

Get on a diet and train daily. As long as you stick to whatever you choose you will be straight man. If you wanna lose that weight slowly start a running program. If you want to get strong and lean fairly quickly Cross Fit might be worth a shot.

Is Cross Fit really worth it for a beginner? Seems unnecessary.

Use your gym membership and focus on compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, bench press and military press. Work consistently. Watch your diet and you'll see results almost immediately.
I'd say you'd get more out of Crossfit if you built up a base level of strength running a linear progression like starting strength. It's not difficult to learn to do the compound barbell lifts on your own. You might as well build up those to a certain extent and then pick which direction you want to go in (crossfit, bodybuilding, power lifting, lifting for sports etc). Don't lock yourself down to crossfit right away.

QFT

I have mad respect for CJ and what he has been able to do, granted it takes 5-7 years of training and eating right to get like him, its worth it in my opinion. His physique is something I'd like to aim for.
Didn't CJ Fletcher pound McDonalds until he got a heart attack? Don't think that is "eating right." Or wait - did he have to completely rebuild himself after the heart attack? Don't really remember. Again, I feel like it's hard to isolate a real lifting "idol" because there's so many variables out there. I'd rather just improve upon myself as much as possible.

Wait ya I just realized that.

POG stands for Physique of Greatness, correct? And that's Chris Jones' youtube channel
and CJ stands for Chris Jones...

Got it. Sorry about the confusion.

I've watched a few Chris Jones youtube videos and I think I subscribe to it.
Someone aware me on him though - he's natural? Not denying it just not aware of what he claims.

Chris is all Natty, as is his lackey Vincent Garza :lol:

POG is my go to for that Gym knowledge,
Chris Jones is a beast and he has done it all natural, HOWEVER i think he will switch to using in the future, Just my opinion anyways as he keeps talking about how he reached his natural potential lately, He being slowly tempted you can see it, Would be a shame if he went that route :smh:

Vince G dirty bulked to get that size on, He benefitted from that as he keeps getting bigger all the time

Wait ya I just realized that.

POG stands for Physique of Greatness, correct? And that's Chris Jones' youtube channel
and CJ stands for Chris Jones...

Got it. Sorry about the confusion.

I've watched a few Chris Jones youtube videos and I think I subscribe to it.
Someone aware me on him though - he's natural? Not denying it just not aware of what he claims.
Yeah CJ is POG and he has been natty the whole time.

CT Fletcher did have a massive heart attack and talks about how he died 3 times on the table or something like that. He claims natty all day but I don't know if I believe it.

I just think CJ has a complete physique and it is something to shoot for since I'm an around his height. I personally don't see him going on gear because he has said a few times he is to damn short to get any wider lol

Been trying to eat more veggies with my meals. I hate that bloated gassy feeling I get afterwards though.

POG is my go to for that Gym knowledge,
Chris Jones is a beast and he has done it all natural, HOWEVER i think he will switch to using in the future, Just my opinion anyways as he keeps talking about how he reached his natural potential lately, He being slowly tempted you can see it, Would be a shame if he went that route :smh:

Vince G dirty bulked to get that size on, He benefitted from that as he keeps getting bigger all the time

I don't think he will personally, he just seems to be an admirer of those who do and don't hide it, him being open about his feelings to those on the stuff isn't really a new thing for him, as he hasn't hidden that feel since the inception of his channel when he was praising BodyFortress :lol:

POG is only channel I watch now. Matt Ogus is boring, and Hodgetwins come off as trolling now because they contradict themselves so much, and all of their vids are the same formula.

I just subscribed to Ogus about a month ago, I'm a huge fan of his format going through his whole day.

Been a fan of, and subscribed to POG since one of his first shopping with videos, where he was praising BodyFortress

TMW I was looking into Casein, and added them... but I agree, they're going against a lot of what they were saying in the past, but those past vids were awesome. Still subscribed though :lol:

Newest adds: Chris Lavado, CT, Furious Pete, HanhChampion, and Big J

Folks walk through the living room and give me the o_O like i'm doing something wrong watching swole sweaty dudes on the 360...

...waitwut...

Above all, I think the best way of going about fitness is competing against oneself rather than others. You're just setting yourself up for failure if you spend your time comparing yourself to others. Rather, make your own gains.

:pimp:
Indeed. People ask me all the time how I continue to find new ways to motivate myself. I tell them exactly that. Its pretty much the one thing you have full control over. I love control. No better feeling than continued progress. There's always a new mountain to climb, just have to be smart enough to spot it and find your way up.

CJ will probably use in the future, he keeps saying how he has reached his genetics potential
and seems to have an open mind about using...if he ever does i think he will probably put it out in the open tho

Omar Isuf fitness channel is hilarious and dude actually knows what he's talking about...yah should check it out

CJ will probably use in the future, he keeps saying how he has reached his genetics potential
and seems to have an open mind about using...if he ever does i think he will probably put it out in the open tho

Omar Isuf fitness channel is hilarious and dude actually knows what he's talking about...yah should check it out
I think he would only use if he started competing, at this point he seems pretty content, BUT I think he will actually try to compete very soon, his girl in the vids is pushing him to compete and he clearly feels like he should just do it for his pog fam

Yes he will use within the next year

What do you guys think of Chestbrah? I think he might have Zyzz beat, seems like he didn't take it next level until Zyzz died because before Zyzz seemed superior. Of course he's on roids

Back
Top Bottom