STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

May I have your bicep workout?

I rarely get sore on my biceps
frown.gif

It got it from Cory Gregory, that Muscle Pharm dude:

Arms

WORKOUT

Super set
1. 28 Method Curls (7 regular reps 7 super slow 7 1/2 way down 7 1/2 way up)
2. Bench Dips - 30 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

Super set
1. Incline Dumbbell Curls - 8 reps then hang with a 5 count twist then additional 4 more reps
2. Bench Dips - 30 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

Super set
1. Tricep Band Pushdowns - 25 reps
2. Bicep Machine - 25 reps
Repeat for 5 sets

http://www.prosource.net/content/articles/Articles-by-ProSource/call-to-arms.aspx

Btw I could not finish it...
It was my first week back at the gym. I like the sore feeling but this is almost scary.
laugh.gif
Last night I was consciously trying to stretch my arm while I slept.[/quote]
Get a lacrosse ball or small medicine ball and dig into the bicep and front deltoid. It's going to hurt, but it will be worth it. 

What exercises do you guys do to build ab muscle? Not necessarily tone them up, but add some mass. I do weighted situps and ab rolls, I was wondering if there was any other exercises

Proper diet > any excercise when it comes to abs

Low BF % always helps, can't be thick with abs, unless you're geared up :lol:

Last edited:

Low BF % always helps, can't be thick with abs, unless you're geared up
laugh.gif
This. Abs are made in the kitchen.

I've gotten better ab results from my recent 30-day paleo diet than from working them out heavily in the past. If only i didn't have such a gnarly scar going down the middle of my stomach 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:

Low BF % always helps, can't be thick with abs, unless you're geared up
laugh.gif
I understand that it's all diet. I'm on a fairly clean bulk right now until I go on a cut in August. So you're saying I can't really build muscle there?

Marc Lobliner, who's got some really thick abs, has some good videos on building thick abs. He advises to pound your abs the same way you pound other muscles with heavy weights. I'll post it if I can find it.

Obviously you must be low enough bf % or it wont matter because your abs wont be visible.

Last edited:
Marc Lobliner, who's got some really thick abs, has some good videos on building thick abs. He advises to pound your abs the same way you pound other muscles with heavy weights. I'll post it if I can find it.

Obviously you must be low enough bf % or it wont matter because your abs wont be visible.
Thanks fam. Yeah I was going to go on a cut in August to make them more toned and visible. But there's no point in having them toned if there's no muscle there so I'm trying to build that up

everybody has abs, everybody. it's just the fat that hides them. and honestly, they get plenty of work already, pretty much everytime you push or pull you tighten your core. so just continue your bulk and dont sweat em, you'll be amazed how they pop when you trim the fat. then once they're visible, then you can do the most basic ab workout and they'll pop. Abdominals really are like every other muscle and there isn't some magical routine to make them ill, lower body fat handles that on it's own.

everybody has abs, everybody. it's just the fat that hides them. and honestly, they get plenty of work already, pretty much everytime you push or pull you tighten your core. so just continue your bulk and dont sweat em, you'll be amazed how they pop when you trim the fat. then once they're visible, then you can do the most basic ab workout and they'll pop. Abdominals really are like every other muscle and there isn't some magical routine to make them ill, lower body fat handles that on it's own.

You're exactly right on the point that they're like every other muscle. Your abs will look like **** if you never hit them, but the fact of te matter is if you're doing heavy compounds (squats, deadlifts) you'll be hitting them sufficiently.

I totally disagree with y'all saying you get sufficient ab work by only doing heavy compound lifts.

We all know you have to have low enough body fat to be able to see your abs, but doing ab/core work will give you that V-cut and make your abs look way better.

Like the past couple posts have said, your abs are like any other muscle. If you don't do additional core work, you're selling yourself short athletically and aesthetically.

I totally disagree with y'all saying you get sufficient ab work by only doing heavy compound lifts.

We all know you have to have low enough body fat to be able to see your abs, but doing ab/core work will give you that V-cut and make your abs look way better.

Like the past couple posts have said, your abs are like any other muscle. If you don't do additional core work, you're selling yourself short athletically and aesthetically.

I can agree with that.

I can see my ****, and I have that V thing going. But I still have enough body fat to have a gut and that ugly fold over when I sit. I feel like a female complaining. It is ab work. Of course isolated ab exercises help as well.

But consistent heavy compound lifts like squats and deads will shape your abs and give you that v, no question.

Last edited:
you got good genetics by still having a v-cut at a higher BF. im the same way but now that im lean it looks :smokin :smokin planks help with the v-cut a lot.

How do you guys treat bicep soreness. Haven't been able to straighten my arms in over 2 days. :lol:

Contrary to what you might think, sometimes the best cure is more work on the muscle group. I've had instances in the past with different muscle groups that were sore for a week, leading into my next training session. The day after my second training session (while sore), the soreness disappeared. Of course you want to be cognizant of the intensity/load that you use.

Otherwise, different things can help with soreness such as epsom salt baths, higher protein intake, more sleep, and more advanced things like microcurrent therapy.

lets say you're doing biceps and triceps. you start with biceps and you get the pump. then you go to triceps

when you finish your triceps your biceps arent pumped up anymore so would your triceps benefit more when you take the whey?

i can see where my abs are supposed to be. i think maybe they're just shy :smh:
Repped that's some of the funniest ish I've read in awhile. But diet is most important like everyones been saying haven't really done abs in a month before last week and all of sudden there starting to show but I do like doin weighted ab workouts. Just stay focused fam and it'll workout for you.

lets say you're doing biceps and triceps. you start with biceps and you get the pump. then you go to triceps

when you finish your triceps your biceps arent pumped up anymore so would your triceps benefit more when you take the whey?
Dr. Durden can help you out with this question, where are you Dr. Durden?

Paging Dr. Durden...

Short anwser, you aren't gonna see or notice any difference.

i can see where my abs are supposed to be. i think maybe they're just shy :smh:
:lol:

Get them to have an affair, act like an adult for once.

I've been hitting my core more lately, just the basics. Plank holds are money. Hanging leg raises, decline situps, hip thrusters. Cardio + diet will reveal the abs. Some don't react as well to hitting them with resistance.

Need a workout partner. I feel so alone in the gym even if it's full. Plus I need someone to push me to my limits.

Back
Top Bottom