STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You're exactly right on the point that they're like every other muscle. Your abs will look like **** if you never hit them, but the fact of te matter is if you're doing heavy compounds (squats, deadlifts) you'll be hitting them sufficiently.

I don't work my abs in isolation almost at all and yet it's probably what I consider to be my best looking area on my body. Squats and Olympic lifts can do it just fine

Some guys just have great genes when it comes to abs

and that cutting article is an interesting read. i lost about 13# overnight to seal the deal on a bigger loser type contest we had at work a few years back. didn't even diet much and did zero cardio up until the last day. on the last 24 hours, i didn't eat, only sucked ice chips, went in the steam room a few times, wore a plastic bag and did stationary bike a buncha times, tossed and turned all night. weighed in at 21# lost for 30 days and won $50. felt horrible.

you put your body through that for 50 bucks?? definitely not worth it

Ive never really looked into taking creatine, but I'm just curious, whenever you stop taking it do your maxes drastically go down. I just take fish oil and whey protein but been looking into some good BCAA's.

COME AT ME BROS

Ive never really looked into taking creatine, but I'm just curious, whenever you stop taking it do your maxes drastically go down. I just take fish oil and whey protein but been looking into some good BCAA's.
Creatine is probably the most misunderstand supplement. IMO, it's just as essential as a whey protein supplement. It's very safe to use and you don't need to cycle it either so there really is no need to stop taking it.

Creatine helps retain water so when you're off it, you essentially drop some water weight. But it also helps build lean muscle mass. I've always had great results with creatine. Maybe Durden can provide more insight as well

Creatine is a great supplement because creatine phosphate can be stored in the body and is used to replenish ATP (the body's energy fuel) after it is broken down to ADP, Creatine phosphate + ADP regenerates ATP which is used by the body for energy needs during anaerobic activity, helping during those intense workouts which lead to greater muscle/strength gains.  If you stop taking creatine you won't typically lose muscle mass that was gained but your strength will go down slightly  

just got my creatine monohydrate from bb.com i got the ON.

Im drinking a gallon of water today and will began taking it tommorrow.

So 5g a day is only 1 gallon of water right??

do i have to drink the water before or after? or it doesnt matter as long as i get the gallon for that day?

like usually i work out at 8pm - 10pm ...

say if i drink like 3/4 of the water during the day and i drink the remaining 1/4 after i workout. Is that OK?

Or should i take the creatine right when i wake up in the morning and drink the gallon throughout the day?

Last edited:
Watching Bostin69...

I'm so damn scared of IV's 0] 0] 0]

He's scary with this cocktail, seems insane IMHO

Last edited:

do i have to drink the water before or after? or it doesnt matter as long as i get the gallon for that day?

say if i drink like 3/4 of the water during the day and i drink the remaining 1/4 after i workout. Is that OK?

Or should i take the creatine right when i wake up in the morning and drink the gallon throughout the day?

I drink 4 32 oz bottles of water throughout the day. 2 at work (usually 1 during the 1st 4 hours, 1 last 4) and 2 at home (1 post workout with my shake, 1 with dinner) I take my creatine in my pwo shake.

Doesn't matter. Creatine won't know what time your taking it or anything like that. Just drink at least a gallon and you will be good. I loaded mine and only drank a gallon a day and have seen results.

Is this your first time taking it in a while or at all?

I would suggest loading the creatine 20g a day for 5 days. And then 5g a day everyday after that.

Creatine doesn't work by being delivered to your blood and muscles right away. It works by having your muscles saturated with it.

You will see results faster if you go through a loading phase

Creatine is probably the most misunderstand supplement. IMO, it's just as essential as a whey protein supplement. It's very safe to use and you don't need to cycle it either so there really is no need to stop taking it.

Creatine helps retain water so when you're off it, you essentially drop some water weight. But it also helps build lean muscle mass. I've always had great results with creatine. Maybe Durden can provide more insight as well

Creatine is a great supplement because creatine phosphate can be stored in the body and is used to replenish ATP (the body's energy fuel) after it is broken down to ADP, Creatine phosphate + ADP regenerates ATP which is used by the body for energy needs during anaerobic activity, helping during those intense workouts which lead to greater muscle/strength gains.  If you stop taking creatine you won't typically lose muscle mass that was gained but your strength will go down slightly  
Appreciate the info guys, I'm gonna look into it

I drink 4 32 oz bottles of water throughout the day. 2 at work (usually 1 during the 1st 4 hours, 1 last 4) and 2 at home (1 post workout with my shake, 1 with dinner) I take my creatine in my pwo shake.

Doesn't matter. Creatine won't know what time your taking it or anything like that. Just drink at least a gallon and you will be good. I loaded mine and only drank a gallon a day and have seen results.

Thank you. Preciate it fellas.

First cheat meal in over 2 weeks...back on it tomorrow.

Nice dude. I dunno why but whenever I have a cheat day or meal after a week or 2 of eating real clean, I look a little leaner & muscles are fuller in the a.m.
Definitely. Re-feeds can be very beneficial. My waist line usually looks leaner the day after. It's more simple carbs then I've had in a while, but I've been doing a lot of HIIT so my body can definitely make use of them. Key is not going overboard and eating a dozen donuts and a whole pizza lol.

Last edited:
New to creatine also. Will order some tonight. Sorry if asked already, but:

- Mix with water?

- Before and after workout, correct?

- Will it be okay to use every day? Or alternate?

- Do I drink with meal or can I use as a meal/snack?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom