STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Once yall started taking Creatine how long did it take for you guys to start noticing results? I've got a wedding back home next month and was hoping I'd notice a difference by then.

^ what are your stats now? what's your routine? eating habits? creatine isn't really a game changer. It'll help, but you may not have noticeable changes in a month. It'll be marginal.

The bioscience when it comes to creatine. :lol:

FYI, loading definitely works.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY

loading doesn't matter it may cause saturation quicker (thats a big "may") which u will reach in about a week or two regardless if u load or not so its pointless, and you just piss out the creatine u are not using and its extra hard on your liver

creatine is the easiest supplement to take. take it any time of day with any type of liquid mix it w/ your protein/intra workout/preworkout or just shovel it in your mouth it doesnt matter

lets say you're doing biceps and triceps. you start with biceps and you get the pump. then you go to triceps

when you finish your triceps your biceps arent pumped up anymore so would your triceps benefit more when you take the whey?
Dr. Durden can help you out with this question, where are you Dr. Durden?

Paging Dr. Durden...

Nah, there isnt a correlation between the "pump" and muscle recovery, especially when it comes to whey. Theyre two separate things and arent affected by one another. The pump isnt even an indicator of a good workout. Just like muscle soreness, its not an indicator of effectiveness. Its just a cause from an effect.

Ive never really looked into taking creatine, but I'm just curious, whenever you stop taking it do your maxes drastically go down. I just take fish oil and whey protein but been looking into some good BCAA's.
Creatine is probably the most misunderstand supplement. IMO, it's just as essential as a whey protein supplement. It's very safe to use and you don't need to cycle it either so there really is no need to stop taking it.

Creatine helps retain water so when you're off it, you essentially drop some water weight. But it also helps build lean muscle mass. I've always had great results with creatine. Maybe Durden can provide more insight as well

It's definitely misunderstood, but I dont know if id say its essential. Essentially it all depends on the reason someone exercises. Does it work? Yes, it sure does. Is it needed? Ehhhh.

just got my creatine monohydrate from bb.com i got the ON.

Im drinking a gallon of water today and will began taking it tommorrow.

So 5g a day is only 1 gallon of water right??

do i have to drink the water before or after? or it doesnt matter as long as i get the gallon for that day?

like usually i work out at 8pm - 10pm ...

say if i drink like 3/4 of the water during the day and i drink the remaining 1/4 after i workout. Is that OK?

Or should i take the creatine right when i wake up in the morning and drink the gallon throughout the day?

Just drink a lot of water. Dont overthink this aspect of it. Drink water, and plenty of it. Something around a gallon is fine. If you dont drink the entire gallon, dont worry.

New to creatine also. Will order some tonight. Sorry if asked already, but:

- Mix with water?
- Before and after workout, correct?
- Will it be okay to use every day? Or alternate?
- Do I drink with meal or can I use as a meal/snack?
I mix it with juice because it tastes nasty with just water.
Doesn't matter when you take it.
Use it everyday and load if you want it to get saturated into the muscles quicker.
Not a meal replacement, it has 0 calories. 

All this. The juice helps with absorption too.

Once yall started taking Creatine how long did it take for you guys to start noticing results? I've got a wedding back home next month and was hoping I'd notice a difference by then.

Depends on what result you want to see..... Strength? A few days. Look bigger? Few weeks Physical changes like weight loss? Much much longer.

Nah, there isnt a correlation between the "pump" and muscle recovery, especially when it comes to whey. Theyre two separate things and arent affected by one another. The pump isnt even an indicator of a good workout. Just like muscle soreness, its not an indicator of effectiveness. Its just a cause from an effect.
It's definitely misunderstood, but I dont know if id say its essential. Essentially it all depends on the reason someone exercises. Does it work? Yes, it sure does. Is it needed? Ehhhh.
Just drink a lot of water. Dont overthink this aspect of it. Drink water, and plenty of it. Something around a gallon is fine. If you dont drink the entire gallon, dont worry.
All this. The juice helps with absorption too.
Depends on what result you want to see..... Strength? A few days. Look bigger? Few weeks Physical changes like weight loss? Much much longer.

Durden says to load, so thus, I will load

^ what are your stats now? what's your routine? eating habits? creatine isn't really a game changer. It'll help, but you may not have noticeable changes in a month. It'll be marginal.

217 right now and I've been on a cut for over a year. I've got 3 lbs to go until I've lost 100 and I'd eventually like to get to 200-205. I eat clean all week and allow myself one cheat meal a week and once a month ill have a cheat day just to offset. I work out 4 days straight and then take a day off and then start the routine again. Day 4 is cardio only if that matters.

Last edited:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY

loading doesn't matter it may cause saturation quicker (thats a big "may") which u will reach in about a week or two regardless if u load or not so its pointless, and you just piss out the creatine u are not using and its extra hard on your liver

creatine is the easiest supplement to take. take it any time of day with any type of liquid mix it w/ your protein/intra workout/preworkout or just shovel it in your mouth it doesnt matter

Okay boss :lol:.

217 right and I've been on a cut for over a year. I've got 3 lbs to go until I've lost 100 and I'd eventually like to get to 200-205. I eat clean all week and allow myself one cheat meal a week and once a month ill have a cheat day just to offset. I work out 4 days straight and then take a day off and then start the routine again. Day 4 is cardoon only if that matters.

I would suggest looking into Intermittent Fasting. Lucky has GREAT results with that

Keto Diet is also a great way to shed fat by basically eating junj

not really, you can def say loading is broscience.

ask anyone whos been doing this for years and with experience they themselves will tell you loading is worthless

take 5g a day and in no time it will be in your system. you think in a week creatine will make a difference in your body whether your load or not? LULZ

its not a magic supplement guys

ask anyone whos been doing this for years and with experience they themselves will tell you loading is worthless

take 5g a day and in no time it will be in your system. you think in a week creatine will make a difference in your
body whether your load or not? LULZ

Loading is not necessary but it is beneficial. I also have been on and off creatine for years and I have found I get better results when loading. It also depends on your body as well

take 5g a day and in no time it will be in your system. you think in a week creatine will make a difference in your body whether your load or not? LULZ

Hold on.... Loading is considered broscience but your validation is based upon peoples experiences? Do you see the problem with this?

This has been discussed before, but ill say it again. Creatine loading is not broscience. Don't confuse "broscience" with "necessary". It works, but it's not necessary. Both loading and not loading lead to the same destination. Its just a matter of how you want to get there. Neither method is right or wrong.

20g for 5 days with 2g each day thereafter will give you the same saturation as 5g per day for a month.

Lol why do dudes make life so hard?

Brb didn't load creatine still making gains
Brb not drinking creatine with grape juice

As for BCAAs I drink Xtend intraworkout along with BCAAs it has electrolytes in it so its pretty much like drinking a Gatorade that's worth something and only 5 calories per scoop

Using the term bro-science incorrectly.

Lucky you making me think about ordering some of that Xtend the way you speaking about it. I know whey has plenty of bcaas but I don't see how an extra scoop wouldn't help the gains at least a little.

I need to find a good deal now :nerd:

I need this little baby lower belly fat to go away NOW 
mean.gif

Not a fan of xtend, tried the watermelon and it's just too sweet for me. Recover pro however is awesome. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but musclehq is a good site to check daily for supp deals.

Not a fan of xtend, tried the watermelon and it's just too sweet for me. Recover pro however is awesome. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but musclehq is a good site to check daily for supp deals.

I use like 16-20 oz of water with xtend, anything less it will be too sweet. I got the blueberry right now it's been my fav gonna try watermelon next or grape.

Lucky you making me think about ordering some of that Xtend the way you speaking about it. I know whey has plenty of bcaas but I don't see how an extra scoop wouldn't help the gains at least a little.

I need to find a good deal now :nerd:

It's legit especially since I've been cutting bioscience or not I think it's help me keep a lot of muscle mass.

A couple of things about creatine.

1. The sugar in juice helps with absorption, but do NOT take it with any type of citrus juice (oj) because the citric acid turns creatine into creatinine, an unusable substance by your body.

2. Despite what some people say, creatine doesn't need to be cycled. Point blank. No study ever has shown normal creatine use to be hard on your liver. The only reason to cycle would be if you're improperly using it and want to give your body a break from it or somethin idek. Cycling is just gonna make you lose strength for a while and slow you down in your progress.

Can anyone link me to a good workout regimen for a female friend? She is about 5'7 160, and wants to lose weight, and firmup everywhere, but doesn't know where to begin.

Back
Top Bottom