STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Doesn't laying that curl bar on your **** hurt tho?
I'm 5'8"-5-9" Im at 187, right now I'm just doing 5x5 stronglifts. I'll do 3-4 times a week. I'm eating 1800 calories.

Not sure what body fat I am.

How long you been at it?

Are you guys getting these numbers from myfitnesspal? I remember when I signed up for myfitnesspal and put in my goal, it calculated 1750 calories
laugh.gif

If you're eating 1800  calories, even on offdays, you should be losing weight based on your measurements. I'm suspecting youre off on your calorie count.
^that

thanks man. too bad i can't do that. too many workouts in a day. i'm allotted 1 hour and some change on weekdays to workout. gonna have to lose fat by cutting cals. first month or so, imma white knuckle it and limit my daytime cals to less than 500. if i lose weight and start to falter or stall, i'll take some alphamine or something and see how that goes. goal is to get under 170# for me.

Last edited:
He's trying to lose weight though. And if he's trying to get to 150lbs, that isn't a bad plan.

He should be losing weight but yeah it is a bad plan. Unless you're wayyyy overweight, you shouldn't be way way under maintenance like that. For a bunch of reasons. It should be clear that someone 30 pounds heavier than you shouldn't be eating what you eat on off days. Maybe once he's closer to your level. But now? Nah.

I used to be 230 dropped to 182, something came up and stopped working out, I went back to 192 , started back up 2 months ago. now I'm stuck at 187. Wanted drop to low 170s. Carry a lot of fat on my chest area.

So should I up it to 2300? Hit up the gym 5 a week?

He should be losing weight but yeah it is a bad plan. Unless you're wayyyy overweight, you shouldn't be way way under maintenance like that. For a bunch of reasons. It should be clear that someone 30 pounds heavier than you shouldn't be eating what you eat on off days. Maybe once he's closer to your level. But now? Nah.
My response is based purey on bulking/cutting calorie calculators, so not subjective. Its worked for me but i dont power lift.

I used to be 230 dropped to 182, something came up and stopped working out, I went back to 192 , started back up 2 months ago. now I'm stuck at 187. Wanted drop to low 170s. Carry a lot of fat on my chest area.

So should I up it to 2300? Hit up the gym 5 a week?

Well, the exact number is your call I guess. I would aim for 5 times a week at the gym if your schedule permits with a good weight lifting program or hard cardio. Anything more than that would be on what your body permits. Just make sure to avoid going under 2000 consistently on training days. It's all about consistency, not quick fixes.

^that
thanks man. too bad i can't do that. too many workouts in a day. i'm allotted 1 hour and some change on weekdays to workout. gonna have to lose fat by cutting cals. first month or so, imma white knuckle it and limit my daytime cals to less than 500. if i lose weight and start to falter or stall, i'll take some alphamine or something and see how that goes. goal is to get under 170# for me.

You can still do the gym part in the morning. Just do cardio in the am before u do what u gotta do. And do it after u done with whatever.
I dont do 30 mins i started with 20 mins and do 30 on off days.

My maitenance is around 2500 im 200 normally. 180 on my cut im at about 2100 cals

He just needs to work out more days do cardio and possibly try something other than 5x5. Imo

Counting cals is simple. 4 cals per carb. 4 cals per protein. 9 cals per fat. Read the label to see what youre eating calculate it. Done.

My response is based purey on bulking/cutting calorie calculators, so not subjective. Its worked for me but i dont power lift.

Nah your response isn't based on calculators cause you're using a weight that's 30 pounds less for no reason at all. I hate when people come in this thread and tell people to starve themselves as if that's how you get lean. It's not healthy, it leads to people eventually swinging back and gaining all the weight, and makes them miserable. No upside to such a severe cut unless you're doing some sort of weigh in and have a deadline.

All you guys talking about cutting and calorie counting. I'm 5'11" and 163lb and find it incredibly difficult to put any weight on :smh:

Think I need to start counting calories to see where I'm at as I guess it could be a bit low for the amount of exersise/training I do

That last part is very true. When I first started cutting, my first week I was eating 2100; second week I was eating 2000; third week I was eating 1900, etc... That's if you want to minimize muscle loss. I also do almost no cardio. If all you care about is losing weight, you can cut a lot more calories quickly. 

Cant help him without knowing the weight he wants to get to though.

Last edited:
All you guys talking about cutting and calorie counting. I'm 5'11" and 163lb and find it incredibly difficult to put any weight on
mean.gif

Think I need to start counting calories to see where I'm at as I guess it could be a bit low for the amount of exersise/training I do
Cals in vs Cals out. It's as simple as that. Find out your maintenance caloric intake (someone posted a calculator link above) add 500 cals to that and do it for as long as it takes to get to where you want to be. Of course these calculators aren't 100% accurate so some trial and error is needed.

MyFitnessPal is great for tacking cals/macros. I heavily suggest counting that stuff, at least until you get a grip on what you regularly eat and can accurately estimate within reason everything you eat. I've been health conscious since I was 13-14 and through years of counting calories, research, reading labels, etc. I can guesstimate a lot, but I still count with MFP. The more detailed you are, the more likely you are to succeed and if if you have setbacks which you will, you can use your logs to see what you were doing wrong.

You can adjust serving sizes in MFP :lol:

Wasnt one of the people saying hes probably doing something wrong in MFP.
Not a bad idea to possibly back up the numbers with your own calculations. Thats if hes even measuring things compared to eyeing

Back
Top Bottom